Matches Barnsley kick off time change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was worse than that, it was to avoid clashing with the bloody Rugby... WC Final England lost to Australia. I was at The Manor for it. Finished 0-0 I believe, just to reward those of us who did turn up.

Edit: Just looked up the result, we actually lost 1-0, Neil Redfearn scoring for them. 2nd November 1991.
I went. It was a shocking game. So was the rugby later.

.... if memory serves ( it doesn't always) @Steve Gilbert is- or at least was - based near the border of England with North Wales?
Correct Sarge, I live just over the border in North Wales now so just a small distance from the Kassam Stadium…
I can’t attend Saturday’s game due to work and finances but if it was a choice of being able to watch OUFC or England then I’d pick OUFC and if I really wanted to watch the game then I’d stop off on the way home to catch the game in a pub.

Rightly or wrongly as the home team it is seen that at least the home fans will be able to make it home to watch the game or make it to a pub to watch it so there is no need to adjust our KO time.

We live in a world where we get a choice of what we do with our free time, if you would rather watch England and can’t make it home in time if you go to the OUFC match then don’t go to the Kassam, stay at home, stream it and then watch England.

Also, temperatures this week could have an impact as earlier kick off times give less time for the pitch to warm up.

Looking at the forecast, it's possible that Barnsley may be called off.
Forecast is -4 overnight Friday and not getting much above freezing all day Saturday.

Forecast is -4 overnight Friday and not getting much above freezing all day Saturday.

The covers will be on and I assume they still have the heat lamp things for the grass so that should help as well.

A bit of a frost is now enough to get a game called off?

Jesus what happened to the days of turning up with snow shovels clearing the lines and the terraces and snowball fights on the Osler Road? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

❄️❄️⛄☃️

Called off would suit me, plus it would give our injured players more time to come back… 😉

A bit of a frost is now enough to get a game called off?

Jesus what happened to the days of turning up with snow shovels clearing the lines and the terraces and snowball fights on the Osler Road? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

❄️❄️⛄☃️

went and helped clear the pitch a few times when I was a nipper in the 60s

if there was a dusting of snow on the pitch the markings were redone in blue , game played with an orange matchball

cant remember who we were scheduled to play, but the forecast was sub zero for a few days before the game- OUFC had local fire service ( I think?) pump some sort of foam over the Manor pitch to protect the pitch from freezing- if memory serves? - I think that match went ahead with a 3pm |Sat kick off - the foam was cleared during the morning

- twas a mans game back then, a bit of cold weather didn't phase our players back then

The covers will be on and I assume they still have the heat lamp things for the grass so that should help as well.
especially for that small bit of pitch in front of the home dugout - which (being 'frozen' ) caused a near sold out boxing day match to be called off an hour or before kickoff ,a few years back

went and helped clear the pitch a few times when I was a nipper in the 60s

if there was a dusting of snow on the pitch the markings were redone in blue , game played with an orange matchball

cant remember who we were scheduled to play, but the forecast was sub zero for a few days before the game- OUFC had local fire service ( I think?) pump some sort of foam over the Manor pitch to protect the pitch from freezing- if memory serves? - I think that match went ahead with a 3pm |Sat kick off - the foam was cleared during the morning

- twas a mans game back then, a bit of cold weather didn't phase our players back then
Oxford U v Stoke City FA Cup January 1970 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom