General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we’re not that important Ipswich take over and ratification done in less time than what Mr Bakrie and co have been trying to do. But us peasants as some think we are not privileged enough to be privy to important matters, some on here want to get on there knee directly in front of them and bow or do something pleasurable, but others would just like to know and when we question or ask individuals start giving it the high almighty and come back with confidentiality which to be I’m honest is B*****s as information has already been passed. So much for confidentiality.
I can’t believe you’re still putting out this rubbish. Have you considered posting less, and proofreading your comments before you send them?

Nice to see such a high-quality critique of someone's typed conversational skills. Classy folks, very classy.

It's not the typing skills I was criticising. It's the endless drive to find problems where none exist, the constant demand for answers whilst ridiculing those giving answers, and the crazy notion that one baseless theory has the same validity as one informed but deliberately careful response.

This isn't aimed at Bazzer alone, you offer nothing to this thread either!

It's not the typing skills I was criticising. It's the endless drive to find problems where none exist, the constant demand for answers whilst ridiculing those giving answers, and the crazy notion that one baseless theory has the same validity as one informed but deliberately careful response.

This isn't aimed at Bazzer alone, you offer nothing to this thread either!

I offer as much as anybody else, which is the sum total of nothing but speculation.

We know we have rich kids on board.

We know they have a "wish list".

If their ducks don`t line up they won`t hang around for fun.

That's it.

Nothing else.

I offer as much as anybody else, which is the sum total of nothing but speculation.

We know we have rich kids on board.

We know they have a "wish list".

If their ducks don`t line up they won`t hang around for fun.

That's it.

Nothing else.
On the other hand if the ducks didn’t line up we wouldn’t have rich kids abroad.

You can't demand answers from others while not giving answers yourself. Anyway, I'm out as this has been done to death and they have already answered your questions as best they can with confidentiality (which isn't bullshit as been explained numerous times).
But they can mention snippets…whatever

Simply question as you appear to have all the information. On what date did Ipswich submit their application to the efl? And on what date did Oxford do the same?

Because without that you have absolutely no idea whether one is taking any longer than the other.
They made an interest in taking over Ipswich back in April ours was March if rumours are to be believed. No I can’t give you dates but it does appear to have been done quite quickly and the cost of the takeover estimated at 30 million but I believe they still have debts from their previous owner.
But you can’t deny our takeover is taking quite sometime.

On the other hand if the ducks didn’t line up we wouldn’t have rich kids abroad.

Totally bewildered by what is happening here, horse and cart springs to mind.

If a ground deal has not yet been agreed, has the takeover bid not been submitted to the EFL prematurely?

If the EFL agree the takeover without a ground agreement having been made, is the takeover legally binding?

What will then happen given this scenario?

Confused.com (could be my aged post covid brain playing up)

Totally bewildered by what is happening here, horse and cart springs to mind.

If a ground deal has not yet been agreed, has the takeover bid not been submitted to the EFL prematurely?

If the EFL agree the takeover without a ground agreement having been made, is the takeover legally binding?

What will then happen given this scenario?

Confused.com (could be my aged post covid brain playing up)
Apparently the shares have been transferred so no need for any ground issues for the EFL to ratify the ownership. The ground can come after

They made an interest in taking over Ipswich back in April ours was March if rumours are to be believed. No I can’t give you dates but it does appear to have been done quite quickly and the cost of the takeover estimated at 30 million but I believe they still have debts from their previous owner.
But you can’t deny our takeover is taking quite sometime.

Firstly, our takeover will take as long as it needs. I have no idea how long others take so can't comment on whether ours is taking more or less time.

Secondly, you and others are completely missing a key difference between our situation and that of others. Our board are not changing in personnel. It's just a matter of how much each owns. So there is no rush from within our board. If they want to take a few weeks or a few months to agree everything internally so that everyone is happy, then that's fine. If they wanted to conclude the summer transfer window without distraction, whilst still bringing in the right players and resisting the selling of others, then that's fine. If they want to sort out things behind the scenes with land deals etc before sorting out shares, then that's fine.

What we know is that all the background stuff has been concluded. A formal approach to the EFL for change of ownership has been submitted. And there are no concerns whatsoever in this receiving approval.

So what's the issue?

Firstly, our takeover will take as long as it needs. I have no idea how long others take so can't comment on whether ours is taking more or less time.

Secondly, you and others are completely missing a key difference between our situation and that of others. Our board are not changing in personnel. It's just a matter of how much each owns. So there is no rush from within our board. If they want to take a few weeks or a few months to agree everything internally so that everyone is happy, then that's fine. If they wanted to conclude the summer transfer window without distraction, whilst still bringing in the right players and resisting the selling of others, then that's fine. If they want to sort out things behind the scenes with land deals etc before sorting out shares, then that's fine.

What we know is that all the background stuff has been concluded. A formal approach to the EFL for change of ownership has been submitted. And there are no concerns whatsoever in this receiving approval.

So what's the issue?
Just asking although Thohir has only recently returned to the board, the for the asking of the question Is just so we know who’s hands we’re in. Bill the sounds of things and with what you and others have posted the shares have been transferred and now waiting on the ok from the EFL, and when that happens ( this bit might surprise you ) we may get a more detailed version of what is going to happen the new ground and where and the potential timeline for completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom