Transfer News Baptiste & Fosu / Wright & Cassells

NottsYellow

The sale of Baptiste (a very promising youngster only played a few games) and Fosu (signed on a free but scored a few goals in a short space of time) reminds me of when we sold Mark Wright & Keith Cassells to Southampton in the spring of 1982 - What was Jim Smith doing selling these players and bringing in a virtual unknown in Trevor Hebbard?

Sarge

The sale of Baptiste (a very promising youngster only played a few games) and Fosu (signed on a free but scored a few goals in a short space of time) reminds me of when we sold Mark Wright & Keith Cassells to Southampton in the spring of 1982 - What was Jim Smith doing selling these players and bringing in a virtual unknown in Trevor Hebbard?
The difference being Jim Smith bought in a new OUFC player

Shaun Rice

Can everyone stop f’in tweeting and retweeting about Shandon. It was bad enough seeing him go let alone seeing him smiling and holding Brentford shirt

amershamdave

I hope Shandon goes right to the top. And Fossil? Reminds me of the O'Dowdy diddle-oh Dowda situation, in a way. Apparently, we've got an extra £3 million quid in the bank. Is it going in our bank, or the investors' banks? Just asking. I hope we don't get stucky in the mucky with Mr. Mackie leading the charge.

cassox

Cassels was our top goalscorer and Wright was just a makeweight ....we got Hebberd which was good business.....ok Wright went on to big things but he was a bit s**t when he was with us....coventry 4-0 fa cup drubbing being quite a bit down to him ;)

Belgium Yellow

Cassels was our top goalscorer and Wright was just a makeweight ....we got Hebberd which was good business.....ok Wright went on to big things but he was a bit s**t when he was with us....coventry 4-0 fa cup drubbing being quite a bit down to him ;)
Mark Wright was also a bit s**t when he came back to Oxford! :confused:

38yearsofpain

You obviously didn't pick a player that well then. I said after about six of his games for us, he will play for England.
Nico looked good but Mark Wright was unreal

ll