General Brannagan injury

Looking more than likely then. Best timing to wait for Brannagan's return.

Anybody have any idea when the fixture would likely be played if postponed?
on a Tuesday evening ...date as yet TBC (as the scheduled match on 16 Nov hast yet been postponed) ? :unsure:

Looking more than likely then. Best timing to wait for Brannagan's return.

Anybody have any idea when the fixture would likely be played if postponed?

I’d be surprised if it will be played this year with possible FA Cup replays on a Tuesdays in November/December, along with the next round of leasing trophy in Dec & our Carabao cup tie aswell.

Think it maybe in Jan or Feb

And so it came to pass ......

get the reason for postponing but unfair in a way. we still had to play games with players missing due to injuries but you can call of a game for your best players having to play for another team.
good in a way as gives us more time to get key personnel fit but hope it doesn’t disrupt us too much or lose momentum

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m a little confused.

Why is it, when we have multiple players (whyte, Sykes, Baptiste) called up for full senior international squads, we still have to play our games, with weakened matchday squads, but when Ipswich have 2 players called up for U20’s international duty, they can have their games postponed?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m a little confused.

Why is it, when we have multiple players (whyte, Sykes, Baptiste) called up for full senior international squads, we still have to play our games, with weakened matchday squads, but when Ipswich have 2 players called up for U20’s international duty, they can have their games postponed?
According to their website, they are likely to have four players away (I think you have to have three to ask for a postponement?).
And have we actually had three called up at the same time at any point? I honestly don't think we have (recently!).

• React
Reactions: Ian
Ok having actually read the article, I see they actually had four call ups, so I’ll let em off

Still bloody annoying though, now I’m gonna have to sit in the freezing cold one evening in the height of winter!

Ok having actually read the article, I see they actually had four call ups, so I’ll let em off

Still bloody annoying though, now I’m gonna have to sit in the freezing cold one evening in the height of winter!

Hopefully they reorganise it for April and everybody is a winner.

get the reason for postponing but unfair in a way. we still had to play games with players missing due to injuries but you can call of a game for your best players having to play for another team.
good in a way as gives us more time to get key personnel fit but hope it doesn’t disrupt us too much or lose momentum

Actually, I don't think it's even their best players.
The Downes fella plays all the time, but Judge is in and out of their team and the other two (Dozzell, Dobra) have barely played in the league.

So in that respect, I think it's probably in our best interest not to be playing them at a time when we're going to be stretched by injuries.

Actually, after such an amazing spell, but signs of tiredness showing in the last two games - I think this is actually the perfect time for us to get a rest from league games. Get everyone fit and raring to go, and then muller Southend in a few weeks!

May be wrong, but didn’t Robinson last season choose not to PP the game when offered the chance (Whyte, Sykes, Shandon)

Another concern, is that we're playing so well at the moment, it would've been a good time to play them, and potentially take three points off them whilst pushing ourselves nearer to the automatic places!

May be wrong, but didn’t Robinson last season choose not to PP the game when offered the chance (Whyte, Sykes, Shandon)
Yes that's right. He has the opportunity of postponing the game and didnt. Maybe Lambett had made an error here

Actually, I don't think it's even their best players.
The Downes fella plays all the time, but Judge is in and out of their team and the other two (Dozzell, Dobra) have barely played in the league.

So in that respect, I think it's probably in our best interest not to be playing them at a time when we're going to be stretched by injuries.

Actually, after such an amazing spell, but signs of tiredness showing in the last two games - I think this is actually the perfect time for us to get a rest from league games. Get everyone fit and raring to go, and then muller Southend in a few weeks!
hope you're right and they come back fresh and carry on where they left off.
I trust KR and co to do the best thing and get back to our best performances

Any news after Cam’s latest scan Thursday? Unusually quiet on this from club and on here which is a tad concerning.

Club are usual quite low key regarding expected reappearance unless a player is out for a considerable time, such as Napa, Hanson and Woodburn.

Back
Top Bottom