Votes: 32 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Carabao Cup R1 action tomorrow night.

Bristol drew against Preston at home.

Since the turn of the 00's, we have played them 5 times, 3 in the league 2 in the League Cup

Last 6 meetings:

02 Oct 1999Oxford United v Bristol CityW3-0League Division 2
24 Apr 2000Bristol City v Oxford UnitedD2-2League Division 2
30 Sep 2000Oxford United v Bristol CityL0-1League Division 2
03 Mar 2001Bristol City v Oxford UnitedD0-0League Division 2
10 Sep 2002Bristol City v Oxford United - James HuntW0-1League Cup
12 Aug 2014Bristol City v Oxford United - Carlton Morris + Danny HyltonW1-2League Cup

W: 3
D: 2
L: 1

Last edited:
Doesn't look like it. Just says "Listen".
Do Bristol have their own service or are they iFollow too?

I have one spare ticket for this - free to anyone who wants it. I'm taking my son but someone else is now not coming

Is this on iFollow for "international" fans?

I'm pretty sure it isn't - when you sign up for a season pass, they promise you all 46 league games but don't promise you the cups.
In the past couple of years, they've usually also shown the Pizza Trophy games, but not the League or FA Cups.

ESPN+ has the rights to games in the US, but they appear to be (not unreasonably) showing only Burton vs. Leicester tomorrow. And of course they're showing Wrexham vs. Wigan today.

I'd go back to replays in the League Cup also, but then I guess I'm "Old Skool" when it comes to that. Without replays we would never have had the glory of 1983...

Oxford United 1 Manchester United 1
Replay: Manchester United 1 Oxford United 1 (aet)
2nd Replay: Oxford United 2 Manchester United 1 (aet)

We played 11 games in the League Cup run of 1983/4
Imagine how horrified managers like Klopp would be by that!

I'd go back to replays in the League Cup also, but then I guess I'm "Old Skool" when it comes to that. Without replays we would never have had the glory of 1983...

Not only that, but we won a coin toss as well.

Manning suggested a couple of changes.
Mills for Tyler I assume will be one.
Then Stevens and/or McGuane in as well?

I assume that Beadle will play if he wants to build an understanding in defence rather than 'rest' players and give the back up players a chance?
I'd go for that but I wouldn't be surprised to see Browne rested and Goodrham and Mills start. Goodrham showed little quality on the ball on Saturday, in fact he barely had it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the data showed him covering a lot more distance than Marcus per 90.

I guess it depends on how we expect them to set up. Cambridge gave them the blue print for how to stifle our attack, and so by some degree they'd be foolish not to follow it, but perhaps they'll just trust their quality against ours and press us less in wide positions. If they do that, I fancy our chances of getting something, but regardless, I anticipate a close game.

0-1 Oxford. Rodrigues with the goal.

Imagine how horrified managers like Klopp would be by that!
In the middle of the Man Utd games we also played Reading twice in FAC round 2. First game at their place and replay at Manor on Wed immediately after the first game. Oh .... and there were also 5 league games in Dec as well, incl Boxing Day v Bristol Rovers (3-2 Kevin Brock winner) followed NEXT DAY, 27th away at Bolton. 4 days later Orient at home (5-2) .... then only two days later 2nd Jan, a trip to Devon to play Exeter (by this time the team was well and truly knackered and lost 1-3).
As we had beaten Reading we then had a 3rd round FAC game v Burnley a few days later. It really was non-stop that season, which as you say Klopp, Guardiola would be going bonkers at.

The drawn first replay resulted in Robert Maxwell’s successful coin toss for the second replay venue …..and my forum username.

In the middle of the Man Utd games we also played Reading twice in FAC round 2. First game at their place and replay at Manor on Wed immediately after the first game. Oh .... and there were also 5 league games in Dec as well, incl Boxing Day v Bristol Rovers (3-2 Kevin Brock winner) followed NEXT DAY, 27th away at Bolton. 4 days later Orient at home (5-2) .... then only two days later 2nd Jan, a trip to Devon to play Exeter (by this time the team was well and truly knackered and lost 1-3).
As we had beaten Reading we then had a 3rd round FAC game v Burnley a few days later. It really was non-stop that season, which as you say Klopp, Guardiola would be going bonkers at.
Brocky two quality free kicks in replays against Man U and Reading ....Reading away extremely eye opening for a 10 year old .
Andy Thomas awful leg break at Exeter put him out for well over a year 😞

I went to all the great oxford v man utd games .We went to Old Trafford played golf at the mere golf club ,with Cuddy, Chris truby ( trubys cafe kidlington) and Porick. After golf we played a frame of snooker after an up and coming golfer Lee Westwood who was with chubby Chandler. What a great day that was the 1-1 draw back the manor and I think Bobby Mcdonald scored the winner. Magic memories that what football and golf out with your mates give you.

Does anyone know if I can watch the match abroad in Denmark as not available to watch on ifollow?

Back
Top Bottom