Matches Derby County (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think that's been reciprocated in kind @Ricky Otto

But this latest guy firstly came on here to have a pop about us financially, while getting his facts wrong, and then came out with his line about us going to Derby with "the right attitude" It was patronising and I've responded in kind. You know me, Ill call it how it is, always give people a chance, but this guy was aggressive from the off, so you reap what you sow.

FWIW I don't really have ANY view of Derby, they're just another club, but I also won't be told how to behave at another club's ground, when that behaviour includes rolling over and letting it all be about them. What next, us telling them that they can't sing nasty songs about us only having three stands?

@colinb I was of course caught off guard by you calling it how it is and not tolerating any bs from an opposing fan. It seemed incredibly unlike you and I assumed you’d been hacked by a Chinese based cyber attack group named the “Mandarin Forest Phishing Force” 😉

I think my point was I think now that he has been called out, we can return to enjoying a reasonably decent set of contributors rather than his comments becoming a pile on from others against all and anything derby.

Although you will likely still be spending a fortune compared to most teams in League One!

I think your wage bill was at about £35m last time it was published? Even if it's now down to a quarter of that, it would still be massive compared to most teams in the division.

(admittedly, we're probably not the first ones to be complaining, as with our rich owners we seem to be splashing the cash a bit now as well......)
Remember on Saturday we must let derby win we don't want to upset them anymore there poor fans have been through enough and having little Oxford turn up and win might just be the final straw ..
Actually f**k that lets go there yellows let turn pride park yellow and blue give them the welcome to league one they deserve
Steady on chaps, let’s all calm down.

If my fellow Rams fan did intend to be patronising then apologies. perhaps it was just an unfortunate use of English. I think you’ll find that the vast majority of Derby fans accept that it isn’t going to be a walk in the park and all league 1 clubs deserves each other’s respect and to be taken seriously. We may have one of the biggest grounds in the league and we may have amongst the biggest attendances but that doesn’t entitle us to anything. Any positive results and league position needs to be earned on the field of play.

There will of course be banter between each group of supporters but it shouldn’t be taken too seriously. I, for example, don’t really have a problem with the song about having a party when Derby die. As I say, it’s only banter.

I believe most Rams fans are just relieved to have emerged from administration and to playing without a points deduction. Of course, we want to bounce straight back up but if we don’t then I doubt we’ll be crying about the unfairness of it all.

Looks like it could be a cracking atmosphere on Saturday and I hope the football lives up to it.

Good luck for the rest of the season (after Saturday of course).

Look at this nice chap. Delectably nice post and no doubt sat out in the Peak District as we speak brushing his pedigree Ram and feeding it pre match day kibble

Steady on chaps, let’s all calm down.

If my fellow Rams fan did intend to be patronising then apologies. perhaps it was just an unfortunate use of English. I think you’ll find that the vast majority of Derby fans accept that it isn’t going to be a walk in the park and all league 1 clubs deserves each other’s respect and to be taken seriously. We may have one of the biggest grounds in the league and we may have amongst the biggest attendances but that doesn’t entitle us to anything. Any positive results and league position needs to be earned on the field of play.

There will of course be banter between each group of supporters but it shouldn’t be taken too seriously. I, for example, don’t really have a problem with the song about having a party when Derby die. As I say, it’s only banter.

I believe most Rams fans are just relieved to have emerged from administration and to playing without a points deduction. Of course, we want to bounce straight back up but if we don’t then I doubt we’ll be crying about the unfairness of it all.

Looks like it could be a cracking atmosphere on Saturday and I hope the football lives up to it.

Good luck for the rest of the season (after Saturday of course).
Tbh I think your contribution to this forum pre match has been excellent and our fans do appreciate what you’ve contributed

On Saturday those 3,000 of us travelling no we are in for a great day and know how special it is for the Derby fans.

Of course there will be singing and more than likely banter. We have a 3 sided breeze block of a dump so we’re used to having P**s taking all the time so it is expected.

As regards your club being safe I think all fans are pleased ( maybe not the Forest fans similar with us to Swindon ) but deep down no one wants to see a club fold with Bury being an example.

I do hope some of your not so understanding fans realise that as you’ve pointed out L1 it’s not easy it took Sunderland 4!seasons to get out and when the likes of Wycombe achieve it then people realise its not a walk over in the park.

Looking forward to visiting Pride Park and hopefully the right result.

Thank you for your input it is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Look at this nice chap. Delectably nice post and no doubt sat out in the Peak District as we speak brushing his pedigree Ram and feeding it pre match day kibble
If you’re referring to me then sadly no such pleasures. I live in the West Midlands and just have two moggies :)

West Midlands ad you support Derby and not that lovely lot at Birmingham or Aston 😊
Haha no chance. There’s a few of us Rams in the Tamworth/South Staffs/Warks area but most around here are indeed Villa or Blues fans. I can’t say that I enjoyed the train journey from Tamworth to Wembley a few seasons ago when we lost to Villa.

Tbh I think your contribution to this forum pre match has been excellent and our fans do appreciate what you’ve contributed

On Saturday those 3,000 of us travelling no we are in for a great day and know how special it is for the Derby fans.

Of courses there will be singing and more than likely banter. We have a 3 sided breeze block of a dump so we’re used to having P**s taking all the time so it is expected.

As regards your club being safe I think all fans are pleased ( maybe not the Forest fans similar with us to Swindon ) but deep down no one wants to see a club fold with Bury being an example.

I do hope some of your not so understanding fans realise that as you’ve pointed out L1 it’s not easy it took Sunderland 4!seasons to get out and when the likes of Wycombe achieve it then people realise its not a walk over in the park.

Looking forward to visiting Pride Park and hopefully the right result.

Thank you for your input it is much appreciated.
Cheers buddy. I’m looking forward to visiting your ground later in the season. It’s definitely on my wish list.

If you’re referring to me then sadly no such pleasures. I live in the West Midlands and just have two moggies :)
One of us and three dogs will be cheering U's from the Executive Box here in Chamonix - aka the Cinema Room via iFollow! Just need to get one's PA to find a chef for the pre-match dinner, along with someone to serve drinks and refreshments at one's seat, and then it should be a good afternoon! ;)

Just on the return fixture, I read that you can accept up to 5,000 away fans.

Does that ever happen or is it just for cup games etc ? What's the typical league away allocation ?

Just on the return fixture, I read that you can accept up to 5,000 away fans.

Does that ever happen or is it BS ? What's the typical away allocation ?
Just a few years ago in our demise to non league Kassam opened the whole of the north stand to orient fans who were in the hunt for promotion whilst we were fighting for our lives, it was a complete disaster and money grabbing at its best.
The north stand holds 5,000

Just a few years ago in our demise to non league Kassam opened the whole of the north stand to orient fans who were in the hunt for promotion whilst we were fighting for our lives, it was a complete disaster and money grabbing at its best.
Was it FK that took that decision or Merry et al?

I put some advice on a previous post (page 8 i believe)
The car parks near pride park are a nightmare to get out of - especially with an expected crowd of 29k plus

The nearest free matchday parking is the small estate at Deadmans lane (it ownt show on google maps but there is a cut through at the end of Deadman lane that takes you up to by the Merlin pub) , there is a sign out that says 'no parking for pride park stadium' - but its about as enforceable as asking fans to sit down on an awayday seeing as its a public street with no permit provision (Insert Reading fan joke here)

There is an away car park at the Derby conference centre and its about a 10 minute walk to the away end from there (also the away pub the navigation is situated here)- i assume the journey from Oxford will take you up the M1 then round the back of Pride Park on the A52.
Derwent Parade (Outside Derby's North Stand) is closed after the game and your quickest way out may be to head for the A38 - A50 - M1 rather than navigating that side of the city on after the match

If you dont mind a 30 minute walk - i would park on the streets near the Alexandra Hotel or the Smithfield - you'll be straight out from there with no traffic
Cheers pal

1,450 unless it has increased again (as per the OUSP notes).

A lot of time for derby as a club regardless of the throwaway comment further up.

Decent size club. Decent history. None of the north east “we are great fans” bollox but they turn up in good numbers and make a good atmosphere. I don’t see any of the Sunderland style arrogance. They know they’re s**t and they know they’re lucky to have a club.

Frustrating obviously to see them able to outgun is financially so soon after admin but I think we’ve a very good chance of finishing above them in the league,

It should be a cracking day out for those that can go ( I wish I could) and I’m sure a great atmosphere from both sets of fans.

I also think worth recognizing quite a few rams fans have come on here and given lots of helpful advice without any of the Billy big bollox

Plus they hate poxy little wycombe
I'm guessing you don't frequent Twitter then? Probably up there with the most arrogant, deluded and most unbearable fanbase in the 92. There's a reason the majority of the Championship were delighted by their demise. Fully aware it's not all of their fanbase, obviously every club has their tw*ts, but they are in their own league on social media, lets down the decent ones unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom