Matches Derby County (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincoln.yellow1

3 weeks to go before the first game of the season, we have half a dozen friendlies to get the fitness up and hopefully 3 or 4 signings to come in to boost our chances of success this coming season.
Then comes the visit to Derby to probably the best Stadium in league 1 with a visiting allocation of 2700, can we sell out? should we sell out? will we sell out? I would think every Oxford Utd supporter gave a fist pump (or something similar) when the fixtures were announced and where we would and could be visiting on the opening day.
The Lincoln Yellows (5 this season, including the 14 year old mad for it Weekend Offender dressed grandson, Taylor) will be heading across country on the train, i‘m sure plenty from Oxford will also get the train up as well as the 4 or 5 official travel coaches.
It could be Portsmouth away again as it was on the first day of the season back in 2013 with yellows everywhere.
Who is going and can we sell out............!

Last edited:
I think we should sell out.

Be nice if they could hurry up and put tickets on sale.

I think we shouldn't sell out and go on the P**s in Wakefield instead!

I don’t think we will sell out. The first few fixtures always seem to be a struggle presumably because we have a lot of fans going on summer holidays.

3 weeks to go before the first game of the season, we have half a dozen friendlies to get the fitness up and hopefully 3 or 4 signings to come in to boost our chances of success this coming season.
Then comes the visit to Derby to probably the best Stadium in league 1 with a visiting allocation of 2700, can we sell out? should we sell out? will we sell out? I would think every Oxford Utd supporter gave a fist pump (or something similar) when the fixtures were announced and where we would and could be visiting on the opening day.
The Lincoln Yellows (5 this season, including the 14 year old mad for it Weekend Offender dressed grandson, Taylor) will be heading across country on the train, i‘m sure plenty from Oxford will also get the train up as well as the 4 or 5 official travel coaches.
It could be Portsmouth away again as it was on the first day of the season back in 2013 with yellows everywhere.
Who is going and can we sell out............!
Id like to think we will be there in big numbers

I always think we'll break 2000 fans for these opening day away fixtures but history would suggest otherwise. As others have said, I definitely think the school holiday factor impacts our numbers. There's quite a few people from the Yorkshire Yellows crew who can't make it, including one who lives in Derby who is devastated...!

Interesting how regularly we've been away on the first day of the season of late!

2018: Barnsley (a): 1280
2019: Sunderland (a): 1122
2020: Lincoln (a): 0 (COVID)
2021: Cambridge (a): 1428

The Loungers will be there. Even booked a hotel for Saturday night so we can have a few sherberts post game. (Free car park and easy walk to the ground as well!)

The Loungers will be there. Even booked a hotel for Saturday night so we can have a few sherberts post game. (Free car park and easy walk to the ground as well!)
You've certainly got plenty of choice for pubs post match!

I always think we'll break 2000 fans for these opening day away fixtures but history would suggest otherwise. As others have said, I definitely think the school holiday factor impacts our numbers. There's quite a few people from the Yorkshire Yellows crew who can't make it, including one who lives in Derby who is devastated...!

Interesting how regularly we've been away on the first day of the season of late!

😭

We were all hoping that Derby might be struggling to field a half decent team and hoping to get the points……wonder on their forum are they thinking that about us now?

Absolutely, it'll be an away end sell out won't it?

It would be nice for derby to actually let us know how many tickets and how much they cost so we can start buying them
I don't think it's to much to ask.
Got to remember, they were only taken over 10 days ago and were not able to do a number of things whilst in administration including all of the admin/logistics etc for ticketing arrangements/renewing safety certificates etc. amongst everything else. So all of that has been happening since 1st July. I'm sure they'll be released as soon as they can.

They haven't put their home tickets on sale yet, and only started selling season tickets a handful of days ago.

Usual away corner holds 2700ish, was 3000 a couple of seasons back but reduced due to a couple of incidents, don't know if that was a permanent measure or not.

It would be nice for derby to actually let us know how many tickets and how much they cost so we can start buying them
I don't think it's to much to ask.
A bit rich moaning about Derby when we haven't announced our ticket prices yet, and can't buy tickets for first home league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom