Baptiste

Yes, difficult one for the lad. I suppose he has to weigh up just how much playing for Grenada really means for him longer term. If he can establish himself in a L1 team that will probably help him more.

The best thing for Shandon Baptiste's career is playing for Oxford in League One now.

The radio interview very much sounded like he'd made up his mind on it. With Hanson out and Ruffels doing better than expected at LB I think it's a very wise decision for him to stay and play.

Grenada will benefit in the long term from him playing first team football whilst he can.

He is playing well, with confidence and will no doubt be attracting attention from higher up the pyramid which will further benefit Grenada.

Last edited:
Is it just me that thinks that the club is slightly out of order pressuring him to not represent his country in favour of a club game? Some countries might take exception to a player doing that and look elsewhere for future selections and I would hate to think that we would be responsible for a player missing out on an international career....

Long term, his country will probably be wanting him playing regular first team football to improve his ability. If this week helps him cement his place in the squad, they might not mind. They're Grenada. They aren't going to ignore him on principle if he ends up in the Championship, or higher.

They're playing a Curacao side without Van Kessel. I don't know how the rankings stand, but they might feel they can do without for now.

It really is a breath of fresh air watching Baptiste play. Apart from his talent, he is clearly very committed. Looks like he gives 110% and wants to win. I know it sounds a bit of a cliche, but how many youngsters have we had on loan in the past years that you can say the same about? It reminds me of the days when we relied on our own academy players to step up, rather than infill with Prem league “starlets” who already think they have “made it”.
So glad to see Baptiste, Lopes, Napa getting their chance.

It really is a breath of fresh air watching Baptiste play. Apart from his talent, he is clearly very committed. Looks like he gives 110% and wants to win. I know it sounds a bit of a cliche, but how many youngsters have we had on loan in the past years that you can say the same about? It reminds me of the days when we relied on our own academy players to step up, rather than infill with Prem league “starlets” who already think they have “made it”.
So glad to see Baptiste, Lopes, Napa getting their chance.

Napa looks to be doing ok: https://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=183963

New 4 1/2 year deal!
Clearly this is our next candidate for the big bucks deal further down the line. We've seen false dawns with the youth coming through but I think he has what it takes.

Great stuff! Well done Shandon, thoroughly deserved. Looking forward to seeing more on the pitch. Maybe a little magic on Tuesday?

So much around the club seems to be going in the right direction now. I felt really optimistic after listening to Zaki Nuseibeh on RO and reading the piece in the OM, and now this has added to the (hopefully not just blind optimistic) sense that the club is in good hands. Time for Robinson and the first team to step up to the plate now.

So much around the club seems to be going in the right direction now. I felt really optimistic after listening to Zaki Nuseibeh on RO and reading the piece in the OM, and now this has added to the (hopefully not just blind optimistic) sense that the club is in good hands. Time for Robinson and the first team to step up to the plate now.
Lol. Just the trivial issue of being 23rd in the league :)

Great news about Shandon however. Who would have thought he would have such an impact this season.

Back
Top Bottom