General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much said what we already knew, with a contemporary twist on it. Let's hope something does actually happen, at some point...

I imagine the new stadium will include either accommodation for the university or study facilities. Interesting the link he made to Islamic studies, Indonesia and the club.

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it. But has this interview come out now to soften the blow on the locals for when a new stadium planning application goes in later this year or early next year. To have a stadium ready in 5 years time it's going to have to get moving quickly.
3EBB5797-8189-423F-9558-B194E986A306.jpeg
Sort the planning permission out and buy the land. Piece of Pi$$.
These guys are the real deal.
OUFC- Champion League Winners 2028/29

View attachment 7410
Sort the planning permission out and buy the land. Piece of Pi$$.
These guys are the real deal.
OUFC- Champion League Winners 2028/29

How long did planning take on that stadium though? The building it is the easy part as if you throw more money at it you can complete it faster.

The rumours I've heard (not ITK, just whispers going around) is that we've already agreed a deal for a fairly substantial piece of land. Seen the same said on social media too. No idea how accurate, but could perhaps be that we've got the land deal agreed, and just need to go through all the relevant steps to see if building on it is feasible.

I thought AB spoke really well, and it's clear that these guys aren't here to play. He's made it clear our intentions off the pitch, but also put the pressure on KR by saying we're going to back you, now get us up within two years. The ambition is there and I've never been more confident of OUFC getting a new home in the nearish future.

The rumours I've heard (not ITK, just whispers going around) is that we've already agreed a deal for a fairly substantial piece of land. Seen the same said on social media too. No idea how accurate, but could perhaps be that we've got the land deal agreed, and just need to go through all the relevant steps to see if building on it is feasible.

I thought AB spoke really well, and it's clear that these guys aren't here to play. He's made it clear our intentions off the pitch, but also put the pressure on KR by saying we're going to back you, now get us up within two years. The ambition is there and I've never been more confident of OUFC getting a new home in the nearish future.

A bit of team investment could solve that and if achieved some considerable investment to keep us there.

A quick question the spuds had a grant from the FA towards their 450 million pound stadium, will we get one for our 18,000 capacity stadium

Very excited having listened to him speak - he has clear vision and method. I love Tiger and appreciate all he has done/is doing but can’t help comparing this to the first interview he gave which left me (wrongly) feeling very worried.

Methane emissions from cows make it a net contributor to climate change - non starter....unless you can find a way to either stop them farting, or link them up to the grid??

They are finding ways to reduce emissions caused by Cows. It is a bit off commercially apparently but things like feed/supplements that will reduce cows burping* very significantly are in development. Also, a system has been designed to catch cows' urine which also reduces emissions as Cows can be trained to pee in the same place.

That said, a solar mower would be easier or sheep even.

*Which, iirc, is where the methane is released rather than farting.

The Environmental angle on the stadium could be very clever. Gives the local authorities a great excuse to get behind this (and why not). It's also a great thing for the club to be associated with and would add to our identity. Really pleased about this aspect.

The other positive aspect that I picked up on is that this looks like a steady, long term investment that doesn't involve spending fortunes on the team to try and get quick promotion to the Premier League. It's much more about a holistic investment which will hopefully serve the club much better in the long term.

If this comes off it'll be a game changer.

A quick question the spuds had a grant from the FA towards their 450 million pound stadium, will we get one for our 18,000 capacity stadium
I'm not being funny bazzer, but what are your expectations when you ask a 'quick question' such as this?

I doubt very much that many people passing by this forum are qualified to answer this question, and if they are, do you think they'd say?

The Environmental angle on the stadium could be very clever. Gives the local authorities a great excuse to get behind this (and why not). It's also a great thing for the club to be associated with and would add to our identity. Really pleased about this aspect.

The other positive aspect that I picked up on is that this looks like a steady, long term investment that doesn't involve spending fortunes on the team to try and get quick promotion to the Premier League. It's much more about a holistic investment which will hopefully serve the club much better in the long term.

If this comes off it'll be a game changer.
But how long is long term so far it’s been about 12 years

I'm not being funny bazzer, but what are your expectations when you ask a 'quick question' such as this?

I doubt very much that many people passing by this forum are qualified to answer this question, and if they are, do you think they'd say?
Just wondering if we will get a grant and if so is a full repayable grant or just a percentage which may go a long way to help, or is this a championship/premiership perk only?

Why not as it would be in the open domain.

Just wondering if we will get a grant and if so is a full repayable grant or just a percentage which may go a long way to help, or is this a championship/premiership perk only?

I think I read FGR new stadium included grants so I wouldn't say it's not a premiership perk only. I wouldn't be worried about grants though Jerome did say once this takeover has completed Oxford united will have the wealthiest owners it's ever had.

At last the owners speak. Good.

Clearly the reason for delay was that Bakrie wanted to tie up news with COP 26 and his attendance.

Very measured, thoughtful and intelligent interview. And also very logical.

The university got as much prominence as the club in the interview. As the university pretty much owns the city would be very interested to know which college owns the land they’re targeting. Bet it’s near a railway line.

Farmers, environmental lobby, anti Indonesian state activists usual cast of thousands to deal with of course .

All the best son.

You can't help but be positive about this to be honest. Certainly says the right things.

Now if we can just church the EFL a little bit of 'wheel grease' (wink) Newcastle stylee and we can crack on.

Get emailing them then.

I think I read FGR new stadium included grants so I wouldn't say it's not a premiership perk only. I wouldn't be worried about grants though Jerome did say once this takeover has completed Oxford united will have the wealthiest owners it's ever had.
If only part of the grant was repayable then I would go for it even though they’re going to be the wealthiest owners we’ve ever had.
On another note Bristol Rovers weee banging on about them having the wealthiest owners in the football league, but god knows how wealthy though as nothing has changed apart from relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom