Home Match Day Thread 6-10-2020 EFL Trophy OUFC v Bristol Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll continue to make this nonsense a ‘thing’ in the hope that the SSU are singing it in the round.
To the tune of Katy Perry's 'Roar'

He caught the the eye of Tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
'Cause he is a Frenchman
Derrick Osei Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww.
What about something to the tune of La Marseillaise?

He is our man, he's French he looooves to score
His name is De-RIIIICK Osei Yaw

Good save from Stevens. Solid spot kicks except Agyei.

Let’s not hide from the truth though. It wasn’t a good performance from the lads tonight. Despite getting the job done. That bunch of young fringe players should be beating Bristol Rovers inside 90mins.

Nice to win of course, but definitely room for improvement.

Osei cant stop scoring.Robbie sounding good. Wont miss the scaffolding next saturday!

But it’s the defence I’m concerned about

As I said finding his feet on his debut. 2nd half was encouraging.

Never a penalty with a cracking tackle from Nico Jones. Good save by Jack Stevens followed by a shocking miss by Leahy.

I see a player in McGuane but he was up and down. Had some really good moments and some shockers. After the penalty, he came alive.

Cracking finish by Osei. And I like him coming deep a bit to then run at the defence with his pace. My earlier comments still apply though.

Could have nicked it in the end which wouldn't have been deserved.

With the penalty shootout, 2 things:

1) Brilliant from Jack Stevens, who had a good game with some quality saves. Definitely pushing Easty.
2) Will our players please stop short run ups for penalties?! If somebody is going to miss then it will generally be one of those taking a short run up. I think it makes placement far more predictable.

Last edited:
I can't help thinking that McGuane is one of those players who flatters to deceive - keeps looking like he has talent and then not really delivering.

Decent run out for our fringe/ youth players. Stevens looking more and more capable, Yaw is raw but a finisher . Mellow yellow and GUK go quiet when things go well but cannot stop posting If not going well ...strange that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom