Curtis Nelson to Cardiff

He was offered a job with a team just relegated from premiership who are bigger than us. Not worked out just yet but he deserved his opportunity at a higher level. Most us with whatever occupation we do would find it hard to turn down a chance for a job at a higher level. Great player for us and no issues with him.

Exactly this. It's a short career for a footballer, and unless you're "one of our own", you can't necessarily have the expectation of blind loyalty to a badge over the prospect of higher wages at a more competitive level.

Nelson was completely professional, seeing out his contract with committed performances and then moving on to more lucrative pastures. As long as players give their all, I have no problem with them doing that. Circumstances (his injury at exactly the wrong time) meant the club made no money, but that was just bad luck.
Would I have him back? Not if it meant Dickie had to play on the left, no.

Nelson was completely professional, seeing out his contract with committed performances and then moving on to more lucrative pastures. As long as players give their all, I have no problem with them doing that. Circumstances (his injury at exactly the wrong time) meant the club made no money, but that was just bad luck.

Get Dickie, Nelson and Moore in a 3? ?

I agree he was completely professional with his performances in his last season with us, but now we’ve moved on thanks Curtis but we’re ok.

He saw us safe with his performances at the back end of last season and for that I thank him for his professionalism.
As for his move? Who could begrudge a guy a move to a higher standard and an improved wage?
All the very best of luck to him, but we look pretty decent at the moment so we don’t miss him quite as much as I thought we would.

Well put. He was a bit of a legend for us, if I’m honest. What was that game he ran half the length of the pitch and then scored? Utter professional. But do we need him now? No.

Dickie is just getting better and better one moment on saturday when he got out of trouble from two of their players and strode forward to make pinpoint attacking pass was just brilliant

Back
Top Bottom