International News Covid-19 .....

Virus' that occur in nature tend to be specific, in that they have distinct symptoms and or they attack particular parts of the body.

Given the wide range of both symptoms and consequences that appear to come with CV19, I could quite happily believe that someone was playing pick'n'mix with a few strains and some human genetic material.
Exactly this. Im definitely not a conspiracy theorist and certainly dont think this has been weaponised. But even my basic Biology A Level tells me this isnt behaving like a natural virus. Put simply, its the result of an experiment gone wrong. A modern day Chernobyl if you like. A balls up, followed by mass panic, followed by cover up.

• React
Reactions: PQ
Exactly this. Im definitely not a conspiracy theorist and certainly dont think this has been weaponised. But even my basic Biology A Level tells me this isnt behaving like a natural virus. Put simply, its the result of an experiment gone wrong. A modern day Chernobyl if you like. A balls up, followed by mass panic, followed by cover up.

Surviving the Virus: My brother and me which is on BBC1 on Wednesday may be of interest as there will be bits trying to explain why C19 is affecting different people differently.

It's comforting when there's someone to blame.

We can ignore our vulnerability.

Virus' that occur in nature tend to be specific, in that they have distinct symptoms and or they attack particular parts of the body.

Given the wide range of both symptoms and consequences that appear to come with CV19, I could quite happily believe that someone was playing pick'n'mix with a few strains and some human genetic material.
Spanish flu had a wide range of reported symptoms and I'm pretty sure that was created in a lab.

Probably escaped in host........ animal being tested .....like a bat, local eats bat................ Bob`s your Uncle & Fannys your Aunt.

meanwhile government plans to lockdown inside the M25 should cv19 continue to surge/ spike in London boroughs maybe a half decent idea.... but good old Bojo & Dom couldn't be arsed to consult with the elected mayor of London nor any of the London Borough council leaders on the subject .... hmmm democracy or dictatorship? :unsure:

London has been a bit of a nightmare so far. Uncontrolled Rioting and Protests, a militia parading in Brixton last weekend, inconsistent or no application of lockdown in some areas, and crime rising again. Let alone TFL running out of money. Mayor Khan's lockdown is making our Govt's effort look wonderful when we know it's very far from that.

The proof from other areas is the local political scene have struggled to enforce hard lockdowns (perhaps in regards to looking at electoral futures or offending people), so it has needed the Govt to make the hard calls to ensure COVID doesn't spread further. If Khan had better control of London, Boris and ok wouldn't need to take control.

London has been a bit of a nightmare so far. Uncontrolled Rioting and Protests, a militia parading in Brixton last weekend, inconsistent or no application of lockdown in some areas, and crime rising again. Let alone TFL running out of money. Mayor Khan's lockdown is making our Govt's effort look wonderful when we know it's very far from that.

The proof from other areas is the local political scene have struggled to enforce hard lockdowns (perhaps in regards to looking at electoral futures or offending people), so it has needed the Govt to make the hard calls to ensure COVID doesn't spread further. If Khan had better control of London, Boris and ok wouldn't need to take control.
Better control in what way? This thing is being run from No. 10.

They can advise and use a bit of legislation............ they are very reliant on us doing things right.
A minority of the population have proved incapable, unwilling or too entitled to do that.
The majority of us are doing the right things for the greater good....... but it needs everyone to do it.

In my humble the government should have held strong on the "Stay at Home" message for much longer early on with more stringent regulations.
No more than 2 miles from home, 1 person shopping, no non-essential travel etc.
Sadly, the political need to be "all things to all people" leads to the message/advice being soft & blurred and sets us up for longer term problems.

Makes me chuckle when people not living in London comment about it as if they have any idea what it's like ?

They can advise and use a bit of legislation............ they are very reliant on us doing things right.
A minority of the population have proved incapable, unwilling or too entitled to do that.
The majority of us are doing the right things for the greater good....... but it needs everyone to do it.

In my humble the government should have held strong on the "Stay at Home" message for much longer early on with more stringent regulations.
No more than 2 miles from home, 1 person shopping, no non-essential travel etc.
Sadly, the political need to be "all things to all people" leads to the message/advice being soft & blurred and sets us up for longer term problems.
I think you are confusing those who a have the power to make the law with those who run entities that have been created by it.

Also https://www.london.gov.uk/coronavirus

Donning my leftie pedant pendant I'd have to point out that riots, by definition, are uncontrolled.

You're welcome.
Yawn. Uncontrolled in the sense that the Police didn't stop it when it first started and allowed it to escalate and grow to a point where more damage and lives were affected.

Yawn. Uncontrolled in the sense that the Police didn't stop it when it first started and allowed it to escalate and grow to a point where more damage and lives were affected.
I'm with the pedant here.

They can apply one law consistently across areas as they are needed - for example, apply a local lockdown that the Mayors of Leicester and London have been afraid to do without the National Govt taking the decisions out of their hands. Local politicians seem more comfortable to let COVID numbers grow than take action to stop it.

In London, the growth of gang violence again shows a Mayor who has lost control

Donning my leftie pedant pendant I'd have to point out that riots, by definition, are uncontrolled.

You're welcome.
Unless they are instigated by and ‘managed /controlled’ by any particular government, anywhere in the world.
No evidence, just a thought, may or may not have happened.

Spike in Melton Mowbray is down to the Samworths factory.............. migrant workers....... profit....cheap labour...cheap food.... Ginsters....... pay peanuts......

Back
Top Bottom