General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if this takeover hasn't completed by January we can put to bed it's the efl holding it up. I know the efl are slow but it wouldn't take them over 3 months to look into a takeover considering Bakrie, Thohir already are board members. I would say they are waiting on assurances from the councils involved that this land they have found will be allowed to build a stadium on no matter what objections they will get from locals.. Could be in for a long bumpy ride !

Wish it was that simple.

There is absolutely ZERO chance that we are buying the Kassam. Why are people still peddling this!? It makes absolutely zero business, or footballing sense. It’s landlocked, a nightmare to get to (even with the suggested improvements) and the whole development, is quite frankly, a s**t hole. These boys won’t be interested in giving the Kassam a facelift. They have enough money between them, to build 10 stadiums.
And the rest

There is absolutely ZERO chance that we are buying the Kassam. Why are people still peddling this!? It makes absolutely zero business, or footballing sense. It’s landlocked, a nightmare to get to (even with the suggested improvements) and the whole development, is quite frankly, a s**t hole. These boys won’t be interested in giving the Kassam a facelift. They have enough money between them, to build 10 stadiums, 10 times over.

Because we aren`t hearing anything concrete about anything else?
Nothing to stop them knocking it down and redeveloping the whole site much like Spurs did.
Fewer problems and hold ups with planning, NIMBY`s and the like.

Anyway, it's looking like I`ll be qualifying for an "Old Crustys" ticket by the time we move. :)

Imagine going to a quiz where the right answer was based on how many people said it rather than whether it was actually correct?!

That's the way this thread feels at times!!

A handful (who have been labelled all sorts of things) have spoken on here about future plans and how everything is fine. Bakrie spoke only a couple of weeks ago about the plans for the club and the stadium. Tiger via OxVox has said that the takeover is still going through but everything is fine.

So you would think everything is fine? But instead we get pages of people with no idea, encouraging others with no idea, talking of remaining at the Kassam, problems with the takeover or the deal collapsing if a land deal can't be sorted.

And when a couple of the aforementioned posters try to counter this we are "challenged" at one end of the scale or told to "answer questions or f**k off" at the other.

So before the usual jump on the "oh, he's back" bullshit, I'll leave some of you to wallow in your own misery. But for those who are genuinely interested, everything is going as completely as expected and nothing is holding back plans for our club on or off the pitch. But what do I know?!

Because we aren`t hearing anything concrete about anything else?
Nothing to stop them knocking it down and redeveloping the whole site much like Spurs did.
Fewer problems and hold ups with planning, NIMBY`s and the like.

Anyway, it's looking like I`ll be qualifying for an "Old Crustys" ticket by the time we move. :)
Ha ha

The maddest thing about this is that people were crying out for information, a couple of weeks back you get an interview with one of the two main men saying everything is going fine and that we are looking to move. After two weeks people are panicking that it hasn’t happened yet and directly going against what they heard with their own ears and claiming that we are staying at the Kassam.

I have asked this before on here but, how the f**k do some of you get through life?

The maddest thing about this is that people were crying out for information, a couple of weeks back you get an interview with one of the two main men saying everything is going fine and that we are looking to move. After two weeks people are panicking that it hasn’t happened yet and directly going against what they heard with their own ears and claiming that we are staying at the Kassam.

I have asked this before on here but, how the f**k do some of you get through life?

We know "everything is fine", what we don`t know is what "everything" is, but our club is in the mix.

We old and cynical folk have been offered the moon on a stick before by "money men" and it's not panned out very well, so forgive us our cynicism.

Yes, I understand it is complex but, despite the recent interview, we know as much as when this thread started.

They appear to have "forgotten" that we, those supporters/customers, matter and without us there is nothing.

Bakrie missed a trick with that interview. He could have just changed his tie a few times and then they could have sliced the interview up into different parts and released one every couple of weeks.

I'm sure it would fool a few people.

Imagine going to a quiz where the right answer was based on how many people said it rather than whether it was actually correct?!

A handful (who have been labelled all sorts of things) have spoken on here about future plans and how everything is fine. Bakrie spoke only a couple of weeks ago about the plans for the club and the stadium. Tiger via OxVox has said that the takeover is still going through but everything is fine.

So you would think everything is fine? But instead we get pages of people with no idea, encouraging others with no idea, talking of remaining at the Kassam, problems with the takeover or the deal collapsing if a land deal can't be sorted.

And when a couple of the aforementioned posters try to counter this we are "challenged" at one end of the scale or told to "answer questions or f**k off" at the other.

So before the usual jump on the "oh, he's back" bullshit, I'll leave some of you to wallow in your own misery. But for those who are genuinely interested, everything is going as completely as expected and nothing is holding back plans for our club on or off the pitch. But what do I know?!
Oh he’s back

On a serious note, after Bakrie’s interview people were optimistic in general, it’s just the length of time this is taking that causes impatience.
But some posters do have a point knowing how hard it is to get land to build a stadium and the history of the council backing OUFC that they may feel uneasy.
The point I made was that if the land deal falls through is there a backup plan ?

Obviously we’re not that important Ipswich take over and ratification done in less time than what Mr Bakrie and co have been trying to do. But us peasants as some think we are not privileged enough to be privy to important matters, some on here want to get on there knee directly in front of them and bow or do something pleasurable, but others would just like to know and when we question or ask individuals start giving it the high almighty and come back with confidentiality which to be I’m honest is B*****s as information has already been passed. So much for confidentiality.

Obviously we’re not that important Ipswich take over and ratification done in less time than what Mr Bakrie and co have been trying to do. But us peasants as some think we are not privileged enough to be privy to important matters, some on here want to get on there knee directly in front of them and bow or do something pleasurable, but others would just like to know and when we question or ask individuals start giving it the high almighty and come back with confidentiality which to be I’m honest is B*****s as information has already been passed. So much for confidentiality.

Some conversations are best left to the adults.

And yet you wouldn't elaborate on your comments about OUSP. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.....

So... are we staying at the Kassam or not....?

And yet you wouldn't elaborate on your comments about OUSP. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.....
Do me a favour I mentioned that regarding another issue these comments have been coming for some time and today a genuine question about why Ipswich for there business done in less time than us and why ours is taking longer, that was a genuine question.

Do me a favour I mentioned that regarding another issue these comments have been coming for some time and today a genuine question about why Ipswich for there business done in less time than us and why ours is taking longer, that was a genuine question.

You can't demand answers from others while not giving answers yourself. Anyway, I'm out as this has been done to death and they have already answered your questions as best they can with confidentiality (which isn't bullshit as been explained numerous times).

Simply question as you appear to have all the information. On what date did Ipswich submit their application to the efl? And on what date did Oxford do the same?

Because without that you have absolutely no idea whether one is taking any longer than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom