Away Match Build Up 9/11/22 L1: Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxford1996

A chance to pull away from the bottom group of teams for now.

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Henry McGuane Brannagan
Joseph O’Donkor Browne

Subs: McGinty, Anderson, Gorrin, Bate, Bodin, Goodrham, Taylor​

Last edited by a moderator:
Really need Long fit for this one. The team was horribly imbalanced against Fleetwood and we need that back 5 to be as resilient as possible the way Shrews play.

Mad that if we win, we’ll be in the top half 5 points off the playoffs and 8 from relegation. I didn’t have any faith in this thin and unbalanced squad after the transfer window to still provide a platform for a strong second half of the season. A win would be a really good step towards that.

If (huge huge if) we manage 2 wins this week we would be mid table - by definition really, as a team that will have won as many matches as it's lost.

That's either a measure of how poor results have been, or a mildly encouraging thought looking forward.

Hmm...

Seddon suspended.
Brannagan, Browne and Findlay one away from suspension.

Was a suggestion last week that Murphy was being lined up for this one.

A chance to pull away from the bottom group of teams for now.

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Henry McGuane Brannagan
Joseph O’Donkor Browne

Subs: McGinty, Anderson, Gorrin, Bate, Bodin, Goodrham, Taylor​
No Long according to KR today. It's a shambles when 1 injury throws the whole defense. Shame you can't get an emergency full back like you can a goalie

No Long according to KR today. It's a shambles when 1 injury throws the whole defense. Shame you can't get an emergency full back like you can a goalie
Any decent manager would actually sign enough players for each position I wouldn't even trust KR to sign an emergency fullback on loan he'd probably sign a winger

I’d play James Golding if Long is out.
Difficult for him to come in after a month without playing football (unless we've had a behind closed doors game).
But given the comments on Anderson, don't think there's any one else without playing another player out of position or a change of shape

Difficult for him to come in after a month without playing football (unless we've had a behind closed doors game).
But given the comments on Anderson, don't think there's any one else without playing another player out of position or a change of shape
Seddon it is then. Not sure I can watch that again.

Bring in McGinty and shift Eastwood to right back. Problem solved

I just listened and watched the KR interview on Shrewsbury preview. No discussion about the game. Really a waste of my time. What is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom