General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the acquisition that has, kind of, already happened? @MarkG we need a clever person who knows this stuff please explain to us simple folk!

Is it the start of a journey?

Will it be hidden in a murky world of offshore companies?

Can he play the piano?
I've just had another look at the company profile for the holding company and there have been no more changes to the shareholdings since I last looked at the start of June.

So still Tiger with the largest holding of 26.59% and Bakrie and Thohir with 16.52% each.

To get to 25.5% each as mentioned in the Oxford Mail for Bakrie and Thohir would only need them to buy 18% of Tiger's holding leaving him with 9%?

Or the company issues say another £2.3M in shares to both AB and ET which would also give them control whilst diluting the other shareholders.

I think you’ve answered your own question there.
Well, the deal still has to be good enough for Tiger, to be fair.

If I offered you a quid for your car, and you rejected it, I can hardly suggest it's exclusively you that's holding up the deal.

It's just for us the fans, that because we're desperate to move on from this, that we're pressuring a deal to be concluded, without knowing the offers.

Well, the deal still has to be good enough for Tiger, to be fair.

If I offered you a quid for your car, and you rejected it, I can hardly suggest it's exclusively you that's holding up the deal.

It's just for us the fans, that because we're desperate to move on from this, that we're pressuring a deal to be concluded, without knowing the offers.
The cockfighting rages on.

No we have news that Bakrie and Thohir wish to take full control from Tiger, we knew that in March.. until the club comes out and announces the takeover has completed, Tiger is still the majority share holder and chairman.
Exactly. We dont know why, when, whats taken so long, intentions, Tigers role etc.

Well, having listened to a very carefully scripted speech which gives me no real information but a bit more hope that something good is going to happen. I also read all comments here and both groups are doing fine. Pessimism is a good thing if used with an open mind that things may get better. And the positive group must also keep in the back of their mind that the hopes expressed could go tits up in the future.
I also have my own little theory about Mr. Kassam that I have built over the last year or so. I think he has always looked down on our previous owners because he has built a larger empire than all of them. Now he is confronted with real big boys in the business world and looks up to them. Perhaps that, in a small way, has improved the relationshipwith the club of late.
One more point.
I do not want that Portuguese show boy anywhere near our club.

May i recommend that anyone who is concerned listen to part 2 on Monday of How to look and sound a Tit in both Business and as a person

The way I think of it is this, a rich man buys a scabby run down pub in a lovely location. It's in his best interests to develop it into a gastro-pub so that it can compete with rival pubs in the local area. It will cost a lot up front but the long term gains will far outweigh the investment.
Oh but lots of people don't like gastropubs. They want it to stay down to earth and with only peanuts and crisps

Well, having listened to a very carefully scripted speech which gives me no real information but a bit more hope that something good is going to happen. I also read all comments here and both groups are doing fine. Pessimism is a good thing if used with an open mind that things may get better. And the positive group must also keep in the back of their mind that the hopes expressed could go tits up in the future.
I also have my own little theory about Mr. Kassam that I have built over the last year or so. I think he has always looked down on our previous owners because he has built a larger empire than all of them. Now he is confronted with real big boys in the business world and looks up to them. Perhaps that, in a small way, has improved the relationshipwith the club of late.
One more point.
😂 I don’t think there is any worry of that.

One more point.
...though to employ the dark arts better, perhaps a Portuguese man of war might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom