League Cup Carabao cup 3rd round - West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supply and demand of course, but would like to have seen some sort of concession for those of us who attended both previous games. Also, £39.00 a time in the lounge is a lot to find on top of the cost of getting to the ground, food etc.
I would expect at the very least, to have seats reserved for season ticket holders. Also, if this were a league match, members would get a discount on that price of £39.00 reducing to £36.00.
Let's hope that all those attending just because it's West Ham actually think it might be worth coming to a few league games as well.

Is there any suggestion that they won't be?

Can't as West Ham get a share of the gate receipts.
And I'd also like the club to make some money. I'm a ST holder and don't have any issue with paying for this as well. I don't want us to do a Bury and so chucking away c.£80k (4000 ST tickets @£20) would be a poor choice. £40k in reality given West Ham's take but it's still £40k which should mean the lawnmowers can be bought back from the pawnbrokers ;)

Obviously WHU will give us all the gate receipts as they are a benevolent aspiring top six club ?

Supply and demand of course, but would like to have seen some sort of concession for those of us who attended both previous games. Also, £39.00 a time in the lounge is a lot to find on top of the cost of getting to the ground, food etc.
I would expect at the very least, to have seats reserved for season ticket holders. Also, if this were a league match, members would get a discount on that price of £39.00 reducing to £36.00.
Let's hope that all those attending just because it's West Ham actually think it might be worth coming to a few league games as well.

Did we ever worry ourselves about such thing pre internet?(whether fans would come again)

The onus is on the club to attract and keep new fans, unfortunately there's been far too much sit back and hope they come mentality over the years

we keep seeing boasts of 36.000 going to Wembley, how many of those did the club engage with pre GDPR ?

Also many want a good matchday experience and hackling those with the temerity to leave before the end hardly encourages a return

if the rules allow sell tickets at normal price for st holders and for £30 and include next home game for everyone else

If we get to the Championship or god forbid the PL!
The prices seem totally reasonable considering we are playing a decent PL club.

If we get to the Championship or god forbid the PL!
The prices seem totally reasonable considering we are playing a decent PL club.
I think you may have missed my point.
Announcing, in the 1893 club, that prices were set at £39.00 for the game, no mention of normally accepted discounts was made. That demand from the general public to watch the spectacle that is OUFC versus West Ham will be higher than a normal league match had not escaped my attention. That I, as a season ticket holder who has also paid to watch the previous two rounds of this tournament, should have to fork out the full price of a ticket at the same price as that which will be expected of someone who has no allegiance to our club, somewhat irks me.
Yes, I could buy a ticket in another part of the ground and pay less. That I do not wish to do so is my choice. However, I don't see why my support should be taken for granted by the club.
But, yes, you are right, we are playing Premier League opposition and for that fact alone I should be willing to fork out any amount the club sees fit.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This was the arrangement for the Man City game - I would expect the same this time.

Will be flying to Lanzarote (having carefully selected the Wednesday to travel just in case we got through with a plum draw), so may need to investigate iFollow...........

I think you may have missed my point.
Announcing, in the 1893 club, that prices were set at £39.00 for the game, no mention of normally accepted discounts was made. That demand from the general public to watch the spectacle that is OUFC versus West Ham will be higher than a normal league match had not escaped my attention. That I, as a season ticket holder who has also paid to watch the previous two rounds of this tournament, should have to fork out the full price of a ticket at the same price as that which will be expected of someone who has no allegiance to our club, somewhat irks me.
Yes, I could buy a ticket in another part of the ground and pay less. That I do not wish to do so is my choice. However, I don't see why my support should be taken for granted by the club.
But, yes, you are right, we are playing Premier League opposition and for that fact alone I should be willing to fork out any amount the club sees fit.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm a season ticket holder and attend most home League matches. But I didn't go to the Peterborough or Millwall Carabao Cup games. That I did not wish to do so was my choice. (My reason, if any is needed, is that I live more than 90 miles away from the stadium - a round trip of 180+ miles is a long way in midweek at my age.)
I shall, however, be buying a ticket for the West Ham game (and staying in Oxford overnight afterwards). As a (relatively?) loyal supporter, I would be somewhat irked if I was asked to pay more than people who for some strange reason feel they're entitled to a discount for having attended previous games where normal ticket prices had been reduced anyway.

Carabo Cup games aren't available to watch on iFollow.

I'm a season ticket holder and attend most home League matches. But I didn't go to the Peterborough or Millwall Carabao Cup games. That I did not wish to do so was my choice. (My reason, if any is needed, is that I live more than 90 miles away from the stadium - a round trip of 180+ miles is a long way in midweek at my age.)
I shall, however, be buying a ticket for the West Ham game (and staying in Oxford overnight afterwards). As a (relatively?) loyal supporter, I would be somewhat irked if I was asked to pay more than people who for some strange reason feel they're entitled to a discount for having attended previous games where normal ticket prices had been reduced anyway.
Everyone will have their opinion on this and that's fine. My initial annoyance was prompted by the lack of any mention of a reduction in price for those who have a season ticket or are signed up as members. Not a major gripe but if it's good enough for a league match, why not a cup match?
As for the travelling part, we also face a round trip of 170 miles to a home game so you are not in an exclusive club there! Neither of us are in our prime but enjoy our football, even more so with a win!

Surely season ticket holders already get a benefit in that each game is already cheaper than buying a ticket individually? I’d say give them first choice of their seats, maybe let them buy an extra ticket as well, but the club can’t afford to go reducing revenues by cutting prices of a big game. They already did cut prices for the first two rounds don’t forget, and it’s not like they’re raising prices for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom