International News Covid-19 .....

Sorry being fat is classless.
You get fat rich folk, fat poor folk and fat middle class folk.
They all have a problem, they have more fuel available than they burn off.
Cut all the BS out, call fatties fat... they are.
Eat less & move more........... that has the sum total of F all to do with social standing, income or time.
You can eat less cheap food as well as eating less "posh" food.

I`m certainly no Twiggy, I like food and I like a drink......... but I know that if I have a "bad" few days then I (me-nobody else) have to rectify that.

It's acceptable to live unhealthily in a middle class setting, though. An alcoholic cokehead working in the city that eats out 6 times a week would be seen differently by society as their working class equivalent, who drinks cider instead of chablis, does cheaper drugs and eats takeaway instead of going to restaurants.

This.

You can debate "stats" until the cows come home, the methodology of recording will differ and there are so many variables.....
Per 1000 people France (9.36) & Spain's (9.21) normal death rates are very close to the UK (9.41) for comparison.
Germany's normal death rate (11.39 per 1000) is 21% higher than the UK, why is that?
And that leads me to ask ........how come Germany's excess Covid death numbers are lower?

The excess deaths will not make "sense" until this time next year as they need time to show the true picture.

8180 people in Leicestershire have tested positive.
4905 of them are within the Leicester City Council area.
3275 (increase of 5) are in the County.

UHL reported no deaths.

What level are reported deaths nationally at these days? It doesn't seem to get mentioned much now.

What level are reported deaths nationally at these days? It doesn't seem to get mentioned much now.

Between 40-60 on average. Some lower, some higher.

Eid starts tomorrow........ 4 day party. Local message - "Celebrate at home with your immediate household".

That won`t happen - at all.

Thanks for that, so looking at 300 or so a week. This winter could be a shocker then if we have another wave.

Yep, its why the Nightingales are still there ready.
Some are being used for other treatments (Exeter I think)
Add "normal" Winter, restricted access to services (Cancer, Cardio-respiratory) due to Covid, seasonal Flu (lots won`t get their jab- Covid fear), people who have been ill and avoided Doctors (Covid fear) it could be horrific.
If it keeps "ticking along" with an R of 0.7 or above the potential for localised and wider outbreaks is there................ how you lock folk in a postcode will be a challenge at best! The Leicester "experiment" has proved it reduces by about 25-30% ..... if that is enough great but if not...

I have a friend who’s a dietician and says the richer patients are as hard to reform as the poorer ones. E.g. They get told to reduce their red meat consumption and respond “but we only get the best quality organic steak” as if it is somehow less likely to exacerbate their cardiovascular condition.

Slight easing in Plague Central.......... this made me laugh out loud....

"Households may go to hospitality, for instance bars and pubs, but new guidance will make clear that two households should not go to hospitality together. "

So what happens when you bump into a friend in the pub having travelled separately??

"Households may go to hospitality, for instance bars and pubs, but new guidance will make clear that two households should not go to hospitality together. "

So what happens when you bump into a friend in the pub having travelled separately??

Steady on, you are dangerously close to criticising the government there...

They don't actually give a toss so long as you are keeping the economy going ;)

Steady on, you are dangerously close to criticising the government there...

As close as I will get ? ?
I only raised it because all the "confused locals" will be looking for get out clauses.
That is the problem with local lockdowns it creates a tiny bit of confusion that gets blown out of all proportion by the media et al.
Already folk are querying not being able to meet in private gardens, but they can go to the pub garden or the park where there will be more people.
Whilst I can see the political/economic balance being taken others can`t, and lets not even consider "common sense" in the equation as the Eid parties are starting....

Baroness Warsi this am on TV said it all.

' My parents have mountains of food prepared for all the visitors expected to celebrate Eide'.

Here in Calderdale along with other parts of W. Yorkshire and Lancashire, we are now again being punished due to the spike in areas with a large Asian populations due to their lifestyle. They disregard government regulations with impunity so the rest of the population must suffer. I am not racist, some of my closest friends are Egyptian who have also ignored their government lockdown regulations.
They are now having a lockdown reimposed.
Our government should drop this politically correct stance and single out the postcodes affected as has my local Councillor regarding the Asian populated northwest part of Halifax which has a massive spike. This has of course, distorted the figures for the whole area including my small town which is several miles away.

Back
Top Bottom