Matches Bolton Away - On Sky

Sod it then. I’ve got Sky Sports but I’m going to spend the 11 euros on ifollow and listen to the soothing tones of Jerome and Nathan.
Much better than listening to the above and some tosser drooling over billy big B*****s Bolton.
Mute Sky and listen to RadOx commentary

Hmmm, what's the forum policy on spam emails attempting to hawk goods again? Is it delete the post and block the account? 🤔
It actually prompted me to see if I can hand him out a warning for inappropriate content... seems we can't warn other mods

I do love a nice little dictatorship

I seem to recall that the answer is not in the UK. Yes if abroad. (VPN and pay in Euros)

Anyone with a Revolut Gold bank account (£14.99 a month) gets a nord VPN account for free without paying for said VPN account & get other benefits as well. Works well for me with travel insurance etc.

Can't wait to listen to the sky pundits bang on about how good Bolton are and how they're too big for this league for 3 hours, whilst mispronouncing all our players names and giving us about 2 mins of coverage before the game.
Last time I watched a Derby match on Sky, they had a Cowley brother in the studio who kept banging on about how Derby had given us a footballing lesson a few weeks earlier.

I was at that match and remember vividly that we were completely rinsed nil nil 🙄

It actually prompted me to see if I can hand him out a warning for inappropriate content... seems we can't warn other mods

I do love a nice little dictatorship

I knew......... thats why the application went in... :ROFLMAO:

So pretty random but a girl I coach in Texas is on the Olympic development programme and will be visiting the uk and Manchester in two weeks for a “soccer” tour. I’m getting her family tickets for the away end (might need some logistical help) for this game. I’d love them to have the full experience. Any ideas what the away pub pre game will be and any chance of an atmosphere? Also any guess at the numbers we’ll take?

So pretty random but a girl I coach in Texas is on the Olympic development programme and will be visiting the uk and Manchester in two weeks for a “soccer” tour. I’m getting her family tickets for the away end (might need some logistical help) for this game. I’d love them to have the full experience. Any ideas what the away pub pre game will be and any chance of an atmosphere? Also any guess at the numbers we’ll take?
Bolton's a tricky one as it's on a retail park. Most fans drink in the town centre and get a train, bus or taxi to the ground. I've really enjoyed both of my visits to Bolton but haven't yet found a pub I could wholeheartedly recommend, either in town or near the ground. Perhaps there isn't one worth recommending!

(Bulls Head for anyone going to Port Vale - that's got burgers, atmosphere and great beer!)

£10 for a day pass. That's a lot more cameras for the same price on iFollow. Edit- it's now 11.99. That shows how often we are on Sky! When was the last time? Was it Wigan away 2022 when Matty Taylor scored?

Last edited:
Areet lads an lasses.
For the pub problem The Beehive is welcoming to away fans . used to be home only but its now regarded as the "away" pub .
As you come off the motor way with the ground on your left its a straight road up and right in front of you on a roundabout. Parking isnt great and a 10-15 min walk back to the ground but thats the closest pub you will get . Nothing much round the ground , its a retail park. There is a home only out door fanzone that does some really good food and ales . If your not clad in stone island and get there early enough , a nod and a quick flash of the ticket should get you access its been done loads of times by peaceful away fans.
Other than that its Bolton town centre and a quick bus ride or train to the halt across the road from the ground.

As for our injuries , our Keeper is out long term , our back up divides opinion , makes worldy save and then messes up the basics , like racing out of position.
We have 3 fit forwards, new signing Collins from the Gas , still bedding in , Bodvarsson, out of form and 137 yr old Cameron Jerome. 3 have 3 first teamers out for the season , 2 probably out for the season and another 3 short term injuries.
Defence is strong enough , Iredale , Toal , Santos with any of Forrester , Ashworth, Jones also doing well . A strong Midfield of Thommason, dempsey, Maghoma, Morley, Sheehan , with wide players Williams, Ogbetta, J. Dacres-Cogley . Crucially if Sheehan plays well bolton play well .

Attendance will be killed by Sky and a Tuesday night so the club have tried to boost it by doing a kids for a quid thing.
We are Jekyll & Hyde at the moment , blissteringly brilliant one half , diabolical the other.

No idea what to expect from you lot other than Brannigan will score 7 penalties in a 15 goal thriller .
BTW is derek fazackerley still involved with you lot ? He lives up the road from me (his daughter is stunning )

We win this auto matic spots are still on . Lose it and we will see you in the play offs.
Have a safe trip.

Back
Top Bottom