Dot Counting Bolton 10k - 28 November

Attendance tracking
I’m sure there will be some that make excuses for this not possibly being a 10,000+ crowd.

If this isn’t a home sell out, I’d ask what on earth more the players can do to attract the people of Oxfordshire.

2nd in the league, scoring goals, playing an ex-prem club and a new manager. What else do people need?

No one is making excuses. This isn't good fan v bad fan. It's the reality that evening games are harder to get to for families and people relying on public transport.

I'm all for pushing these larger games and encouraging as many fans as possible to come. I'm looking to get a load of people from work to go to this game, and getting a minibus to make it more attractive. I'm actively looking to get more fans to all games, and encourage them to write to the councils about their experience and why a new stadium is important.

But what I won't do is make people feel like they're letting the players or the club down if they're unable to make it.

Is the family section requirements relaxed for midweek games?

As unless a holiday then younger kids may not be able to go and therefore possibly their parents or the adult/adults who take them. That could limit a crowd simply through that if those seats can't be used by others.
I completely understand when it comes to parents and kids on a Tuesday night but as has been said, we got a massive crowd for a conference game against Luton on a Tuesday, we got a near sell out against Swindon in the tin pot trophy. This game is game is massive with (as it stands) 2nd be 3rd so I would be disappointed at a crowd less than 10/9.5k.

I completely understand when it comes to parents and kids on a Tuesday night but as has been said, we got a massive crowd for a conference game against Luton on a Tuesday, we got a near sell out against Swindon in the tin pot trophy. This game is game is massive with (as it stands) 2nd be 3rd so I would be disappointed at a crowd less than 10/9.5k.
I reckon it'll be around 9K but shy of 10K

I think ifollow numbers of watchers ( yes, there may be more than one watching each ifollow coverage 'sold') could and should be given , to give clubs their cut of ifollow fees for each game the numbers must be known, so why not announce the amount?

We had 9000 and 7700 in the two games against Swindon in the EFL Trophy. The Luton game had a sold out away end so we had around 9000 home fans.

We're seeing improved attendances, and averaging nearly 9000 this season. Things are going in the right direction. But we need to be realistic too. We had 7000 home fans against Shrewsbury in our last midweek league game. Getting another 1000+ in to the Bolton game is a huge improvement and one that shouldn't be underestimated.

So I know that I seem to be alone on this (except for EC Yellow and George Elek who seem to agree with me), but personally I would be disappointed and a little surprised if we don't get 10k with a new manager- especially if we win at Cheltenham.

So I know that I seem to be alone on this (except for EC Yellow and George Elek who seem to agree with me), but personally I would be disappointed and a little surprised if we don't get 10k with a new manager- especially if we win at Cheltenham.
Personally if we win at Cheltenham we could be top of the league I feel this game should be 10k if not more it's time the people of Oxford realised we are going places this season

From memory Luton brought 2,800.

We had 9000 and 7700 in the two games against Swindon in the EFL Trophy. The Luton game had a sold out away end so we had around 9000 home fans.

We're seeing improved attendances, and averaging nearly 9000 this season. Things are going in the right direction. But we need to be realistic too. We had 7000 home fans against Shrewsbury in our last midweek league game. Getting another 1000+ in to the Bolton game is a huge improvement and one that shouldn't be underestimated.
Think we had just shy of 8,000 as Luton brought 2,800

Is the family section requirements relaxed for midweek games?

As unless a holiday then younger kids may not be able to go and therefore possibly their parents or the adult/adults who take them. That could limit a crowd simply through that if those seats can't be used by others.
The club release restrictions on tickets closer to the game.

No one is making excuses. This isn't good fan v bad fan. It's the reality that evening games are harder to get to for families and people relying on public transport.

I'm all for pushing these larger games and encouraging as many fans as possible to come. I'm looking to get a load of people from work to go to this game, and getting a minibus to make it more attractive. I'm actively looking to get more fans to all games, and encourage them to write to the councils about their experience and why a new stadium is important.

But what I won't do is make people feel like they're letting the players or the club down if they're unable to make it.

You're not making excuses...before proceeding to make excuses.

Other teams in and around us manage to pull in strong midweek crowds. Why shouldn't we expect the same when we are amidst our best position in the pyramid for 25 years and with a local chap steering the ship?

It's not as if this is a game that has just been sprung upon us. Supporters have literally had months to organise their travel arrangements to get to the game and families with young children can choose to allow their son/daughter to have one late night every so often, surely?

10,000+ - It's on every single one of us to make it happen.

Is there any update on how sales are going for this game with a week to go . I would be disappointed if we didn't have at least 9k through the gates

Is there any update on how sales are going for this game with a week to go . I would be disappointed if we didn't have at least 9k through the gates
I've been monitoring the Grimsby FA Cup sales since they became available, mostly due to the discord around the closed off areas, and intended to do a count for the Bolton game at midnight tonight, thereby giving the usual weekly build up to it.

I shall report tomorrow morning, and then daily after that.

Edit: I shall then do a daily update for the Grimsby game from the Wednesday morning, following the Bolton game on the 28th. Until then I'll do a periodic update of that game as milestones are passed. We have now sold 40% of the available tickets in six days, with 11 days remaining. Given that most sales are in the days leading up to the game, I expect extra areas to have to be opened at some point.

Last edited:
I've been monitoring the Grimsby FA Cup sales since they became available, mostly due to the discord around the closed off areas, and intended to do a count for the Bolton game at midnight tonight, thereby giving the usual weekly build up to it.

I shall report tomorrow morning, and then daily after that.

Edit: I shall then do a daily update for the Grimsby game from the Wednesday morning, following the Bolton game on the 28th. Until then I'll do a periodic update of that game as milestones are passed. We have now sold 40% of the available tickets in six days, with 11 days remaining. Given that most sales are in the days leading up to the game, I expect extra areas to have to be opened at some point.

To be honest, I need a lie-down after just reading about what you'll be doing.

Fairly good sales, as of midnight last night, of 6,350 home sales.

This is a little earlier than I normally start a Saturday count, so the better comparison will be in 24 hours time, but there are a few things that stand out. Only the Wycombe and Blackpool games had higher sales at midnight on Sunday before each game (24 hours later) so that's a positive. But those games were 475 and 275 higher respectively, and I doubt we'll sell 475 (or even 275?) in the next 24 hours. However, if Bolton do sell out, which I think they will get close to, then we don't need to match the Wycombe or Blackpool attendances to get to 10,000 total.

The next two or three days will give a better picture of what we might expect. It's interesting that most all areas are pretty much on a par with the Wycombe and Blackpool games (even though it's a day earlier) except the North Stand, and particularly the family area, which is about 275 down on Wycombe on its own.

Gut feeling for a 10,000 crowd? It's going to be close, and particularly if we find ourselves top and second in the league on Saturday evening.

Fairly good sales, as of midnight last night, of 6,350 home sales.

This is a little earlier than I normally start a Saturday count, so the better comparison will be in 24 hours time, but there are a few things that stand out. Only the Wycombe and Blackpool games had higher sales at midnight on Sunday before each game (24 hours later) so that's a positive. But those games were 475 and 275 higher respectively, and I doubt we'll sell 475 (or even 275?) in the next 24 hours. However, if Bolton do sell out, which I think they will get close to, then we don't need to match the Wycombe or Blackpool attendances to get to 10,000 total.

The next two or three days will give a better picture of what we might expect. It's interesting that most all areas are pretty much on a par with the Wycombe and Blackpool games (even though it's a day earlier) except the North Stand, and particularly the family area, which is about 275 down on Wycombe on its own.

Gut feeling for a 10,000 crowd? It's going to be close, and particularly if we find ourselves top and second in the league on Saturday evening.

It might be beyond even Des B but if we believe....... :)

Back
Top Bottom