General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots are based in Foxborough Mass but of course there are Boston Red Sox baseball team.
It is certainly physically very difficult to move between Uk and Thailand at present.
Lost the car at the Gillette Stadium once after a game. They have special hosts ready in cars to help you locate your own. Oh and keep the old English accent quiet if there is a Noraid rally going on in Boston, follow one of those pretty coloured history lines on the floor in the other direction.:ROFLMAO:

No, they meant after the next release of Microsoft Windows.
Nope all wrong, they meant, the journey we are on is going to take us through the square window, the circle window or the arched window. When the day actually arrives we will be invited to guess whether the round, square, or arched window would be chosen that day. (Anyone under the age of 40 Google it)

7.00 - alarm goes off (hi snooze)

7.10 - alarm goes off (wake up)

7.11 - go directly to Yellows Forum > OUFC Boardroom > Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours to see if there have been any further development.

7.13 - finish reading latest vehicle-based puns.

7.14 - cry myself back to sleep.

7.00 - alarm goes off (hi snooze)

7.10 - alarm goes off (wake up)

7.11 - go directly to Yellows Forum > OUFC Boardroom > Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours to see if there have been any further development.

7.13 - finish reading latest vehicle-based puns.

7.14 - cry myself back to sleep.
Don't get yourself in ESTATE.

Just go to the SALOON bar at the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for this to all blow over....

#waits patiently for self-appointed threadmods to turn up in their pedal car making woo-wooo noises#

I had to go back to Page 16 for this................

I'm not sure that anything is drastically wrong with regard to the takeover deal, but clearly it is taking longer to go through than I first thought. The covid situation in the far east may have had a greater baring than expected, but I don't know if that is the reason for the delay. As I've said before, the "big week of annoucements" ended as an absolute disaster and even I will accept that the PR from the club has been poor this summer.

I give plenty out when "right" and clearly got this massively wrong (and generally got less abuse than I was expecting!!)

However, I'm 100% certain that the takeover will go through and expect greater clarity from the board when it does. I still think that Tiger will play a role, and I'm personally happy with that. He cares a lot more than many expected, and generally he has been good for the club. His presence has been missed around the club, and unless Erick or others are expecting to be in the UK all the time (post covid), then I'd like to see Tiger still involved in some capacity. But as to the actual look of the new board, I have no idea.

As for the stadium, nothing has changed as far as I'm aware. I didn't expect any formal annoucement on the stadium at the time the takeover was expected, but I would expect it soon (before the end of the year) with a timeframe of completion ahead of the 2026/27 season at the latest. @Colin B may have a different view, but nothing I have heard suggests that there have been any changes to this happening, or the timeframes agreed.

Finally, I honestly don't think there is any concerns about Jack Stevens going or any further sales of key players. As mentioned elesewhere, I think Robinson's frustrations are more to do with players not coming in and some of the stupid wage demands that are coming. In all leagues there is a certain pecking order and you expect some teams to pay beyond the level that we would be willing to go. But some of the clubs are offering stupid wages which we are unwilling to match. Whether it was Sullay Kaikai or someone else, we were clearly close to bringing someone in before a higher bid derailed our chances and left Robinson pissed! I don't think this will stop us getting a decent left back and centre back, and would hope both are in this week. But this is the time of year when you have to decide when to go all in, and when to fold and hope for a better hand next time around.

So in answer to your question, I think things are good-ish. Communication and some key decisions around the club have been handled badly, and we should have learnt from previous mistakes. However, I don't think we are far away from recovering some of this ground. A couple of really positive signings, the formal announcement of the takeover and clear plans for the future, something, anything to back up the stadium situation, a different and exciting 2nd/3rd kit, and a really positive winning start to the season and everything suddenly looks much better.

Here's hoping!

Takeover - is kind of done on paper.
Stadium - that's a bit of a miss.
Signings - yep.
Kit - yep.
Winning - yep.

3.5/5.

I had to go back to Page 16 for this................

Takeover - is kind of done on paper.
Stadium - that's a bit of a miss.
Signings - yep.
Kit - yep.
Winning - yep.

3.5/5.
I don't think anyone here will allow you that .5 for "kind of done on paper".

3/5 it remains.

Be patient.................. it can happen outside the window.
The third generation of Bakrie`s has just been given his part of the business to look after.

Despite what was said ( in a radio Oxford interview) the transfer window closed last night, yet there's not been a fanfare, or official announcement regarding the takeover or reshuffle of major shareholders on the board. Yet.

Karl did mention them all yesterday in his interview though that they were all going to bed 😜 (not that way) so Brannagan wasn't going anywhere. So if they haven't took over already they are clearly making the decisions as a group with Tiger.

Karl did mention them all yesterday in his interview though that they were all going to bed 😜 (not that way) so Brannagan wasn't going anywhere. So if they haven't took over already they are clearly making the decisions as a group with Tiger.
all so well and good, and I agree that this transfer window does allude to the new regime being already in place @OX14 ..... that said, when a potentially major(?) shareholder and (new) board member publically proclaims that the official announcement will be made within a specific time frame, I think its a bit poor that said potentially major (?) shareholder and board member, appears now to not be a man of his word

all so well and good, and I agree that this transfer window does allude to the new regime being already in place @OX14 ..... that said, when a potentially major(?) shareholder and (new) board member publically proclaims that the official announcement will be made within a specific time frame, I think its a bit poor that said potentially major (?) shareholder and board member, appears now to not be a man of his word
Did he say it would be Sarge?
From memory I thought they suggested that they hoped / were aiming for completion by the deadline day.
Not sure that means anybody breaking their word?

Did he say it would be Sarge?
From memory I thought they suggested that they hoped / were aiming for completion by the deadline day.
Not sure that means anybody breaking their word?
fair comment @Foley ..... it was implied that an announcement (re the 'new' board) would be made by/ before the transfer window closing was being aimed for.... with the takeover/ new board being officially announced, , dragging on, and on , and on, Im probably getting more than a bit impatient now....( its fairly obvious by the transfer window that it's all pretty much in place- so what IS the hold up with making it all official? )

fair comment @Foley ..... it was implied that an announcement (re the 'new' board) would be made by/ before the transfer window closing was being aimed for.... with the takeover/ new board being officially announced, , dragging on, and on , and on, Im probably getting more than a bit impatient now....( its fairly obvious by the transfer window that it's all pretty much in place- so what IS the hold up with making it all official? )

Them being able to come over to the training ground and do a proper announcement with the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom