Away Match Day Thread 9/11/22 L1: Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely hammered you???!!! Bullied you off of the forum???!!!

You really are a delicate flower aren't you, if that's what you think.

So you turned out to be right about Yanic's injury being long term, but that's not the issue for me, and you didn't know that at the time. It's the fact that you are now celebrating being right, and have returned to the forum to say as much. Yes, the season so far is s**t. I'm not enjoying it, nor are many others, but I don't feel the need to mention it EVERY SINGLE TIME I POST. And I don't revel in it the way you do.

I'm no happy clapper, but you bring nothing to this forum other than mindless negativity. That, coupled with your attention seeking, makes you a very boring poster.
You’re a bit pompous Colin to be fair. And your posts hinting at what the board have told you for the last 15 years are pretty tedious too.

You did absolutely hammer me.

I'm not "celebrating being right." I think it's a big issue for us that it was predictable that this season was going to be nothing but disappointment before it even started. Especially when you factor in our very competitive budget this season. It's not a question of "revelling" in being right, it's a question of how fans could predict this season was going nowhere this season but the board and KR couldn't.

When it comes to your belief I am mindlessly negative, that is an objectively incorrect view. Firstly, the negativity isn't mindless as it is based on objectively poor performances. If it was mindless I would be negative even if we were top of the league. Secondly, not that you are going to go through all of my posts, but I was not negative for a long time after joining this forum, only after I could see the direction we are heading in.

Maybe I am delicate. I'm certainly not expecting an apology even though you hammered me for an opinion that proved correct on both counts.

There's this opinion held by a small minority on here that "KR outers" are just negative ungrateful idiots. But whether you think that or not, they just want what they think is best for Oxford United. We ALL want to be in a position where Oxford United are good to watch again, challenging for promotions and playing entertaining football.
f**k me, I knew I shouldn't have replied to you.

Crack on pal, I've had enough already. The playground is all yours.

All the while the clock keeps ticking. Time that elapses towards January where we could provide a new manager with time to recognise what is needed and deliver us a stability that we badly need.

Surely, surely, we cannot entrust Karl with another transfer window?
For the love of god NO!
He needs to go and go now!

Back to the thread
Shrews away

Anyone else notice for our goal Brown crosses a decent ball in just to high for Taylor but Chey Dunkley not only doesn’t head it away but straight to Brannagan who fires in
How many times do we berate our own central defenders for doing that
And some on here have mentioned they would like to see him back

You did absolutely hammer me.

I'm not "celebrating being right." I think it's a big issue for us that it was predictable that this season was going to be nothing but disappointment before it even started. Especially when you factor in our very competitive budget this season. It's not a question of "revelling" in being right, it's a question of how fans could predict this season was going nowhere this season but the board and KR couldn't.

When it comes to your belief I am mindlessly negative, that is an objectively incorrect view. Firstly, the negativity isn't mindless as it is based on objectively poor performances. If it was mindless I would be negative even if we were top of the league. Secondly, not that you are going to go through all of my posts, but I was not negative for a long time after joining this forum, only after I could see the direction we are heading in.

Maybe I am delicate. I'm certainly not expecting an apology even though you hammered me for an opinion that proved correct on both counts.

There's this opinion held by a small minority on here that "KR outers" are just negative ungrateful idiots. But whether you think that or not, they just want what they think is best for Oxford United. We ALL want to be in a position where Oxford United are good to watch again, challenging for promotions and playing entertaining football.
I’m not sure anybody thinks KR haters are negative ungrateful idiots and I’m not sure anyone “hates” KR at all
It’s about opinions and some thought KR was a bad appointment from the start some changed their mind some still want him to continue although that may be very few now
But in all honesty if you post on here you have to be prepared to be shot down. I have in the past but I bear no ill will for someone having a different point of view

You’re a bit pompous Colin to be fair. And your posts hinting at what the board have told you for the last 15 years are pretty tedious too.
But that’s what the forums all about. Someone close to the club letting out as much information as they dare
Birdio, Colin, Cotswold Cowboy and UTO ( although he seems to have disappeared)
give us bits of information that we wouldn’t normally get
I welcome their input and their track record is pretty good.

Let's insult the person on this forum closest to the club who shares, despite not having to, what information he can without being biased or damaging to the club.

Interesting approach.

I’m not sure anybody thinks KR haters are negative ungrateful idiots and I’m not sure anyone “hates” KR at all
It’s about opinions and some thought KR was a bad appointment from the start some changed their mind some still want him to continue although that may be very few now
But in all honesty if you post on here you have to be prepared to be shot down. I have in the past but I bear no ill will for someone having a different point of view
Having a different view keeps the forums alive, as for hating KR points can be made without need for the personal stuff and insulting Labels so there clearly are those that dislike him.

and Aldo if you don't ike that, stick it in your pipe and smoke it so there:D

Aldo to serve New Balls Please.:)

That just is’nt good enough and could be and considering how the last two windows worked very expensive. It would also make people wonder what the true aim of the board are.
We’re not in contention this season for promotion the best we can hope for is a couple of decent players in January who are prepared to come in to an unbalanced side and keep us up.
But he has to go and go now
That is the best we can hope for whether the Board sack him or not though. Just playing devils advocate here btw - I’d have loved to have had Neil Critchley in a couple of weeks ago (think he might be off to Luton now).

I’m confident we’ll plug the gaps in January and have a decent second half of the season whoever’s in charge, so can see why the Board would wait another few months, save a few hundred grand, then make a decision on who should lead us into next season.

I don’t know if that’s the best course of action, just making it clear theres lots to weigh up. The Board didn’t make their money by throwing hundreds of thousands away for no tangible benefit. That only comes into play if we can go up or go down. Right now neither the opportunity of the Championship or the risk of L2 are forcing hands.

Having a different view keeps the forums alive, as for hating KR points can be made without need for the personal stuff and insulting Labels so there clearly are those that dislike him.

and Aldo if you don't ike that, stick it in your pipe and smoke it so there:D

Aldo to serve New Balls Please.:)
Horseman enough nah nah nah nah nah 😀

To come back to reality, is there a more archetypal div 3 result than a 1-1 draw at Shrewsbury? What a lot of froth! I blame the internet.

It really is tough going at the minute for Utd and Karl and it's not going to get any easier this week. I live on the out skirts of the potteries and know the Vale owners well Carol has done an amazing job on and off the grass (Karl's new favorite saying ) they have built a great squad and team . They battle well and I think I shall be in for alot of ribbing next week I just can see our terrible home record carrying on. Then I can see us getting dunked out of the cup next week we are battling well but just don't see any method in our play .Let's hope we some how sleek a win Saturday.

That just is’nt good enough and could be and considering how the last two windows worked very expensive. It would also make people wonder what the true aim of the board are.
We’re not in contention this season for promotion the best we can hope for is a couple of decent players in January who are prepared to come in to an unbalanced side and keep us up.
But he has to go and go now
If the players targeted by KR last window didn't want to come in then what changes in the January window NOTHING

Actually felt a bit sorry for Eastwood last night, he seemed absolutely determined to get a clean sheet. But you can't concede so many corners and free kicks around the box and not expect at least one or two good chances to come against you and eventually we were hit by the law of averages. It is very frustrating because only 4 teams have scored more than once against us in the league this season (and we won one of those against Exeter).

Compared to the rubbish served up in early part of the season we at least do now seem a hard team to beat. For sure it is not pretty to watch in fact it is incredibly boring. But it is going to be difficult to remove the manager now based on results as they have improved compared to before even if the entertainment value is zero. This is not a Robinson side that you would normally associate with Robinson. But it is all Robinson's fault completely with his useless transfer strategy in the Summer that we have not got a team that we expected to see.

The problem is that even when we had a good Robinson team we still fell short. The team we have now is unlikely to get dragged into a relegation scrap and is unlikely to challenge for the play offs. The season is written off already and we are stuck as a mid table side playing turgid boring football with plenty of 1-0s and 1-1s for the next 6 months. So the risk is that you change Robinson and the new manager messes it up and we do have to deal with a relegation fight because under Robinson I don't think this will be the case. Or you take the gamble with a new manager and hope that we can move forward and get ready for next season with some fresh ideas. I'm starting to lean towards ensuring the team is not at risk of relegation so keeping the manager, writing off this season and changing it at the end of the season unless we genuinely do get into a relegation scrap when an immediate change has to be made. It's not ideal and it is not going to be pretty to watch but I am starting to come to terms with it, still going to the home games but all the while the performance and entertainment is awful not planning on travelling the country and wasting my time going to away matches. And hoping next season we are still in League 1 and starting with a new manager in charge who knows how to spend a top 3 budget and can bring in good players for the positions we need to be a serious promotion candidate in 2023/24.

But that’s what the forums all about. Someone close to the club letting out as much information as they dare
Birdio, Colin, Cotswold Cowboy and UTO ( although he seems to have disappeared)
give us bits of information that we wouldn’t normally get
I welcome their input and their track record is pretty good.
You've left one out he'll be very upset!!😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom