General Club Rebuild

Steve Gilbert

Now that we are safe it is time to turn to what the club needs to do to rebuild.

Academy:
This seems settled and in good hands under SK who has a clear vision of what he thinks needs to happen and we recruit players.

The women’s team:
Again this is an area where I think it is in good hand under LG and they could get promoted next weekend. Also good to see they seem to now have girls coming through from younger ages.

Marketing:
This is a major issue and has been for a good while now. We have a new commercial guy and it is time to see what he brings to the table. Regular adverts for games, get the season tickets rolled out ASAP now we know what league we are in. There is no need to delay this. Also jump on the feel good factor of us staying up now rather than wait.
The season ticket package this season is a big one to have the s**t show of last seasons offering.
The new kit was signed off in October, again this should be able to release pretty soon. IMO the team should be wearing the new kit in next weeks game and let fans see it first hand.

Fan engagement:

This is massive if the club want to reconnect the fans and the club back together. Social media is the clubs biggest tool now a days to engage with fans but ours is terrible. I would get rid of our SLO as I still don’t actually see what he adds what so ever and bring in someone with fresh ideas who will be able to have a relaxed communication with fans through social media.
Get some sort of family open day in the summer at the training ground and make a big thing of it. If we go abroad in pre season then make it easy for fans to go over and attend like Austria was.
There are so many fans just on this forum with great ideas of what the club can do more of. These fans need to be listened to and utilised.

The team:
This is another big rebuild and a good few players need to be shipped out on loan or let go and let Manning bring his own team in. If fans can see progress being made throughout the summer I think people will be a lot more patient at the start of the season if it takes a few games for the team to fully click. If it isn’t done right then the pitch forks will be out very quickly.

Overall, brilliant that we are staying up but my word this summer is massive if the club really do have ambitions of working towards being a top 30 club.

You missed the big one...

The stadium:
Without this everything else is meaningless.
I left this off on purpose due to there already being a thread and it isn’t going to impact so much on the club rebuild at this stage.

More video content, I would for one pay £5 a month for exclusive content but what’s on offer is crap and that included the lack of videos from the pre season training.
I agree our video content is poor. Same old interviews and the preview show which I do actually quite like.
Look at the videos they did when players joined and the feedback they got from just doing that.

I’d also say they need to do more on Tik Tok as this in the new thing.

Either keep up with the trends or get left behind and suffer and for us it seems the latter right now.

Will the finances need rebuilding after a few years of big losses? When told the losses are fully funded by the owners, what does that actually mean?

I think it’s imperative that we have an open day. Held at the training ground sometime late July early August, aimed at getting families along. Meet and greet the players, kids having a kick about with their heroes. No better way of reconnecting the fans with the club.

It's a big test for Manning this summer with recruitment. He is plainly a very good coach but him and Sweeting recruited very poorly last summer for MK Dons (in hindsight, I was impressed initially).

To get the club where it needs to be, we have to sack off Tim and Grant. No it's. No buts. They have displayed such a staggering lack of leadership at the time we needed it most.

Bring in an experienced football operator (Mark Devlin from Orient or the like) and be really aggressive in the window.

I'm excited.

It's a big test for Manning this summer with recruitment. He is plainly a very good coach but him and Sweeting recruited very poorly last summer for MK Dons (in hindsight, I was impressed initially).

To get the club where it needs to be, we have to sack off Tim and Grant. No it's. No buts. They have displayed such a staggering lack of leadership at the time we needed it most.

Bring in an experienced football operator (Mark Devlin from Orient or the like) and be really aggressive in the window.

I'm excited.
How about head hunting the head of recruitment at Shrewsbury? That would surely have you frothing at the mouth more than a KFC?

Like, the new White Lotus set at the Firoz' Hilton?!

You can say what you like about the club-owners (you can't, actually) but they have an eye for the main chance.

Back
Top Bottom