International News Covid-19 .....

I think you'll find the ground sloped more in the LRT half of the pitch than it did in the CLT half, it was most definitely curved. A flat pitch would have had a uniform gradient.

Yes having Reffed on it a fair few times. It was a nightmare for u10 finals as the ball would be in the London Rd/Osler Rd part of the pitch for ages at a time. Bonus was I didn't have to move much. ?

So the misleading numbers are being weeded out it seems.... not all countries are "honest" it seems. Who would have thought it.....
Something I mentioned a few months back and I am glad we are finally seeing who is not being that honest! It would be good if PHE will publish the reviewed figures, but I can't see it happening. Better having dodgy data out there

It may have been explained many times that the oft quoted, hastily gathered, data is very fallible and it is better to look at the "numbers" when things have calmed down a bit.
Hence the frothing by the seemingly absent Taxi about UK death figures now holds less water, as it seems having Covid-19 on your medical record was enough to be counted, even if it was the bus that killed you not the virus. There will be many other anomalies along the way as well.
Should we also avoid/mitigate/control a second spike or wave we could end up far better off than our comparative neighbours.

It may have been explained many times that the oft quoted, hastily gathered, data is very fallible and it is better to look at the "numbers" when things have calmed down a bit.
Hence the frothing by the seemingly absent Taxi about UK death figures now holds less water, as it seems having Covid-19 on your medical record was enough to be counted, even if it was the bus that killed you not the virus. There will be many other anomalies along the way as well.
Should we also avoid/mitigate/control a second spike or wave we could end up far better off than our comparative neighbours.
On that basis, you would simply have to not compare any nation's figures with any other nation's figures until some mythical time in the future when they were all exactly correlated. Which is daft and unhelpful.
I think that anyone with an ounce of brain power would admit that it's comparing apples with oranges to some extent, but those figures are all we have (and let's not pretend that our own government is above fiddling figures here and there!). Or take the number of deaths above the seasonal average (about 65,000!) if you prefer, which looks like a better measure of what has happened. That is fairly shocking, to say the least.
Trying to deflect criticism of the handling of this by positioning the UK as some sort of beacon of truthfulness (in fact overcounting!) while *all* the nasty Johnny Foreigners have fiddled their figures in the other direction is grasping at straws.

Has anyone #actually# been killed by a bus and had it counted as a COVID-19 death, or is this just something the government fanclub go on about as a smokescreen?

Metaphorical phrase.
We have had suicide by hanging recorded as a "Covid death" because the policy, at the time, said any mention of Covid on the DC goes in a data table.
So the patient history reads "Patient X visited me with mental health concerns about Covid and family/finance/future".
Goes on a spreadsheet, because there are more numbers,targets and measures than you can shake a stick at, and appears with PHE as a Covid death, hence Matt Hancocks inquiry into the PHE data to establish the facts.
If nothing else it highlights the fact that the data is very "broad" and policies often obstruct common sense!
More here: https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/covid...-discrepancies-in-deaths-outside-of-hospital/

Still, we can all still look at excess deaths can’t we.

Yes indeed, however the link I provided also discusses the volume of excess deaths from other causes that are/could be "Covid related".
Such as folk to scared to seek help die of whatever and become an excess death (wouldn`t have normally died).......... now is that a Covid related death?
Lies, damned lies and statistics...

Back
Top Bottom