Matches Barnsley kick off time change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for the kick off time to change. Most Oxford fans will be back home by 7pm, most Barnsley fans can watch it on the coach/train or in a pub in Oxford if they're staying the night. Changing the time now is just going to mess with people working in the morning, people with a lunch reservation and Barnsley fans who have travel arrangements already made.

No need for the kick off time to change. Most Oxford fans will be back home by 7pm, most Barnsley fans can watch it on the coach/train or in a pub in Oxford if they're staying the night. Changing the time now is just going to mess with people working in the morning, people with a lunch reservation and Barnsley fans who have travel arrangements already made.

They will just have to eat their lunch quick, I have moved the game to 2pm.

Apologies to anyone eating at Chiqitos and not getting the full time eating in a little sombrero, actually feel a bit bad for them as there is better feeling on this earth.

Personally, I'm finding this post incredibly tedious - if you're asking me (and I believe most of you are), the Oxford game should be moved back to 7pm on Saturday night for a direct clash. That will sort out the real fans from the casual followers. Oh, and anyone attending will get priority tickets for the Arsenal game.

Imo nowadays most people have smart phones so the Barnsley fans can watch the England game on the coach on their way home if your driving you can listen on radio 5 and if your really more interested in watching England on the Tele than watching your team live (Barnsley or Oxford) then stay at home

Last edited:
Imo nowadays most people have smart phones so the Barnsley fans can watch the England game on the coach on their way home if your driving you can listen on radio 5 and if your really more interested in watching England on the Tele than watching your team like (Barnsley or Oxford) then stay at home
If the England quarter-final is that important to some individuals - as in more important that watching their team live- there is the option of ifollow ( thankfully without Accrington's work experience 'operative' half-heartedly manning the camera) for a tenner

Imo nowadays most people have smart phones so the Barnsley fans can watch the England game on the coach on their way home if your driving you can listen on radio 5 and if your really more interested in watching England on the Tele than watching your team live (Barnsley or Oxford) then stay at home

If they kick off at two I can do both though (strictly speaking I should be able to both if they kick off at three but who wants that type of stress, it’s ageing) so that’s better for me, so I have chosen that option.

When we get in the premier league some of you lot are fucked, a one hour change has some of you lot freaking out, by the time we are up there we will be kicking off at four in the morning for the growing Antarctic tv market (global warming will see people move there in huge numbers in the future so no jokes about penguins please).

Didn't we once play Barnsley at the Manor at an odd time in the morning to make way for an international? It was in the championship, I didn't bother going and I don't think many did.

Didn't we once play Barnsley at the Manor at an odd time in the morning to make way for an international? It was in the championship, I didn't bother going and I don't think many did.

Have we ever kicked a game off in the morning?

It was worse than that, it was to avoid clashing with the bloody Rugby... WC Final England lost to Australia. I was at The Manor for it. Finished 0-0 I believe, just to reward those of us who did turn up.

Edit: Just looked up the result, we actually lost 1-0, Neil Redfearn scoring for them. 2nd November 1991.

Last edited:
It was worse than that, it was to avoid clashing with the bloody Rugby... WC Final England lost to Australia. I was at The Manor for it. Finished 0-0 I believe, just to reward those of us who did turn up.
Ah OK, was it an actual 11.00 am kickoff?

Was it the game where the players from both teams didn't bother turning up either, or played like it anyway?

I’d understand moving KO time if it was a 5pm KO but with the England kicking off at 7pm it gives plenty of time to either get home or find somewhere to watch the game for fans attending a 3pm KO.

This World Cup has disrupted enough football without it causing more hassle at short notice.

I’d understand moving KO time if it was a 5pm KO but with the England kicking off at 7pm it gives plenty of time to either get home or find somewhere to watch the game for fans attending a 3pm KO.

This World Cup has disrupted enough football without it causing more hassle at short notice.
That’s a rather parochial view of our fanbase. I’m fortunate and will make it home on time, so not an issue for us, but perhaps not all our fans who want to get home live as close as you do to the Kassam, Steve.

That’s a rather parochial view of our fanbase. I’m fortunate and will make it home on time, so not an issue for us, but perhaps not all our fans who want to get home live as close as you do to the Kassam, Steve.
.... if memory serves ( it doesn't always) @Steve Gilbert is- or at least was - based near the border of England with North Wales?

Just hope there is no extended injury/time wasting time/medical emergency etc. If there is the usual 4 minutes or so, and match finishes by 4.50pm I can normally get home just before 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom