Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/4/2018 OUFC v Rochdale Match Day Thread +++

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but the two penalty decisions seemed a bit harsh on Rochdale. They also had a shout for one.
Obviously glad of the win, but it does seem tough on the Dale.
Were you watching that first penalty decision in Winchester? Absolutely nailed on. I think the ref blew the whistle before the tackle was made! Second one.....so,so. Seen them given for less.

Thought the first penalty was clear cut but the second could have gone either way. Both taken expertly though. Just as well as we weren't going to score from open play. Apart from one outstanding pass by Obika in second half, neither he nor Thomas looked even interested in scoring. Hall coming on was the crucial moment. The Dale defence couldn't cope with him and targeted him with some nasty challenges. Can't see how any of the other names mentioned for manager could have done better than Robertson with the pool of players he had available.

Great run from Rothwell for the 1st looks nailed on pen on the highlights but I was right in front of it however and it was a clear dive on contact I thought the 2nd was more of a pen and a good decision from the lino as the ref didnt see it or want to give it.

Both great pressure pens and shame on the strikers for ducking the responsibility. Job done all round. Good atmosphere in the end very edgy 1st half very relieved. The ultra lads cant let off smoke bombs then moan and wonder why the club make it awkward for them to put up flags etc

Great run from Rothwell for the 1st looks nailed on pen on the highlights but I was right in front of it however and it was a clear dive on contact I thought the 2nd was more of a pen and a good decision from the lino as the ref didnt see it or want to give it.

Both great pressure pens and shame on the strikers for ducking the responsibility. Job done all round. Good atmosphere in the end very edgy 1st half very relieved. The ultra lads cant let off smoke bombs then moan and wonder why the club make it awkward for them to put up flags etc[/QUOT

I don't think the person that let the smoke bomb off was one of the main ultra boys. The ultras were actually really pissed off and kept calling him an idiot.

To me both pens were a case of p#ssed off if they weren’t given but p#ssed off if they were given against us!

I thought they were both penalties, although I thought Rothwell fouled their bloke just outside the penalty area before the first. The second was a good spot by the lino. Both were well taken - as has been said, noticeable that neither of the strikers took one, and also that neither of the out-and-out strikers had a goal in the goal of the season or were anywhere near being in the running for fan's or player's player of the year.

Both penalties were correctly given for me. The Rochdale player who gave both away certainly didn't learn after the 1st one.

Hell of a penalty by Mous and a good calm penalty by TK.

I thought both were legitimate pens. First one softer than the other. They were right in front of where I was sitting so had a great view. Both pens taken very well

I have to say that, irrespective of the penalty decisions, I thought the ref was absolutely atrocious again yesterday. I listened to a bit of the radio5 phone in on the way home yesterday and there was a Liverpool fan on bemoaning the poor standard of referees in the premier league and it was commented on that it seems to be the same all the way down through the leagues. And not a single English ref selected for this summers World Cup. Something has to be done as standards are as low as they’ve ever been for some reason.

Says something about our strike force when we have our CB and RB stepping up

One final comment on yesterday. Some fans were struggling to get a chant out or a word straight because of how much alcohol they'd consumed beforehand. A little embarrassing to hear grown men badly slurring their words at 2.45pm.

One final comment on yesterday. Some fans were struggling to get a chant out or a word straight because of how much alcohol they'd consumed beforehand. A little embarrassing to hear grown men badly slurring their words at 2.45pm.

Apologies, I started slurring my words at 2.30pm

Embarrassing- but impressive!

Lucky you didn’t see the scrap on the right side Oxford Mail

Back
Top Bottom