Carabao Cup - Manchester City (H) SOLD OUT

So are you saying that everyone who doesn't have a ST is a plastic?

I think he's suggesting that someone buying a membership with the expressed purpose of seeing one singular high-profile game could qualify for plastic status.

However, I can see you've been on this forum since January, and post occasionally, so it's not like you don't have any pre-existing loyalties.

Regardless of any of this, if any first time fans go to that game and they enjoy the experience, and want to come more times in the season, that can only be a good thing.

Not at all. I just presumed you just wanted to watch City’s “stars” rather than Oxford United
No don't give a f**k about City's 'stars' I've been watching football since the late 70s I've seen bigger players than them.

I think he's suggesting that someone buying a membership with the expressed purpose of seeing one singular high-profile game could qualify for plastic status.

However, I can see you've been on this forum since January, and post occasionally, so it's not like you don't have any pre-existing loyalties.

Regardless of any of this, if any first time fans go to that game and they enjoy the experience, and want to come more times in the season, that can only be a good thing.
Ooh have I passed your test? I've been posting on here for a lot longer than that (I had to change my forum name when it changed platfotrms) and have been following Oxford home and away since the early 1980s. You sound very condescending, is this intentional?

Ooh have I passed your test? I've been posting on here for a lot longer than that (I had to change my forum name when it changed platfotrms) and have been following Oxford home and away since the early 1980s

Don’t bite buddy, I’ve seen that you are near enough and apologised accordingly, I’m sure that the above wasn’t a dig at you personally

Ooh have I passed your test? I've been posting on here for a lot longer than that (I had to change my forum name when it changed platfotrms) and have been following Oxford home and away since the early 1980s

It's not my test. I'm far less of a fan than you by any of these standards (probably won't get to a single game this season)

If anything I was defending you. Saying you've been on this forum since January (around about when it started, suggesting that you'd been on the previous platform too), and that it's not like you're only being a fan for one game in particular. Which it could have sounded like on the surface.

It is embarrassing that we have to try to put our fans in some stupid tier system and judge anyone who we somehow decide is a lesser fan.

It's only embarrassing if you're a lesser fan of course.

35 years ago as a 10 year old, I was taken to my first Oxford game v Newcastle in the 2nd round of the League Cup. My dad worked most Saturdays so I was limited with midweek games initially. I don't know if we went because it was Newcastle, because Keegan was playing or what, and it didn't matter. I then went to the Leeds game, Man Utd twice and Everton, and have gone to a few thousand games since. Were we plastics? Was I a glory hunter? Who cares! We are all fans and we should hope that everyone who goes to the Man City game comes back time and again. Calling them plastics or giving them shite because they leave a few minutes early, or don't know the songs, or don't want someone standing in front of their kids etc is just pathetic.

We've got some real muppets for 'fans'. Clubs our size need bums on seats - this game provides that chance. It may also generate thousands in memberships from people looking to make sure they get second option on tickets, and of those who attend if even a hundred of them turn into semi-regular attendees then that's great. It's important for kids to see Oxford playing teams like Man City - it puts stars in their eyes and makes them think of us as a proper, viable option of team to start supporting.

Next time anyone moans about not having enough players, I hope they have enough about them to look back at draws like this and go, "Actually without that game we'd probably have even less than we have now." Or perhaps it's too much to ask for a bit of common sense.

Basically, I think a few people could do with being less concerned with the 'legitimacy' of those attending. It really doesn't matter.

Pack them in.
I really do not care one bit if someone buys a membership solely for this game.
Money is being generated for this club and right now, we could do with every last penny.
We have to make the very best of what revenue there is and this cup match is a real shot in the arm for us at this time.
Forget how we get the money or from who... just f*****g get it into the club.

Back
Top Bottom