Carabao Cup - Manchester City (H) SOLD OUT

Thankfully being a seasonal ticket holder I will be fine, but my manc mate who sits by me and also a season ticket man will be in Spain, talk about being pissed off, I shall have great fun winding him up from now until the game.

So Manchester City's team in the 3rd round of last year's competition was the following:

Bravo
Danilo
Stones
Mangala
Delph
Bernardo Silva
Yaya Toure
Gundogen (Walker)
Gabriel Jesus
Sterling
Sane (Fernandinho)

In fact at no point in the competition, did he "play the kids". Guardiola seems to treat the cup games the same way we've been treating them so far....a chance to rest a few of his best players, but otherwise what you might look at as a 1b team.

I'd be certain that we'll see Foden in action; otherwise it'll be a selection of the first team squad players that haven't been starting regularly in the league. So the likes of Mahrez, Sane, Delph etc. etc. In other words, it'll be the best team we've played in a competitive game for a couple of decades (since Arsenal @ Highbury?) and we'll be lucky to avoid a pasting. Should be a lot of fun though!

And I reckon we'll be the second game chosen. They've got the heavyweight Liverpool - Chelsea tie; after that, I reckon they'll be wanting to go to the home of an underdog. Although obviously Man U - Derby is the concern given the Mourinho narrative.......

...but the team City picked for Wigan away in the FA Cup:

Bravo

Danilo
Stones
Laporte
Delph

Gundogan
Fernandinho
David Silva
Bernardo Silva

Sane
Agüero

Subs:

De Bruyne
Walker
Zinchenko
Kompany
Diaz
Ederson
Foden

So Manchester City's team in the 3rd round of last year's competition was the following:

Bravo
Danilo
Stones
Mangala
Delph
Bernardo Silva
Yaya Toure
Gundogen (Walker)
Gabriel Jesus
Sterling
Sane (Fernandinho)

In fact at no point in the competition, did he "play the kids". Guardiola seems to treat the cup games the same way we've been treating them so far....a chance to rest a few of his best players, but otherwise what you might look at as a 1b team.

I'd be certain that we'll see Foden in action; otherwise it'll be a selection of the first team squad players that haven't been starting regularly in the league. So the likes of Mahrez, Sane, Delph etc. etc. In other words, it'll be the best team we've played in a competitive game for a couple of decades (since Arsenal @ Highbury?) and we'll be lucky to avoid a pasting. Should be a lot of fun though!

And I reckon we'll be the second game chosen. They've got the heavyweight Liverpool - Chelsea tie; after that, I reckon they'll be wanting to go to the home of an underdog. Although obviously Man U - Derby is the concern given the Mourinho narrative.......

Arsenal had some very good players out when we played them at Highbury (Bergkamp the standout) but also some players that would be no where the City team/players mentioned above. I would pick the City team that got 100 points over any Wenger team anyway, squad depth wise they are a level above.

It won’t be a weak team at the stadio wind tunnel, so we had better put some defending practice in sharpish.

I do like the idea of giving vouchers out to ticket purchasers at the next home game in order to buy a manc ticket. Come on Oxford marketing... milk it ( well it is the Milk cup)

Only 4-1!
The worst one I went to was at Maine Road when we were winning, then Morley got 2 in the last minute.

Was that when Paul Simpson scored for us?

Remember a Police horse at the top of a slope had a P**s which went on forever, causing a rush for Oxford fans to get out of the way of the tidal wave after the game. The copper was killing himself laughing.

I wear mine every time I go to McDonalds. It’s like a family reunion
f399b1611a2f57ff011bcb892d71dac1.jpg

Another little Oxford Utd/Man City link thought. I remember being on holiday in Fuerteventura when I found out Horton had got the City managers job. I was totally gobsmacked, and not sorry to see him go. It was only in retrospect that I realised what a good job he did for us under difficult circumstances. Probably another case, as with Wilder, of a decent managers achievements being tarnished by hanging around a little too long, if that makes sense..?

My first ever game was against city at the manor in about 96. We got battered 5-1 I think and georgi kinkladze was unplayable.
I remember that. Was so pissed off got on wrong train and didn’t realise till I got to London (was supposed to be Bournemouth)

Back
Top Bottom