Curtis Nelson to Cardiff

There’d be a chance we might be helping Nelson out by letting him join in early pre season until he’s formally elsewhere.
If he is still contracted until the end is of June then I would have thought he would have done training with us until his new contract starts

On what planet has a departing player with a week left on his contract ever turned up for the first day of training? I can’t for the life of me understand why so many people think he might have been there, or that he should be. Everybody knows how this works by now. The man is leaving - if he’d signed a deal elsewhere by now he would have turned up at his new club. Under no circumstances would he ever have turned up here, whether he’s fixed a deal somewhere else or not.

Curtis Nelson doesn’t play for us anymore. Is it really so difficult to take that people are saying he should have turned up for a jog and a pedal on the bikes?

On what planet has a departing player with a week left on his contract ever turned up for the first day of training? I can’t for the life of me understand why so many people think he might have been there, or that he should be. Everybody knows how this works by now. The man is leaving - if he’d signed a deal elsewhere by now he would have turned up at his new club. Under no circumstances would he ever have turned up here, whether he’s fixed a deal somewhere else or not.

Curtis Nelson doesn’t play for us anymore. Is it really so difficult to take that people are saying he should have turned up for a jog and a pedal on the bikes?

I know you’re probably responding to Bazzar’s message, which I agree, why would he come training with us, but I wasn’t saying he should be there, just wondered as he hasn’t signed elsewhere so was clinging on the hope he might stay!

ps, if he couldn’t have been bothered to do the jog /cycle test at least he could have been on the rowing machine or x trainer!

Interesting move for Nelson. A tough gig to get in the team although if he had the ambition he has to aim higher than us.

I made the point some time ago as to what side would want Nelson in the Championship and what he would want from a side he joined. Is he good enough for a Leeds or West Brom who will be challenging for the title and promotion places? Probably not. Is he good enough for a Wigan or Brentford who will tread water in the middle to lower end of the division? Certainly but his ambition and talent would extend beyond that. That doesn’t leave many sides to choose from which makes Cardiff an interesting choice should he be going there.

Interesting move for Nelson. A tough gig to get in the team although if he had the ambition he has to aim higher than us.

I made the point some time ago as to what side would want Nelson in the Championship and what he would want from a side he joined. Is he good enough for a Leeds or West Brom who will be challenging for the title and promotion places? Probably not. Is he good enough for a Wigan or Brentford who will tread water in the middle to lower end of the division? Certainly but his ambition and talent would extend beyond that. That doesn’t leave many sides to choose from which makes Cardiff an interesting choice should he be going there.
In my humble opinion, if Smalling and Jones are good enough to play for Man Utd and England then Nelson is more than good enough for Leeds or West Brom! ?

Good luck to him - he was very professional after deciding to move and never gave anything less than his all.

I don't think we should ever begrudge a player a move upwards when he does it right, the more it happens the more decent players will want to join us.

Last edited:
When on form, one of the better defenders in Div 1, pleased he chose Championship instead of having to face him at Pompey or Sunderland. Good luck to him

Good luck to him.
Unlike some on here, I reckon he will be very good in the Championship. Cardiff should be up there with Warnock in charge.
A much better move for him than to Sunderland, Pompey and Ipswich.

Good luck to him.
Unlike some on here, I reckon he will be very good in the Championship. Cardiff should be up there with Warnock in charge.
A much better move for him than to Sunderland, Pompey and Ipswich.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a regular starter next season, Bamba still out for a while, Manga is sh:t so I’d back him to play alongside Morrison there captain

Glad he moved on a level

When he was laid out near the open end goalmouth I feared the worst.....and it was bad. However, his recovery seemed ahead of schedule and he never looked back. Says a lot about the backroom staff. We have promising players to fill his boots. I think we will all follow his progress with interest.

Back
Top Bottom