General Brannagan & Co to stay and take us to the championship?or not....

I’d have been very happy and surprised with him signing for 1 more year, 2 is really incredible imo

fair play to Cameron and to Dickie who have both been fantastic about the situation

Great news. I think he was one of those most hurt by the play off defeat and it’s testament to his character that he wants to right it. Realistically we won’t have him for the three years but even if we hold on to him for two years we are likely to see him very near to his peak.

Now for Rob Dickie to do the same. That would be the icing on the cake.
Think it’s unlikely now, unless we are not being told, as he would command a good contract and that would cut into the cap budget

Have to accept Rob D is off

if its a championship club who are serious OUFC should stop operating like a market trader knocking out snide designer gear and only let him go for a price of £8.5m plus add ons ;)

if its PL club, then only let him go for considerably more than £8.5m and add ons;)

When he’s at his best he’s our key player and the best player on the pitch. Make the guy captain and show players what happens when they have a bit of loyalty to us.

I suspect that once Dickie goes, he’ll get the armband.

if its a championship club who are serious OUFC should stop operating like a market trader knocking out snide designer gear and only let him go for a price of £8.5m plus add ons ;)

if its PL club, then only let him go for considerably more than £8.5m and add ons;)

Careful, I said it would be nice if PL teams came in and we could get £5-6m for him and people on here went mental! ??

So I've said this on the other salary cap thread, but actually I think this Cam Bran deal has probably happened in part because of the incoming wage cap.

Assuming that the Championship follows suit and institutes the 18m cap that's being discussed, then a lot of Championship teams are going to have to be dramatically reducing their wage bills. Probably not a whole lot of space for them to be bringing in lower league players on decent wages for a while now.

And obviously the bigger clubs in our division (Sunderland, Ipswich etc.) are now completely ****ed and not going to be in the market any time soon.

Obviously the Premier League are completely unaffected, but I don't think Cam is quite at that level yet.

By signing today before the introduction of the salary cap, he's going to be able to earn what is presumably a much higher than average League One wage for three years without hurting OUFC against the cap. Gives him some security in what is likely to be a very tough market for players in the next few years whilst this salary cap business settles in.

And if he does have another great year, and gets himself on some PL radars - nothing to stop us selling him then.

Credit to the board. KR wanted backing and they've put 2 of our arguably best players on new 3 year deals (Taylor and Cam).
Not sure whether we would be able to get brown or Kelly now.

Last edited:
Trade in Simon Eastwood for a younger goalie and bring in Will Grigg, I’ll be happy with that

Great news and it continues what seems to be a great start to the transfer window.

Got so much time for CB. He is a top player, but also seems such a solid leader and pro. Love the way he speaks about the game and club. To top it off he had the balls to step up and smash the winning penalty v Pompey home.

Thanks CB, great to still have you on board.

So I've said this on the other salary cap thread, but actually I think this Cam Bran deal has probably happened in part because of the incoming wage cap.

Assuming that the Championship follows suit and institutes the 18m cap that's being discussed, then a lot of Championship teams are going to have to be dramatically reducing their wage bills. Probably not a whole lot of space for them to be bringing in lower league players on decent wages for a while now.

And obviously the bigger clubs in our division (Sunderland, Ipswich etc.) are now completely ****ed and not going to be in the market any time soon.

Obviously the Premier League are completely unaffected, but I don't think Cam is quite at that level yet.

By signing today before the introduction of the salary cap, he's going to be able to earn what is presumably a much higher than average League One wage for three years without hurting OUFC against the cap. Gives him some security in what is likely to be a very tough market for players in the next few years whilst this salary cap business settles in.

And if he does have another great year, and gets himself on some PL radars - nothing to stop us selling him then.

Salary cap won't happen in the championship as clubs will vote against it!

Salary cap won't happen in the championship as clubs will vote against it!

I would have thought the same in L1 tbf. It would have only taken 1 of Gillingham, swindon, Rrovurrzz or Plymouth to scupper the vote here after all.

I would have thought the same in L1 tbf. It would have only taken 1 of Gillingham, swindon, Rrovurrzz or Plymouth to scupper the vote here after all.
It looks like Bristol Rover’s tactics this summer was to get their transfer business done before the vote, then vote it through to hinder their rivals who were slow off the mark. Im really surprised, given this was looming, that Peterborough haven’t signed anybody yet. Theyre usually very proactive in the transfer windows, plus theyre apparently going to rip league 1 a new one this year.

Back
Top Bottom