General Club Accounts Published

NC2U

Club accounts published.

Club accounts published.
No doubt opponents of Stratfield Brake will be all over the accounts (to June 2021) like a rash .....cherry picking 'stats' and figures out to suit their agenda

The loss can be used the other way as a reason for the development to support the long term financing of the club. The club will be ready for this as it isn't a surprise.
Wont deter kdw & co from manipulating the information....especially what they spout to Kidlington area residents

I'm feeling so pleased and proud with the level transparency delivered by our impressive owners.

Thank you for looking after our club

We have to look at these accounts in the exceptional circumstances in which they occurred. Oxford United's predominant revenue stream (aside from handouts from the board) is ticket sales. Turn that off as we had to during COVID and of course a big loss was going to hit the books. It would have taken a colossal shift of merchandise or a huge fee received for a player to turn this around.

I thought this line was interesting: 'We also in the year managed to pay off all third-party loans excluding shareholders'. I assume that this services some of our debt and should reduce future interest repayments. A football club can operate with debt as long as you can keep up with interest repayments, so good to keep these at bay.

Overall, I still think we're being well run and good of us to disclose the figures. If you want some context for how others spend, the Price of Football revealed on Monday that a third of all the combined losses in League 2 came from one club - Salford City.

Wont deter kdw & co from manipulating the information....especially what they spout to Kidlington area residents

But it will put to bed the morons saying our owners don't have any money.😜

Of course not. They'll just use the loss figure as proof of our inability to finance the stadium.

"Excluding Shareholder Loans" so yes these folk have propped the club up but what is the cost of these Loans anybody know?

My take, for what it is worth...

The Profit and Loss Reserve over the five year period decreased by £ 8,007,682
2016 at £(13,225,060)
2021 at £(21,232,742)

During this time we have see many ups and downs (within the club's control)

2015-16 finished 2nd in division two

21 February 2018 - Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth appointed

14 November 2019 - Oxford Utd took over the lease for the Training Ground which is now a wonderful community asset

2019-20 quarter final run in the League Cup

Three league one playoff seasons (hopefully)

a definite increase in squad strength and depth

Also... (not within the club's control)

Coronavirus - destroyed almost an entire year's worth of match day ticket revenue, sponsorship and shirt sales

and Uncle Firoz' Rent at £1m p.a (not to mention not having access to selling pies and teas!)

In Summary..

I actually think it's fantastic going! And I believe the underlying figures clearly illustrate that.

I'm convinced that a future away from the Kassam Stadium will unlock a hugely positive future the club and county!

My take, for what it is worth...

The Profit and Loss Reserve over the five year period decreased by £ 8,007,682
2016 at £(13,225,060)
2021 at £(21,232,742)

During this time we have see many ups and downs (within the club's control)

2015-16 finished 2nd in division two

21 February 2018 - Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth appointed

14 November 2019 - Oxford Utd took over the lease for the Training Ground which is now a wonderful community asset

2019-20 quarter final run in the League Cup

Three league one playoff seasons (hopefully)

a definite increase in squad strength and depth

Also... (not within the club's control)

Coronavirus - destroyed almost an entire year's worth of match day ticket revenue, sponsorship and shirt sales

and Uncle Firoz' Rent at £1m p.a (not to mention not having access to selling pies and teas!)

In Summary..

I actually think it's fantastic going! And I believe the underlying figures clearly illustrate that.

I'm convinced that a future away from the Kassam Stadium will unlock a hugely positive future the club and county!
indeed it will

"Excluding Shareholder Loans" so yes these folk have propped the club up but what is the cost of these Loans anybody know?
I think they're usually interest-free loans that wouldn't have to be paid back until after the shareholder leaves the club.

Back
Top Bottom