Chairman Clauses for Bristol City

I'd worry that Manning will tap up McGuane to demand a transfer in the summer. There's not much we could do about that though as it's already not allowed.

Bristol City already have a plethora of goalkeepers. Max O'Leary is now the established #1 and on the fringes of the RoI squad. I can't see Brighton wanting to send Beadle there to warm the bench.
Do you know how ball-playing he is, and clearly manning already had a good relationship with Beadle, and I can’t see him being petty enough to take him from us just for fun

I'm struggling to see how to entity A (us) can agree with entity B (Brizzle) to restrict the employment opportunities of entity C (a player) outside of the terms of a contract entity A has with entity C.
I think the restriction would more be entity B can't use confidential contract information about entity C that entity D (LM) gained whilst in employment with entity A.

Brighton possibly recalling Beadle in January then sending him on loan to Bristol City. That would be a massive blow for us.
I think as a club we have a better relationship with Brighton than for them to do that. However, if Manning approaches Brighton for him and Brighton think such a move to a Championship club in January would be of more benefit to his development than staying with us, I wouldn't rule it out. I would think Brighton would think long and hard about doing it though as they would know how much it would P**s us off. I'm quite expecting Manning to try it on though. What we have come to know about him in the last few days is that he's totally self serving and doesn't give a s**t about anything or anyone else if it or they get in the way of him climbing up the football management greasy pole. But as mentioned above, Bristol City are not short of good keepers so fingers crossed he'll be staying with us.

I'd worry that Manning will tap up McGuane to demand a transfer in the summer. There's not much we could do about that though as it's already not allowed.
We've got an option for another year so I'd hope we wouldn't be taken for a ride. I don't think the board would be inclined to give him much in the way of discount either.

On Beadle - I think it will just come down to whether Manning thinks he's better than Max O'Leary or not. If he does, then we could be in trouble.

Though if Bristol City come raiding for our players in the summer......well, it's just going to be like most summers, isn't it? O'Dowda, Atkinson, Sykes........

You don’t know who he has personally messaged though.

Obviously not, the fucker took me off the group chat, that was the harshest blow to take.

He is obviously a shithead so I don’t doubt if he wants one of our players he will do something underhand, but no point stressing to much about it, he could be sacked, hit by a bus or something else between now and January.

Also a chance that we would negotiate a lower compensation figure than the buy-out and add clauses that way.

Brighton possibly recalling Beadle in January then sending him on loan to Bristol City. That would be a massive blow for us.
Bristol City may have a couple of very good keepers.
They may also have the maximum number of loaneres.
Whist Beadle is very good, the goalkeeper position needs to be a priority for Manning , Brighton and Beadle would have to agree.

I think as a club we have a better relationship with Brighton than for them to do that. However, if Manning approaches Brighton for him and Brighton think such a move to a Championship club in January would be of more benefit to his development than staying with us, I wouldn't rule it out. I would think Brighton would think long and hard about doing it though as they would know how much it would P**s us off. I'm quite expecting Manning to try it on though. What we have come to know about him in the last few days is that he's totally self serving and doesn't give a s**t about anything or anyone else if it or they get in the way of him climbing up the football management greasy pole. But as mentioned above, Bristol City are not short of good keepers so fingers crossed he'll be staying with us.
Honestly I'm not sure that would bother them that much. It's frustrating and a little humiliating, but if Evan Ferguson mark II is available on loan next summer, regardless of how they may have acted regarding Beadle in this coming January, I don't think we'd be in a position to sulkily turn him down (and neither would I want us to - it would be cutting off our nose to spite our face). They hold all the cards and they'll do what they feel is best for their player, not what's best for our promotion tilt.

The concern for the loan players is that, while I think they're all on year-long loans, those loans can presumably all be terminated in January. And, while normally a team going well in the league with all those players featuring regularly would probably be able to hang onto all those players, we don't know how much of the appeal of OUFC for the players and their parent clubs was Liam Manning. Beadle certainly won't be short of suitors, and was presumably loaned to us on the basis that Manning would be playing a possession-heavy style that would allow him to develop his passing game. If we fail to bring in someone who Brighton can see as a continuity candidate to continue developing the style of play in Beadle that they want, you can easily see them thinking his development would be better served elsewhere. Same for Stevens, Perkins and Mills (Edwards I think we're probably safe, as Ipswich likely don't see him as a development player).

I'm really trying to get over it but it is infuriating just how much Manning has fucked us over.

That's pretty much what I've heard except I'm not sure the compensation is that much higher than a years salary.

Depends how much a year's salary Is for a manager these days ?

I would imagine most of our players are pretty pi$$ed off with Manning and Hogg, the way he jus dropped the club at the first bit of interest, bristol city are a nothing club and the only incentive would be monetary, that's all.

Like Groucho Marx said when asked about the sanity clause he replied "There ain't no sanity clause."Well Christmas is coming then the transfer window.I fully expect regrettably a certain someone to be slithering back to constrict some of our undoubted talent.Hopefully if we are still in the. top two the targeted players may think twice before electing to join a mid table champs club and find the prospect of success with United a more attractive proposition.

Back
Top Bottom