Current Player #3 Ciaron Brown

Believe it’s called ‘spot fixing’

I remember there was an investigation on Xhaka at Arsenal for a yellow he got a few months ago. As there was a high number on bets placed on it.

Does remind me of the Wayne Shaw pie eating thing from a few years ago, which really annoyed me. Bookies that did that know they'll either make easy money on something that can't possibly happen due to the nature of the bet being available, or get the footballer in trouble for indulging it.

More than footballers getting in trouble over stuff like this, those bets need to get scrapped.

Believe it’s called ‘spot fixing’

I remember there was an investigation on Xhaka at Arsenal for a yellow he got a few months ago. As there was a high number on bets placed on it.

That's just because he gets booked a lot anyway!

Last season, he got twice as many red cards as he did goals for Arsenal.

He'd be odds on to get booked most matches. Hardly a money spinner, really.

That's just because he gets booked a lot anyway!

Last season, he got twice as many red cards as he did goals for Arsenal.

He'd be odds on to get booked most matches. Hardly a money spinner, really.

A couple of things. Firstly it would be difficult to prove that there was deliberate intent to get booked. He was involved
in a fairly minor challenge and held on to the ball as he made his way back to his position. He knocked the ball away, but not excessively. It is something you see several times in every game and could have easily resulted in a chat from the referee rather than a booking.

Secondly, there would need to be evidence of explicit communication from Brown to others that showed that the booking was premeditated and that this was for financial gain.

I suspect that this will be a warning by the club to look at his future conduct and nothing more.

Correct.

After sending messages to numerous friends telling them to bet large amounts of money on it.

Not a great look. I don’t remember his yellow card, will be interesting to see it back!
Remember thinking at the time 'why do that'... That's why.

Mind you, if that's been leaked he really needs to choose his 'friends' a little better.

It was a silly yellow, he kept hold of the ball when Arsenal were awarded a free kick, then throw the ball away.
Something the Arsenal players did numerous times before he did and didn't get anything.
If it is investigated, then the FA need to check whether the ref/his mates had a bet on it too.

There is no way he texted mates about this, let alone ones he doesn't know well enough to not leak the texts.

Not saying there was anything untoward, just saying it was a silly yellow, which it was.
Something the Arsenal players did numerous times before he did and didn't get anything.
If it is investigated, then the FA need to check whether the ref/his mates had a bet on it too.

There is no way he texted mates about this, let alone ones he doesn't know well enough to not leak the texts.

Care to expand
When a foul got given in the second half when in this incident he held on to the ball too long, looked like he aimed a shove/closed fist at the arsenal players trying to take the ball off him. He would be pretty stupid if the rumours are correct and he did it on purpose.

Remember thinking at the time 'why do that'... That's why.

Mind you, if that's been leaked he really needs to choose his 'friends' a little better.

100%

I’ve seen some of the screenshots of a group chat. It’s ‘friends’ of Ciaron Brown claiming he told them he will get booked tonight and they’ve had 3 figure bets on him to get carded at 8/1. Time will tell if it’s legit I suppose.

100%

I’ve seen some of the screenshots of a group chat. It’s ‘friends’ of Ciaron Brown claiming he told them he will get booked tonight and they’ve had 3 figure bets on him to get carded at 8/1. Time will tell if it’s legit I suppose.
Plonker if true but can’t be the first time it’s happened and probably not a difficult one to argue out of - first time offender etc. Mates may need to return their winnings. Maybe I’m playing it down too much.

8/1 was a cracking price where was I looking 🤣

100%

If I were Ciaron Brown, with the thought of playing against Arsenal, I'd be telling my mates that I'm definitely getting booked. It's all about intent.

Back
Top Bottom