Baptiste

Unbelievably good today. First time I’ve seen him play in person. The way he drives forward with the ball is very impressive. Three or four occasions today where he beat at least two defenders and made something happen.

Won the free kick for our goal and took a hefty knock in the process. Looked like a seasoned pro today.

Was easily our stand out player preseason as well in Ireland (Along with Carruthers). Great to see him doing it at professional level. Watching him yesterday, you have to start thinking, how far could this lad go?.

Last edited:
Need to get him to sign a new deal right away. If he keeps yesterday’s form up then we have a serious talent on our hands.
A deal he signed in late 2017 was until summer 2019, with the club having an option to extend. Give him a 3 year deal NOW!

Need to get him to sign a new deal right away. If he keeps yesterday’s form up then we have a serious talent on our hands.

Agree. Saw a few Sudnerland fans comment how good he was yesterday. They could t believe how little he’d played. They also suggested that they should look at him.

I'll be honest and i'm glad to be wrong,when Napa,Agboola and Baptiste signed there pro deals i thought he wouldn't get close to the first team. This lad is the best player out the academy since Dean Whitehead and he clearly has the desire to improve as he actually considering rejecting the chance to play for Grenada over the next international break because he wants to retain his spot for us. He needs to be priority for Robinson to tie down before the summer[along with Nelson and Henry]

Loving the reports about the team performance - and especially about Shandon, particularly as I highlighted him as someone to keep an eye on after his successful schooling on loan last season - got into a debate with a grump on here who said he shouldent be near the squad because "he wasnt tearing up trees" (giving myself a totally undeserved public pat on the back there lol) so there you go, establish yourself on loan and becoming a vital part of that team is as/is more important than standing out a mile over your teammates (ok I'll stop now as I'm sounding like a total bellend). That said there are a few the cautionary tales: I was there for Ross Wetherstone's debut away (Reading I think) and boy was that a false dawn! (hopefully Shandon conducts himself off the pitch better than Ross did!)...
Anyway, the fans did us pround yet again - so chuffed for the players (and in particular Shandon), they really seem to be clicking, imagine how things could improve further once the injuries (fingers crossed) clear up and KR can have a go at fine tuning the squad in January! :).

How about this for an awful song for Shandon? (to the tune of 'Mandy' by Barry Manilow)

Oh Shandy
You played and you gave without taking
And hardly gave it away
Oh Shandy
You pressed and you stopped them from playing
Against the mackems away
Oh Shandy....

(ill get my coat)

Loving the reports about the team performance - and especially about Shandon, particularly as I highlighted him as someone to keep an eye on after his successful schooling on loan last season - got into a debate with a grump on here who said he shouldent be near the squad because "he wasnt tearing up trees" (giving myself a totally undeserved public pat on the back there lol) so there you go, establish yourself on loan and becoming a vital part of that team is as/is more important than standing out a mile over your teammates (ok I'll stop now as I'm sounding like a total bellend). That said there are a few the cautionary tales: I was there for Ross Wetherstone's debut away (Reading I think) and boy was that a false dawn! (hopefully Shandon conducts himself off the pitch better than Ross did!)...
Anyway, the fans did us pround yet again - so chuffed for the players (and in particular Shandon), they really seem to be clicking, imagine how things could improve further once the injuries (fingers crossed) clear up and KR can have a go at fine tuning the squad in January! :).

How about this for an awful song for Shandon? (to the tune of 'Mandy' by Barry Manilow)

Oh Shandy
You played and you gave without taking
And hardly gave it away
Oh Shandy
You pressed and you stopped them from playing
Against the mackems away
Oh Shandy....

(ill get my coat)[/QUOTE
Yes get it quick......toe curling

behindthegoal - Lets see you do better with a hangover, a Barry Manilow earworm embedded in your head and WAY too much time on your hands!

;)

Baptiste is our version of Ngolo Kante. f*****g excellent on and off the ball. Distribution was great, broke up a few of their attacks, and got his foot in. Infact at time he made Cattermole and Honeyman look ordinary. Great to see such a young lad not letting the occasion get to him. Old head on young shoulders.

Any word if he’s definitely still going on international duty? I’ve seen a few whispers that he wants to stay and keep his place in the team. Makes sense to me. Without being disrespect to Grenada, he could surely walk back into that team at any point in the future.

Any word if he’s definitely still going on international duty? I’ve seen a few whispers that he wants to stay and keep his place in the team. Makes sense to me. Without being disrespect to Grenada, he could surely walk back into that team at any point in the future.

He's said himself he wants to continue playing games for Oxford while he can

The football league paper gave him a 6 wtf, thought he was superb really confident and strong.

Pathetic score. Anyone watching his performance couldn't possibly think he was only worth a '6', ergo the scorer obviously wasn't there and future scores in that paper should be ignored!

The comments made by some of the Sunderland fans highlighting him reinforces your point.

I have always wondered how anyone could fairly watch and rate 22 players, scouts tend to concentrate on one player, most fans would struggle to rate the opposing team as they are watching their own team. It’s a load of crap really, wouldn’t take it seriously.

Is it just me that thinks that the club is slightly out of order pressuring him to not represent his country in favour of a club game? Some countries might take exception to a player doing that and look elsewhere for future selections and I would hate to think that we would be responsible for a player missing out on an international career....

Is it just me that thinks that the club is slightly out of order pressuring him to not represent his country in favour of a club game? Some countries might take exception to a player doing that and look elsewhere for future selections and I would hate to think that we would be responsible for a player missing out on an international career....

The best thing for Shandon Baptiste's career is playing for Oxford in League One now.

Back
Top Bottom