General Fosu and Baptiste - The Athletic

If anyone wants 40% off an annual subscription use this link and I get a £25 amazon credit.

Though I found that once i unsubscribed from the free trial, they eventually offered me 1 year with 2/3 off. So £20 instead of £60.

I find the writing very good, as above mainly premier league but also going down a bit lower.

It`s sounding like another @Eaststandboy `s pyramid scheme !! ? (y) (y)

Not sure where to post this but.....

A good and valued friend of mine was talking to Niall McWilliams recently (this was a few days ago) and he said apparently he is working more hours and harder now than when he was a headteacher of a failing Oxford school.....

....and he also said that we got £4.5million in total for Baptiste and Fosu....but didn't talk about any sell on clauses etc.....??‍♂️

A good and valued friend of mine was talking to Niall McWilliams recently (this was a few days ago) and he said apparently he is working more hours and harder now than when he was a headteacher of a failing Oxford school.....

....and he also said that we got £4.5million in total for Baptiste and Fosu....but didn't talk about any sell on clauses etc.....??‍♂️
Just start a conspiracy thread and watch it run ?

Should the words "We got" really be "We could get" , ie £4.5M is the total we get if all conditions are met eg appearances, Brentford promotion, international call ups etc, etc, etc.

I wouldn't announce to a message board something a good and valued friend had told me...

I was told by someone with very close connections at the club that whilst the club is trying to resolve the ground situation, then McWilliams is absolutely needed and is doing some vital work. It was along the lines that he would be operating in the clubs long term interests.

It was interesting to hear as whenever I heard McWilliams speak I was never that impressed. Thinking about it my colleague’s comments made sense, McWilliams long term links to the county / his contribution to the county in his previous career etc. I’m not surprised to hear comments re the hours he is putting in etc.

The timing was utterly horrific, and if we hadn't done it - or if we'd done it sooner so that KR could have brought in another replacement - then we might just have secured the extra two points last season that would have saved us from ballsing up promotion at Wembley........

......but it may well turn out that we made good money in that deal.

There's sadly some players who are extremely talented, but are never able to make the proper use of those talents because they're just too brittle.

The timing was utterly horrific, and if we hadn't done it - or if we'd done it sooner so that KR could have brought in another replacement - then we might just have secured the extra two points last season that would have saved us from ballsing up promotion at Wembley........

......but it may well turn out that we made good money in that deal.

There's sadly some players who are extremely talented, but are never able to make the proper use of those talents because they're just too brittle.

We did have a replacement on our books for most of last season who could have stepped into the Baptiste role ...

Sadly George Thorne really was being held together by splints and sellotape. If we could have extracted a few more games from him with his obvious talent, who knows where we could have ended up.

Back
Top Bottom