Home Match Day Thread 29/7/2023 PS Friendly: OUFC v Queens Park Rangers

West Oxon U’s

QPR team that defeated Reading 2-0 ( Kelman & sub Taylor Richards) in a Friendly at Reading’s training ground on Tuesday.

Asmir Begovic
Osman Kakay
Trent Rendall
Jimmy Dunne
Ziyad Larkeche
Albert Adomah
Stephen Duke-McKenna
Dominic Gape (trialist)
Lyndon Dykes
Ilias Chair
Charlie Kelman

(No Chris Willock, Sam Field, Paul Smyth, Jake Clarke-Salter or Andre Dozzell)

Last edited:
A fair smattering of people around me moaning and groaning every time the ball wasn’t passed forward today, and the same v Swansea. I also heard someone moaning repeatedly about Beadle, who is apparently “a dodgy b****r”, while claiming that Manning should “get Easty back in for the proper games.”

Bliss.
Ffs I was looking forward to Saturday before reading that

I don’t know what was going on with Rangers, they seemed dozy to start with and totally gave up after half time. I doubt Cambridge will be so easy. But we look so purposeful and well coached: I think it will be less about specific players and more about fitting into the team’s pattern of play.

He’s gonna flop for us don’t look fit enough for league one step up too much
I know it’s like shooting fish in a barrel going back and picking out ludicrous comments…..so, 18 minutes into the last pre-season friendly you’ve decided that Rodrigues is not fit and not good enough?

I’m not getting carried away by today and thought he started slowly but most certainly improved thereafter and showed some encouraging signs.

That comment was matched by the idiot who sat behind me and said of Beadle ‘well, i hope he’s a good shot stopper cos he can’t kick it’.

Give them a chance and see what pans out people!

That display was as coherent, together and workman like as I have seen from an Oxford side for years. So much skill involved. The Harris goal included a touch of magic, and everytime someone scored everyone it seemed congratulated each other.
Well the goals come from everywhere, but we still need competition for Harris, hopefully in the form of the striker being touted from up north.

Last edited:
Cam Bran sounds well up for it for this season. He seems the type of player who thrives under managers like App and Manning - where there's a clear direction and mentalilty. Not every game goes your way but he'l be up for it.
Cam never played under Appleton.

A fair smattering of people around me moaning and groaning every time the ball wasn’t passed forward today, and the same v Swansea. I also heard someone moaning repeatedly about Beadle, who is apparently “a dodgy b****r”, while claiming that Manning should “get Easty back in for the proper games.”

Bliss.
Mental.

Been looking at the QPR forum, hide any sharp objects!

One poster summed up Ainsworth tactics as:-

The game plan is to knock it aimlessly behind their full backs for Chair or Wilock to run onto and hope they pick up the second ball. That is seriously it.
rate-up.gif
rate-down.gif

This was how Wycombe played, the worst team to watch ever!

Been looking at the QPR forum, hide any sharp objects!

One poster summed up Ainsworth tactics as:-

The game plan is to knock it aimlessly behind their full backs for Chair or Wilock to run onto and hope they pick up the second ball. That is seriously it.
rate-up.gif
rate-down.gif

This was how Wycombe played, the worst team to watch ever!
That’s spot on it’s like he thought his old Wycombe team were playing against KR’s Oxford United.

From their forum

You could argue that and maybe be right but Oxford nearly got relegated last year also have no money, also changed their manager in the back end of last year, but played us of the park and were clearly organised defensively and had patterns of play going forward. They looked well coached.

We were an utter shambles in every way possible

Don’t agree about the money situation
agree about the change in manager
Agree about almost being relegated
Agree with being well coached
Don’t agree about playing them if the park but we’re certainly better
But most certainly agree with them being an utter shambles

I am cautiously optimistic about this season now, given how much work was needed over a single transfer window after the carnage of last season’s I would of been happy with mid table, but Manning and his back room staff and Waldron seem to have gone all baz ball and got straight at it, we look an impressive and organised outfit compared to this stage of pre season last year.

Back
Top Bottom