General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is the key. I mean there have been thousands of reports of murders and violent assaults on Oxford fans, when the club play at home. I know so many people who would go and watch Oxford but tell me it is just so scary where the ground is!
Parked in Grenoble Road last week.... came out to find my side window (tinted so they couldn't see what was inside) had been put through and my (hidden)(!) rucksack had been nicked. A few hundred quids worth of kit to replace and £100 to the insurance to have a new window fitted. I was a bit fuckrd off to put it mildly. At least the little bastards didn't torch it!

Last edited:
CanterburyExile. Re: your statement below.

However there’s a LOT of ducks to line up and I don’t think we’ll hear anything formally until they are.”

May I ask, will that be before all the holes in the cheese line up….or after? Perhaps It's all just ham-fisted salami-slicing by the bean counters?

(N.B. No metaphors have been harmed nor mixed in the constructing of these and many other questions)
I suspect that it’ll be ducks first then cheese followed by hatching/not hatching chickens.

I personally want the announcement to be delivered through a series of clues in a National paper’s daily cryptic crossword puzzle. Or through the medium of interpretive dance.

I’m obviously not suggesting Kassam will be involved with our move away from Grenoble Road. I am however certainly suggesting that our owners/local leaders will have been in touch with him as if/when we leave the current stadium as it spells a substantial redevelopment opportunity.
It won't happen but imagine us moving out and the council telling FK that only leisure facilities will be allowed on the site. Shame.

I was at the fans forum where kassam himself said, "i took all the risks so I'm entitled to the profit from the Manor sale". 6m from memory
You are right. I was at that meeting and there was general uproar when he made that statement. £6m was the figure being bandied around at the time but it was eventually disclosed that Kassam sold the Manor Ground to The Acland Hospital for £9m.

I suspect that it’ll be ducks first then cheese followed by hatching/not hatching chickens.

I personally want the announcement to be delivered through a series of clues in a National paper’s daily cryptic crossword puzzle. Or through the medium of interpretive dance.
By the way Canterburyexile, I've been wondering what your avatar depicts for years. Is it a pile of minced meat?

The redevelopment bus has already been consigned to the scrapyard.
I think many fans are not that bothered what happens now as this saga has dragged on for far too long now with no updates/communication.

Feels like Groundhog Day or should I say, year, decade or century!

Last edited:
I think many fans are not that bothered what happens now as this saga has dragged on for far too late no with no update. Feels like Groundhog Day or should I say, year, decade or century!
It may have dragged on, but supporters not bothered if we get a brand new stadium or stay at the Kassam.for the next 20 years? Really?
I would be amazed if many fans aren't bothered

I’d only be concerned about the time taken to complete if it became clear that the club was in someway being damaged by the delays or uncertainty. That doesn’t appear to be the case, at least for the time being, so I think it’s just a case of putting it to the back of one’s mind until concrete news is released in the shape of the takeover and new stadium MEGA press release.

I’d only be concerned about the time taken to complete if it became clear that the club was in someway being damaged by the delays or uncertainty. That doesn’t appear to be the case, at least for the time being, so I think it’s just a case of putting it to the back of one’s mind until concrete news is released in the shape of the takeover and new stadium MEGA press release.
Yep although all they can say is they are exploring a new stadium not they have one ready to build

As long as the club’s still around that’s the main thing.

Most of us won’t be about by the time this saga is completed!
Worried about the club yes, but I want to see us in the championship and having a good go at it before i depart this earth also the 30 somethings who haven’t witnessed higher league football.

Worried about the club yes, but I want to see us in the championship and having a good go at it before i depart this earth also the 30 somethings who haven’t witnessed higher league football.
Can achieve that without the saga.

Of course it’ll be nicer in a shinny new stadium though, but have lost all enthusiasm to even worry about it now. Shame really as a few years ago there was a lot of enthusiasm etc.

Makes me realise how lucky I`ve been. :)

From Division 1 (Premier League) yes kids football actually existed before the trough of greed, to the Conference and several trips to the old & new Wembley.

Maybe we are going on another journey........................................... :ROFLMAO:

Aaaah yes...

Two hours watching John thaw and Kevin whateley slowly piece it all together... now that I'd watch!!!

People of my age only really remember league 1-2 and non league unfortunately a lot of those people also only know the kassam as our home we wasn’t old enough to remember the manor (I did go to a few games there ) bits it’s been abit doom and gloom supporting Oxford don’t get me wrong we’ve had more good days than bad in the last few years and a 3 trips to Wembley but yeah it would be nice to see us in the championship

People of my age only really remember league 1-2 and non league unfortunately a lot of those people also only know the kassam as our home we wasn’t old enough to remember the manor (I did go to a few games there ) bits it’s been abit doom and gloom supporting Oxford don’t get me wrong we’ve had more good days than bad in the last few years and a 3 trips to Wembley but yeah it would be nice to see us in the championship
Makes me realise how lucky I`ve been. :)

From Division 1 (Premier League) yes kids football actually existed before the trough of greed, to the Conference and several trips to the old & new Wembley.

Maybe we are going on another journey........................................... :ROFLMAO:
I’ve seen us in five divisions, I think only Luton, Carlisle, and Wimbledon fans (of the right age) can also claim that. We’ve got one of the better teams now and I’d say this is one of the most enjoyable periods.

I’ve seen us in five divisions, I think only Luton, Carlisle, and Wimbledon fans (of the right age) can also claim that. We’ve got one of the better teams now and I’d say this is one of the most enjoyable periods.
Same here...and I agree that right here and now is one of the better (and most stable) periods in our history!).

The free-fall to near extinction of the late 90's and grinding below average dross of the noughties that saw us fall out of the league (on perhaps one of my saddest OUFC experiences) felt like it would never end at times.

Apres pos of nothing in particular, my Dad (not from this area originally) did National Service in the 50's with the Oxon & Bucks regiment. He was based at Cowley Barracks and swears he remembers Headington Utd coming and asking for players if they were short/struggling with injuries. One of his platoon did play in goal for them, but he didin't know if it as a league, cup or friendly game....imagine that!

Notts County. They were in the top flight more recently than us (relegated the year before the Premier League was formed).

Stockport County fans may also be able to say that, they fell a hell of a long way at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom