General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to roll a fatty and listen to Tool.

9ec4ce6a7a5f97cc77ffe520bd0eefeb.gif

The first paragraph in the oxvox statement i the important one I reckon.

The rest of it is interesting because it makes clear (to me) that Oxvox and the owners are clearly going to work together in terms of keeping the wider fanbase informed.

Under promise and over deliver. It’s always the best way.

‘Cross the black sands’ - that’s a new one on me, I like it. Is it a famous quote? Two of our cats have crossed the rainbow bridge in the last year.
Famous? Depends on your taste in books. This comes from Sir Terry Pratchett, a writer of, amongst other books, the Discworld series. He is no longer with us unfortunately. His books give an enormous insight into life and contain more humour than many comedians have ever had.
I thoroughly recommend you try one or two.

It does really surprise me to see the enthusiasm for a takeover. We know literally nothing of these guys or their intentions other than that they have made millions in property development.
Because the current set up of having to sell 3m of players annually to survive is so dire. Whats our current debt 10m plus.?

Because the current set up of having to sell 3m of players annually to survive is so dire. Whats our current debt 10m plus.?
I don’t think rich daddies will come in and magic away all our debts plus give us spending money - I hope we’re going to be run sustainably.

It does really surprise me to see the enthusiasm for a takeover. We know literally nothing of these guys or their intentions other than that they have made millions in property development.

Their intentions are clear and have been quoted several times by posters including yourself.

1. A top 30 football club, ie. one that consistently finishes in the top half of the Championship or above. We have a 5 year plan for this, with this realistically being the start of year 2.

2. A sustainable club, ie. one that develops our own young players or brings in others to develop into first team players for us and then sell for large profits. This model already exists and will only get better in time as we see the likes of Tyler Goodrham and others go on to great things.

3. Owning and controlling our own stadium. Literally thousands of posts on this subject and if you can't see the very obvious progress that's been made then nothing I can say will change your mind.

4. Being a community club that meets the needs of everyone. First team, women's team, disabled teams, walking football, all age ranges. Huge work has been done in this area already and there are so many more plans to continually improve.

And we know that in Erick, Anindya and Horst we have people who have financed and built huge stadium projects. We know that in Tiger we have someone who despite the initial concerns has really taken this club to his heart and is passionate about this project. We know that some of the other names mentioned are a little more suspect but do have experience at being involved with some high profile clubs.

In addition, some of us know the calibre of those working on the stadium project who are exceptional at what they do. We know Karl Robinson, and for all his faults, we know of his passion for making Oxford United front and centre of everything good in out community. We know Niall McWilliams, and again, some of us know first hand just how much he is doing to ensure the future of the club is 100% protected through all these changes. We know that we have some excellent coaches within the club and our youth development is in incredibly good hands. And we know the types of players we are bringing into the club. Not only are they good players with the ability to succeed here and beyond, but they're also good people.

So we know a huge amount about those involved, their intentions, and what the future holds - and I'm not surprised that there is enthusiasm because things are beginning to look bloody good!!

Just wanted to mention the 'alternatives' mentioned in the Oxvox statement.

It's clear these multimillionaires (like most football club owners) see OUFC as a vehicle to invest and make money. As such, the ONLY conceivable reason they are here is that they can see OUFC as a viable option to do this - investing in property - just as FK did.

Any ideas of ploughing money into the club and continuing with a rental agreement at the Kassam is for the birds.

I suspect the 'alternatives' mentioned are either of the following, based on the long term goal of developing a brand new stadium/community/sports/retail complex in Oxfordshire.

1. Arrange a short-term extension to the Kassam, until the new stadium is built.
2. Arrange a ground-share until the new stadium is built.

If the investors could not make progress with their 'grand plan', I'm sure they would have buggered off a long time ago. The fact that the investors are all upping their investments/shareholding suggests that they know their grand plan is about to become a reality.

Town had already previously rented that field. A temporary stand like Gillingham's is just scaffolding so when flooded wouldn't be much of an issue.
Hang on a minute, what about our car boots that go on there……..

Their intentions are clear and have been quoted several times by posters including yourself.

1. A top 30 football club, ie. one that consistently finishes in the top half of the Championship or above. We have a 5 year plan for this, with this realistically being the start of year 2.

2. A sustainable club, ie. one that develops our own young players or brings in others to develop into first team players for us and then sell for large profits. This model already exists and will only get better in time as we see the likes of Tyler Goodrham and others go on to great things.

3. Owning and controlling our own stadium. Literally thousands of posts on this subject and if you can't see the very obvious progress that's been made then nothing I can say will change your mind.

4. Being a community club that meets the needs of everyone. First team, women's team, disabled teams, walking football, all age ranges. Huge work has been done in this area already and there are so many more plans to continually improve.

And we know that in Erick, Anindya and Horst we have people who have financed and built huge stadium projects. We know that in Tiger we have someone who despite the initial concerns has really taken this club to his heart and is passionate about this project. We know that some of the other names mentioned are a little more suspect but do have experience at being involved with some high profile clubs.

In addition, some of us know the calibre of those working on the stadium project who are exceptional at what they do. We know Karl Robinson, and for all his faults, we know of his passion for making Oxford United front and centre of everything good in out community. We know Niall McWilliams, and again, some of us know first hand just how much he is doing to ensure the future of the club is 100% protected through all these changes. We know that we have some excellent coaches within the club and our youth development is in incredibly good hands. And we know the types of players we are bringing into the club. Not only are they good players with the ability to succeed here and beyond, but they're also good people.

So we know a huge amount about those involved, their intentions, and what the future holds - and I'm not surprised that there is enthusiasm because things are beginning to look bloody good!!
Only one thing that I disagree with on there is no 1

Hang on a minute, what about our car boots that go on there……..
the sunday boot fairs are (definitely were) held in the car park behind the corner of North & East stand , sometimes, when there were loads of sellers, sellers would set up behind East stand and behind east stand end of North stand

that said, with the breeze block being a vaccination centre (except when home matches take place) are boot fairs taking place there currently?

Because Oxford is a small club.tragically bothered are to many locals who support the premiershit clubs hardly ever go as they can’t get tickets but can’t be arsed to get of their backsides and support their local team and without their support we will never be a top 30 team and witching 3- t years no chance.

the sunday boot fairs are (definitely were) held in the car park behind the corner of North & East stand , sometimes, when there were loads of sellers, sellers would set up behind East stand and behind east stand end of North stand

that said, with the breeze block being a vaccination centre (except when home matches take place) are boot fairs taking place there currently?
I’m on about Abingdon town @Sarge 😊

Forgive the stupidity if I’ve missed the memo here, what’s in it for the investors if the stadium is owned by Oxford United and not by them? How do they muster a return on their investment? Player sales and perhaps renting stadium space to franchises doesn’t seem particularly lucrative.

If they’re willing to ensure that the stadium and club are together, that’s superb. You only have to look at the likes of Derby and Sheffield Wednesday to see the issues that separating club and stadium can have. However, I’m struggling to see where they make their money back or return a yield from the whole enterprise that’s significant if they don’t possess any property to charge a rent from it.

I have no issue in wealthy people using the club to turn a profit. If they invest and we move forward and they get something from it, we all win. No qualms with that since they’re willing to front up the cash that many of us could only dream of. We know that the takeover is not a Jack Walker one of benevolence. It would be useful to know what the plan is from their perspective too.

Because Oxford is a small club.tragically bothered are to many locals who support the premiershit clubs hardly ever go as they can’t get tickets but can’t be arsed to get of their backsides and support their local team and without their support we will never be a top 30 team and witching 3- t years no chance.
I think a top 40 team like Luton is a very reasonable aspiration. It’s good to set ‘stretch goals’ like top 30 even if they arent quite met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom