General Calling Any Oxford Supporting Musicians

EDIT: I’m referrring to King of the Road’s song…

I like the lyrics - would be very stirring when sung by several thousand yellows (nice and slow, not rushed like lots of our songs are these days)

The recording is a bit lacklustre but in my opinion would be fine to use to simply teach the fans the song.

Well done!

Arthur Turner’s Lovechild, classic Oxford band and (as you can tell from the name) big OUFC fans.
I knew Mac from back in the day, top top bloke and absolutely knew his music and talent, and a huge Oxford fan. Everyone in music respected him and he found Radiohead, Supergrass etc. I was working on the door of the Jericho tavern with Mick.

Is Mac still going to games?

I knew Mac from back in the day, top top bloke and absolutely knew his music and talent, and a huge Oxford fan. Everyone in music respected him and he found Radiohead, Supergrass etc. I was working on the door of the Jericho tavern with Mick.

Spoke to him At the Bristol City game, and noticed he acknowledged the traffic update yesterday.

I found this old thread and it seems we're going round in a big circle. I'm sure there are many more like it.

Me and Kingy have got our ukuleles and our imaginations but there are limits to our abilities. There must be more out there with maybe more talent and/or knowledge and/or enthusiasm? Maybe we should arrange to meet up in person with instruments somewhere? Anyone else?

I met him a few times as I played the Jericho with a couple of bands in the 90s.

Edit - or was it the cape of good hope (the point)? It’s all a bit hazy now 😂

Last edited:

Mac lives but I don’t think lives in Oxford now and is too busy to go to a lot of games

EDIT: I’m referrring to King of the Road’s song…

I like the lyrics - would be very stirring when sung by several thousand yellows (nice and slow, not rushed like lots of our songs are these days)

The recording is a bit lacklustre but in my opinion would be fine to use to simply teach the fans the song.

Well done!
That's all it was for Werthers

I’ve not been in bands for years but we need a tub thumping tune with a chantable chorus.
Something really simple that will lead a crowd.

I have half an idea around that.

The verses need to be short to the point and getting us to the chant quickly.

That’s my 2p worth

Back
Top Bottom