FA Cup Round 2 - OUFC vs Grimsby

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Cash comes a security issue in the handling of
Remember we only use these offices occasionally
doesnt appear to be an issue for the Blackbird, which is cash only

nor for that matter for OUFC official programme sellers on matchdays , also cash only

We have now sold exactly one third of the available tickets with two weeks still to go. Bearing in mind that most ticket sales are usually in the week leading up to the game, and that we have Bolton on the Tuesday evening before this game, I will be very surprised if new areas are not required to be opened.

Which begs two questions:

1 - Will they be opened with enough time before the game to give people a decent choice of where to sit, rather than two days before the game?

2 - Why go through this charade in the first place?

Close the North Stand, if they really are that desperate to save money, but open the East and South Stands fully. This is 7,056 home seats available, and if 1,500 or so of them end up being empty, so what? It would still be about 80% full and everyone would be able to have sat where they wanted. The extra stewarding etc would be negligible and we wouldn't P**s off some of our fans, while looking tinpot.
45% of tickets now sold.

About 500 since my post on Sunday. Still looks to me like we'll need to open up extra areas.

To be fair, if like myself a ST holder, suspect lots going to be paying on the day.

Just can't be bothered to book online

What worries me is that the grimsby supporters will be in a group singing and our supporters that sing will be scattered about struggling to get songs going.

So, I assume that Brentford will stop Stevens playing again?
In which case will we have to play a back 3 with wing backs?

I assume that McEachran, Murphy , Negru, Goodrham will get starts?

45% of tickets now sold.

About 500 since my post on Sunday. Still looks to me like we'll need to open up extra areas.
56% of tickets now sold, meaning only about 1,900 left.

We may, or may not, need to open extra areas, but if not then it means all areas will be pretty full, and some people will end up in inferior seats to those that would have been available if more areas were open. I still think this decision was not the correct one, and maybe will have impacted the eventual attendance. I'd have maybe closed the North Stand, and opened the other two stands fully.

56% of tickets now sold, meaning only about 1,900 left.

We may, or may not, need to open extra areas, but if not then it means all areas will be pretty full, and some people will end up in inferior seats to those that would have been available if more areas were open. I still think this decision was not the correct one, and maybe will have impacted the eventual attendance. I'd have maybe closed the North Stand, and opened the other two stands fully.
I think that I wouod have kept open the family stand and gone for getting in as many families as possible, but get your point.

I think that I wouod have kept open the family stand and gone for getting in as many families as possible, but get your point.
That's a fair point.

I was merely coming at it from the position of it being a whole stand (well, half but you know what I mean) so easier to justify the closure, if it's all about cost savings.

So, I assume that Brentford will stop Stevens playing again?
In which case will we have to play a back 3 with wing backs?

I assume that McEachran, Murphy , Negru, Goodrham will get starts?
If they stop him again, I’d say he’s going back/somewhere else in Jan.

They allowed all their other loanees to play in the previous round.

That's a fair point.

I was merely coming at it from the position of it being a whole stand (well, half but you know what I mean) so easier to justify the closure, if it's all about cost savings.
As I suggested a few days ago, I wish they would open the north stand as normal and close the SSL. It still saves costs on staffing as it is in theory a whole stand. You then have some of the best views available in the NS plus the family area along with the sensory room.

As I suggested a few days ago, I wish they would open the north stand as normal and close the SSL. It still saves costs on staffing as it is in theory a whole stand. You then have some of the best views available in the NS plus the family area along with the sensory room.

I say this as a denizen of the East Stand but if a stand has to be shut then it makes more sense to me closing the East Stand rather than the North Stand with its extra facilities for family etc. But agree, the South lower makes the most sense.

I say this as a denizen of the East Stand but if a stand has to be shut then it makes more sense to me closing the East Stand rather than the North Stand with its extra facilities for family etc. But agree, the South lower makes the most sense.
hmmmm -Ive been evicted from my usual/ ST seat in SSL , and, not too happy to being in SSU* for the fa cup (* I wont say why, well not until after this saturdays cup game)

getting a couple of tickets for me n the partners lad was rather a tough call/choice-- top end of SSL didn't offer much, sadly neither did East stand two blocks, so reluctantly went for SSU ( hoping other east stand blocks would be made avail -and transfer to there, except they haven't)

Wonder what the club / ticket office will do if sales over the next few days take it to a point where on the day walk ups Saturday exceed the restricted blocks seats available at the moment?

It would also look a bloody sight better on the TV.

hmmmm -Ive been evicted from my usual/ ST seat in SSL , and, not too happy to being in SSU* for the fa cup (* I wont say why, well not until after this saturdays cup game)

getting a couple of tickets for me n the partners lad was rather a tough call/choice-- top end of SSL didn't offer much, sadly neither did East stand two blocks, so reluctantly went for SSU ( hoping other east stand blocks would be made avail -and transfer to there, except they haven't)

Wonder what the club / ticket office will do if sales over the next few days take it to a point where on the day walk ups Saturday exceed the restricted blocks seats available at the moment?
I look forward to your report of being in the SSU Sarge and whether you enjoy your prawn sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom