Ex Player Baptiste and Fosu

I'm not oblivious to that, and with most players I'm not too bothered. Like when Dickie leaves I won't wish him any ill. But when a club chases you as a top target and you sign a three-year deal, but then f**k off after six months, that's showing disrespect to so many people in and outside of the club.

I don't blame him for moving though. More money, closer to home. We should of set his release cause higher though.

I’ve just seen how possible it is for Brentford. Don’t fluff their lines in their final two matches and take four/six points and they’re a PL side. They’re playing Stoke and Barnsley too.

If there is a bit of cash coming our way from Baptiste getting there, it would be very welcomed.

I have family who are Brentford season ticket holders. I tend to forget who they are until we did the double cupper on them & our recent transactions.
Yet, I have been told that for the best part of 15 years, they've been a feeder team; always selling off their best & up & coming assets (kinda reminds me of a few).
They have been close to knocking on the Prem for an invite in recent years & appear to be a well ran club.
Besides Brentford's sweet recent form, I'll be watching if they do achieve 4/6 points outta these 2 dog fights...

I'm not oblivious to that, and with most players I'm not too bothered. Like when Dickie leaves I won't wish him any ill. But when a club chases you as a top target and you sign a three-year deal, but then f**k off after six months, that's showing disrespect to so many people in and outside of the club.

Loyalty of any form is long gone from professional sport.
I can remember players who spent almost their entire career at one club, then the money arrived and folk naturally go where the benefits are greater.
It`s like your employers competitor poaching you for double wages, extra holiday and a company car. Some folk take it others don`t.

Local rugby player (Manu) was supported through a long injury spell at Tigers when loads wanted him "paid off". Now with the pandemic the players were offered new deferred contracts..... first to go Manu.
Loyalty went at the same time as common sense I reckon..................

I don't blame him for moving though. More money, closer to home. We should of set his release cause higher though.

Then we wouldn’t have got him. Release clause was his terms, we knew we were a stepping stone when we signed him.

Moving in to that new stadium too, what a time to be a Brentford fan. Got some really exciting players as well and score loads of goals. Good luck to them.

It’s a pang of regret that Griffin Park is going though. What a beautiful old ground amongst terraced housing and the four pubs. Can we somehow pinch a stand or two from it for the West Stand?

They've sold 10k season tickets for the new ground too. It shows what a new ground can do to a club on the up at the time. We moved when we were a sinking club and I don’t think we ever made the most of our move sadly. Bearing in mind that Brentford are a similar sized club to Oxford with plenty of west London competition for their fans, a new stadium when you’re a club on the up can be an additional boon to boosting the fanbase.

Jealous of them? You bet!

EDIT. I’ll just have to watch this again. Brentford were so crap that day.

Last edited:
It’s a pang of regret that Griffin Park is going though. What a beautiful old ground amongst terraced housing and the four pubs. Can we somehow pinch a stand or two from it for the West Stand?

They've sold 10k season tickets for the new ground too. It shows what a new ground can do to a club on the up at the time. We moved when we were a sinking club and I don’t think we ever made the most of our move sadly. Bearing in mind that Brentford are a similar sized club to Oxford with plenty of west London competition for their fans, a new stadium when you’re a club on the up can be an additional boon to boosting the fanbase.

Jealous of them? You bet!

EDIT. I’ll just have to watch this again. Brentford were so crap that day.

Think this should be the aim for our club to try & model yourselves in the same way in what they’ve done to get to the championship & progressed along the way on & off the field.

It`s like your employers competitor poaching you for double wages, extra holiday and a company car. Some folk take it others don`t.

Is there anyone who wouldn’t take a job for double wages, extra holiday and a company car?? I’d bite their hand off for that without a second thought!!

Is there anyone who wouldn’t take a job for double wages, extra holiday and a company car?? I’d bite their hand off for that without a second thought!!

I'm hearing a certain "Ginger Pele" is in need of a replacement just down the road...shall I tell Lee Power he can get in touch with you, then...?

Aside from a few individuals such as Joey and Beano, all players want to play wherever is best for them in terms of higher leagues, bigger pay and family convenience.

We’ve been over this so many times!
True but Fosu appeared to lose interest when there was a sniff of a move whereas Holland was still really communicating with the players after his injury and return to West Ham. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back here next season if the clubs can agree on the % wages contribution ;) . If he develops well, he could be a real force in L1 next year and provide us with pace and threat down the wings that we haven't seen since Whyte left.

Back
Top Bottom