Ex Player Curtis Nelson

There have been numerous comments from the club about zelson and his contract

Oh come on. You suggested it a 'crime' to have not offered him a new contract.
It is clear he has had offered a new contract. FFS he was stripped of the captaincy for not signing one!
Nothing is more clear m Ri inson also suggested a number of times that he was negotiating with Nelson.
So to suggest that it was a crime to have not offered him a new contract in my view was well off the mark.
who is this Zelson you speak of and is he as good as Nelson? ?

There have been numerous comments from the club about zelson and his contract

Oh come on. You suggested it a 'crime' to have not offered him a new contract.
It is clear he has had offered a new contract. FFS he was stripped of the captaincy for not signing one!
Nothing is more clear m Ri inson also suggested a number of times that he was negotiating with Nelson.
So to suggest that it was a crime to have not offered him a new contract in my view was well off the mark.

I didn't mean they hadn't offered him a new contract at all, just too little, too late. Unless you're saying that as soon as signing his last one, he would never ever have signed another one?

I didn't mean they hadn't offered him a new contract at all, just too little, too late. Unless you're saying that as soon as signing his last one, he would never ever have signed another one?
I am saying that how on earth do you know that it is too little too late.
You referred to it as 'a crime'
I am suggesting that he may well have been offered a good contract but simply wants to play in the Championship where he can get a massive pay rise

I am saying that how on earth do you know that it is too little too late.
You referred to it as 'a crime'
I am suggesting that he may well have been offered a good contract but simply wants to play in the Championship where he can get a massive pay rise

Well, that's true. I guess we will never know. They may have offered him an improved extension one year into his contract and he turned it down. It just feels annoying to have a valuable, young player leave because his contract expires. Maybe we should have given him a longer one when he signed from Plymouth - or maybe this was inevitable, no matter what the club did?

Once players realise they have the chance to earn north of 10k a week in the championship by letting a contract run down then they are unlikely to sign a deal with us for much, much less and affect their future earning potential. It’s worth the gamble when it comes to injuries when you consider the pay off, Nelson is probably looking at a £2.5-£3 million over the course of his next contract with a championship club when you take in a big signing on fee and bonuses, we would all take a gamble for that pay off.

He has been professional and played a big part in us staying up, so selling him cheap in January (if he would of even gone) could of ended up costing us more if we had been relegated.

Been a good player and a good pro for us, a little unlucky with injuries else we would of probably sold him for good money when we could of actually got it but that couldn’t really be helped.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for Luton. Realistically they are going too have to sign free agents and players who are from league 1. You won't get much better then Nelson at centre back.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for Luton. Realistically they are going too have to sign free agents and players who are from league 1. You won't get much better then Nelson at centre back.

Luton spent over 1million on players to get promotion out of league 2. They have assets such as Stacey, Justin and turnt a profit last year. I think they are in a decent position and won’t be relying too heavily on free transfers (championship spending is obviously bonkers in comparison)

Luton spent over 1million on players to get promotion out of league 2. They have assets such as Stacey, Justin and turnt a profit last year. I think they are in a decent position and won’t be relying too heavily on free transfers (championship spending is obviously bonkers in comparison)
It's more the wages of players in the championship. 75% of the players in the championship probably earn more then there top earner.

Dunkley hasn’t done too badly since moving on. Surely no one on here can say that they would take Dunkley over Nelson. Using that logic, I think he could easily go to a mid table Championship club.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he went Stoke. It is where he is originally from and I think Nathan Jones will know/rate him from his time at Luton.

I would agree with Luton too. Ambitious, investing, solid financially, new stadium. Definitely an appealing prospect. Everything were not at present.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Agree with Tilt & I would also snap up Chris Long (Blackpool) & our friend Danny Hylton - both know where the goal is!

I think people might have to keep expectations in check. Dan Harris has already hinted that financially, we might be hitting challenging times for next season. A young squad aiming at holding its own in league 1 next season should be the aim. Anything else will be a bonus.

I think people might have to keep expectations in check. Dan Harris has already hinted that financially, we might be hitting challenging times for next season. A young squad aiming at holding its own in league 1 next season should be the aim. Anything else will be a bonus.
But will Tiger try to sell us another 'pup' ?

Back
Top Bottom