International News Covid-19 .....

So let me get this straight.

He's got one person telling him what to say, and now wants another one to say it. Someone who (obviously) can't answer questions because he isn't the PM.
He is a 'big picture' politician who (in the words of a Tory MP on the radio last week) 'keeps his eyes on the horizon' and delegates all the practical details to others.

So if he doesn't set the policy, won't be communicating the policy and isn't involved with the details of the policy - what is the point of Boris Johnson?

I'd vote for him.

He talks good.

So let me get this straight.

He's got one person telling him what to say, and now wants another one to say it. Someone who (obviously) can't answer questions because he isn't the PM.
He is a 'big picture' politician who (in the words of a Tory MP on the radio last week) 'keeps his eyes on the horizon' and delegates all the practical details to others.

So if he doesn't set the policy, won't be communicating the policy and isn't involved with the details of the policy - what is the point of Boris Johnson?

Give Ol' Bozza a break. He's just declared war against obesity whilst simultaneously saving the economy by giving us money off at fast-food joints. f*****g mastermind!

Give Ol' Bozza a break. He's just declared war against obesity whilst simultaneously saving the economy by giving us money off at fast-food joints. f*****g mastermind!

So everyone who goes out for a meal is obese?

If someone wants to eat cheap shitty food then they'll eat it from supermarkets or existing fast food places. The money off deal applies to various restaurants, many of which are independently run and on the brink of going bust. This is an opportunity to give a valuable boost to local economies whilst also giving people confidence to get out of their houses and back to some sort of normal.

So everyone who goes out for a meal is obese?

Statistically, two-thirds of those going out for a meal will be over-weight. Rates typically increase amongst the poorer sections of society, who will be more incentivised by the money saving eating out deals.

I'm sure banning junk food ads before 9pm will more than offset the binge eating though!

Statistically, two-thirds of those going out for a meal will be over-weight. Rates typically increase amongst the poorer sections of society, who will be more incentivised by the money saving eating out deals.

I'm sure banning junk food ads before 9pm will more than offset the binge eating though!

I doubt eating out type restaurants contribute to the obesity problem in any spectacular way, bloody expensive way to get fat.

I doubt eating out type restaurants contribute to the obesity problem in any spectacular way, bloody expensive way to get fat.

Those saver menus at McDonald's etc aren't that expensive likewise with the equivalents at the others.

As always we come back to people taking responsibility for themselves.

I agree that this is a tricky contradiction of messages, but if many people have refrained from eating out or getting a takeaway for the past few months or so then this is aimed at encouraging them to maybe treat themselves and boost the catering industry.

I very much doubt the message was designed to encourage people to eat twice as much... although I suspect for some that will happen....

Not sure I can hold BJ responsible for that though.... not unless we want the country to be run as a 100% nanny state.

Will banning 9pm junk food ads help? Who knows, but it certainly won’t do any harm.

Has a definition of "junk food" been provided? Crisps? Ice creams? Alcohol?

Or is it just burger chains?

Self isolation increased from 7 to 10 days now... Feels like the correct thing to do doesn't it?
isn't it 14 days ... under some circumstances? - like coming back from Spain( & soon maybe France- but not Greece, Greece will be ok, as long as Johnson snr is over there Id guess? :rolleyes: :sneaky: ) ... within certain areas of UK there's a 14 day self-isolation quarantine ( irrespective of test positive or not) in place, Guernsey in Channel Isles, an acquaintance of mine is visiting his daughter ( first time he's seen her since xmas) on mainland UK , next week, when he returns to Guernsey, he's in a 14-day long self-isolation , no exceptions either. Anyone leaves Guernsey for any other destination, the 14-day self isolation applies on return

Question is , after Eid celebrations, which will likely boost the cv19 spike higher , will it only be OX4 in local lockdown ( should that be required) or will any local lockdown cover the entire OX1, 2, 3 & 4 post codes within the ring road? ... either way, not good as the training ground is either in or on the periphery of OX4 , with pre season looming

True, but the food at "nice" restaurants is also not healthy. The reason chef's meals taste amazing is because they are drenched in butter, saturated fats, sugar and salt ...

True, but the food at "nice" restaurants is also not healthy. The reason chef's meals taste amazing is because they are drenched in butter, saturated fats, sugar and salt ...
...add a few glasses of something cold to it as well... Obesity isn't just driven by food, alcohol has a major impact.

It's acceptable to live unhealthily in a middle class setting, though. An alcoholic cokehead working in the city that eats out 6 times a week would be seen differently by society as their working class equivalent, who drinks cider instead of chablis, does cheaper drugs and eats takeaway instead of going to restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom