General Vanessa Gomm Becomes Club Secretary

As the club statement says, and before anyone thinks there's something untoward about it, this was 100% Mick's idea. He's retirement age and has wanted to slow down for a while now.

In Vanessa I think we have got a very able successor. It is true what she says about Mick's standing among other club secretaries, I've been in boardrooms up and down the country, and they all know Mick. I know some will always hold the Orient game against him, but that was Kassam's doing and he had to follow instructions.

Thanks Mick, you have been an unsung hero.

Edit: I think, to have survived so many dodgy Chairmen over the years, he must have some very incriminating photos locked away somewhere!!! ;)

Last edited:
As the club statement says, and before anyone thinks there's something untoward about it, this was 100% Mick's idea. He's retirement age and has wanted to slow down for a while now.

In Vanessa I think we have got a very able successor. It is true what she says about Mick's standing among other club secretaries, I've been in boardrooms up and down the country, and they all know Mick. I know some will always hold the Orient game against him, but that was Kassam's doing and he had to follow instructions.

Thanks Mick, you have been an unsung hero.
what @Colin B said ... thanks for all you've done, and will continue to do for OUFC Mick

Last edited:
Does she know how to use a fax machine?

In all seriousness, Mick deserves a well earned rest. I used to knock about with his son Jamie and they are lovely family. He is certainly one of our unsung heroes.

It is clear that he is respected in football and has no doubt had to cope with some seriously difficult times. He has always come across as a decent guy whenever I have has dealings with him.

Maybe he could write a book and dish the dirt! Maxwell, Kassam, Cox ( and Biomass) Eales, Herd. There wouod be some material there.

Mick is one of the nicest guys I’ve met. He used to live near me when he was in Fleet. He was always a good laugh and has given Sterling service to the club. There can’t be many servants of his stature across the footballing world.
I wish him the very best as he steps down from his role
I am sure he is staying on to help his new successor settle well into her new role

Back
Top Bottom