General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bakrie Group own Brisbane Roar in the Australian A League. There was a recent programme on ABC about foreign ownership of football clubs.

No we don't. We know they intend to try and build a new stadium. There's a huge difference.
Well yes, if you want to look at it in such an unproductive and negative way, you could pick holes in it.

But these ain’t Mickey Mouse business men, they’re big players, with a track record of making things happen, specifically with regards to building football stadiums, and the guy running the show has just given a pretty definitive indication that he’s planning on moving the club to a new stadium.

Given their history of success in this area, that’s good enough for me to feel a lot more positive about things…

Credit where it is due he`s a very articulate and interesting chap.
Filled an entire interview with a vision, a plan linked it to COP26, and actually said nothing we didn`t know already.
Sounds like he did say something new, the first actual mention of our intention to move within the city rather than buy the Kassam or move to Bicester, both of which have been repeatedly touted here.

Interesting that he’s meeting people from the university, that’s good news.

They could show people a brand new stadium, completely finished, and people would still complain and put a negative spin on things! It’s boring. The club are working their proverbial’s off to make this happen. That is clear to see. These boys are not small time. They’re billionaires, with a history of making things happen! You don’t accumulate that level of wealth, if you don’t know what you are doing with your money! Just look at what they were able to do at DC United..

Nothing but positives for me. All aboard the positivity express! 🚌

So
How long does it take the EFL to do their checks?! The PL took about 48 hours when Newcastle’s consortium finally came back with a firm offer didn’t it? This has been going on for 3 months now and still not ratified. I’m too long in the tooth to get too excited until the deal is signed and sealed. Especially where the EFL are concerned...
Do we have journalists anymore?
Surely Radox/Mail could get onto the EFL and ask how long these things take
But this seems to be taking a really really long time
Still waiting for the full interview on Radox just wanted to say , how bad is this David Preever show,makes Alan Partridge look professional.

So

Do we have journalists anymore?
Surely Radox/Mail could get onto the EFL and ask how long these things take
But this seems to be taking a really really long time
Still waiting for the full interview on Radox just wanted to say , how bad is this David Preever show,makes Alan Partridge look professional.
Use the link in post No 2,749 of this thread.

It's a 12 minutes video interview between Jerome and Anindya and everything is there. It's as good as you could wish for.

All sounds pretty positive to me! A man who knows where he wants to do and how to get there.

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it. But has this interview come out now to soften the blow on the locals for when a new stadium planning application goes in later this year or early next year. To have a stadium ready in 5 years time it's going to have to get moving quickly.

Credit where it is due he`s a very articulate and interesting chap.
Filled an entire interview with a vision, a plan linked it to COP26, and actually said nothing we didn`t know already.
I thought that you were pretty sure we were staying at the Kassam EY?

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it. But has this interview come out now to soften the blow on the locals for when a new stadium planning application goes in later this year or early next year. To have a stadium ready in 5 years time it's going to have to get moving quickly.

Maybe there aren`t any locals who need the blow softened?
There is enough space close to the training ground to drop a stadium in, probably University-owned, but that wouldn`t be much of an obstacle.

Well, he hasn`t said we aren`t and it appears there may be more than one option on the table..... 🤷‍♀️

It's a 12 minutes video interview between Jerome and Anindya and everything is there. It's as good as you could wish for.
Colin, I don’t think it mentioned in the video how long EFL take to complete these checks, but could be wrong. But having said that, I don’t think Anindya Bakrie would have done this interview if he/they weren’t confident that they’ll get the green light.

Interested re; comments about potential new stadium being near current one as it was muted that it could potentially be Stratfield Brake, but then I guess it depends what you consider near to be!

Wouldn’t it be lovely if it was built within the city walls, but I guess that would be Dreaming Stadium rather than Dreaming Spires.

Liked the way Anindya came across though/direction etc.

Sounds like he did say something new, the first actual mention of our intention to move within the city rather than buy the Kassam or move to Bicester, both of which have been repeatedly touted here.

Interesting that he’s meeting people from the university, that’s good news.

I would hope so considering the university own most of the land in Oxford.

Probably like me we had to look at every avenue as long as we see football I don’t think either of us are that bothered where as long as we can watch OUFC although nothing concrete as of yet ie purchasing land and planning, but as @OX14 says we have to get a move on to complete before our current lease runs out.

Colin, I don’t think it mentioned in the video how long EFL take to complete these checks, but could be wrong. But having said that, I don’t think Anindya Bakrie would have done this interview if he/they weren’t confident that they’ll get the green light.

Interested re; comments about potential new stadium being near current one as it was muted that it could potentially be Stratfield Brake, but then I guess it depends what you consider near to be!

Wouldn’t it be lovely if it was built within the city walls, but I guess that would be Dreaming Stadium rather than Dreaming Spires.

It did say in the notes below the interview that the EFL had been contacted but declined to comment
Pretty sure it will go through but God it’s taking time

Didn’t hear a muted response that it could be Stratfield Brake and nearby? Stratfield Brake is 10 miles away but it could be Horspath now that is near

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom