Baptiste

Great news about Shandon's new contract.
He has this rare ability to turn and accelerate with the ball which I have seldom seen in other midfield players. So far, nobody in league 1 seems to be able to deal with this, except by hacking him down. Amazing potential!

Well done to the club for tieing him down to such a long contract.

What do we know about Shandon’s background? Am I right in thinking he joined our academy in his mid teens?

I see he’s signed for New Era Global Sports.
That’s five players we have from them now

I see he’s signed for New Era Global Sports.
That’s five players we have from them now

It was implied previously that we were only looking at players linked to NEGS, but no one could really argue about bringing in Browne or Holmes, and Sam Smith was seen as being a good deal at the time (And could still come good with a decent run of games). T'Sun Dai is more questionable but would be costing next to nothing and may still feature in time. Adding Baptiste to their books is likely to be a good move for him and inconsequential to us.

I shouldn't think he thought anything of it. I doubt Kompany has any idea at all who any of our players are or how old/experienced they are.

I shouldn't think he thought anything of it. I doubt Kompany has any idea at all who any of our players are or how old/experienced they are.

Isn’t that just the 2 captains shaking hands? Although he may have thought “f**k, how old is this kid?”

The most bizarre decision ever to make him Captain though. The kid should just be left to concentrate on his own game and not have to carry this rabble.

The most bizarre decision ever to make him Captain though. The kid should just be left to concentrate on his own game and not have to carry this rabble.
It’s a good example of “look at me Robinson” trying to be clever. It was sad to hear him try and pretend the senior players agreed. A publicity stunt gone wrong. Another example of his poor judgement.

Back
Top Bottom