General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like if there's an argument in a pub, some will join in, others will sit back and watch. But if it happens all the time, people will eventually just up and leave.

However, moderate sensible posters are needed more than ever even if it feels like you're pissing in the wind at times.

Stick with it and make your views heard!
Do you believe yourself to be moderate?

The time is approaching where a few more will bid farewell to this forum.

So you keep posting. 🤷‍♀️

Many of us have seen it all before with "White Knights" arriving to "save the club" or make a shed load of money for themselves.

A football club is a unique thing and we, the supporters, deserve to know that there is a plan of some sort even a vague outline on both the short, medium, and long term.
Now we all know those plans could be linked to pitch performance, promotion, county councils, planning, buying land, etc but at least an outline could be given as the lease continues to tick away.

The time is approaching where a few more will bid farewell to this forum.
Disagree about leaving the Forum
I think more people might leave this THREAD but they will still go onto the players and matches thread or any others they have an interest in
This thread is like the Transfer Window thread it goes on and on but the difference being the TW does have an end date

• React
Reactions: DSM
I think it's natural for a degree of skepticism to be on show in this thread and experience demonstrates that it's healthy to not swallow everything that owners, current or potential, dish up. Throw in our local government and their history of minimal support/dereliction of duty to their football club and the case for concern only strengthens. I don't think anyone should be pilloried for a pessimistic outlook. The off-field heritage of Oxford United demonstrates that pessimism and reality are often comfortable bed-fellows.

However, the current ownership group has done nothing but deliver a measured, professional (bar the initial cash-flow mismanagement) and conservative approach to their tenure, so I see less cause for abject gloom than we've previously endured. Bakrie's interview was slick, but it had substance and was delivered in a manner befitting someone representing serious, capable and ambitious people. Until he/they prove us wrong, I believe they've earned respect and a period of support, albeit with an air of caution. Few will want to run the risk of unconditional celebration ahead of some cold, hard and delivered truths.

Finally, the EFL dynamic is curious. On one hand, this forum has had pages filled with justifiable criticism of that particular body and their ineptitude, yet because some have inferred that the process has gone on for too long and see a conspiracy, those criticisms are not surfacing in the discussion.

I'm not popping champagne corks yet, far from it, but think that a little faith in both the owners and OxVox should be demonstrated and as supporters we should support both while their actions justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom