The Priory, Firoka, The City Council & (at last) Oxford Times

never mind a £2500 fine ... it should be the cost of, as per his lease contract, ensuring the Priory is fit for use, and then double that figure, as he breached planning permission requirements for the building of the hotel next to the Priory.... of course the slum landlords teflon coating will as usual, ensure nothing sticks

even if by some miracle Ox city council did manage to impose a 7 or 8 figure penalty via the courts, Id bet his tenants would end up paying for it one way or another

What is the point of an orchard in that part of Oxford?

OCC really are just a less threatening version of the Maybot

I guess this is what happens when a bunch of spineless idiots are elected into power. Absolute disgrace. Who love to see what papers were released to the Oxford Fail in response to the FOI. Would be even more interested to see any that weren't!

Simple solution as mentioned lots of times previously: hotel operating license revoked with immediate effect until Priory is refurbished to OCC satisfaction. Which part of that are OCC finding so hard to understand ...... or is there something we are not being told?

If you're talking about some stitch-up involving a consultant employed by Kassam and some of his former colleagues in OCC you are barking up the wrong tree. The Oxford Fail has had ample time to check what the assurances were that led to English Heritage declining to list the Priory as at risk ay the same time that OCC allowed the hotel to open and gave away all it's cards.

If you're talking about some stitch-up involving a consultant employed by Kassam and some of his former colleagues in OCC you are barking up the wrong tree. The Oxford Fail has had ample time to check what the assurances were that led to English Heritage declining to list the Priory as at risk ay the same time that OCC allowed the hotel to open and gave away all it's cards.

I didn't even know that tree existed! I was thinking more along the lines of did OCC somehow screw up the planning conditions to such extent that FK knows that he can easily wriggle around them? A sort of hiding incompetence exercise. Just speculation on my part but that's always likely to happen when such an apparently simple solution goes ignored.

What really fucks me off about this, and I mean FCUKS me right off, is that I had a very long drawn out argument over email with an oxford city council planning leader about the removal of the tent that Tim had. It was denied permission on the basis it wasn’t in keeping with the area even though it was next to the bowplex monstrosity. I argued that it would make the building itself no longer a going concern and it would end up in ruin which was counterintuitive to the point she was making. She was simply incapable of working out the logic, and yet her decision has:

A. Reduced a leisure facility that many people enjoyed to zero
B. Indirectly led to the dilapidation of a fine old building

She was a prize moron.

What really fucks me off about this, and I mean FCUKS me right off, is that I had a very long drawn out argument over email with an oxford city council planning leader about the removal of the tent that Tim had. It was denied permission on the basis it wasn’t in keeping with the area even though it was next to the bowplex monstrosity. I argued that it would make the building itself no longer a going concern and it would end up in ruin which was counterintuitive to the point she was making. She was simply incapable of working out the logic, and yet her decision has:

She was a prize moron.
she only worked part time too

I emailed her at that time ... never did get a response, of any type

Can't do the link but the £650k wasted on the abandoned George Street plan would have better used dragging FK through the courts!

She was a prize moron.

Probably been safely promoted out of harms way by now.

She was a prize moron.

Has she passed?

Back
Top Bottom