Away Match Build Up 27/04/2024: L1 - Exeter City v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago the discussion was how many points do we need to get into the play-offs. Most felt our current total (74) would not be enough, but 75 might. 77 would easily get us there. So here we are going into the final day of the season ...

View attachment 19187

It has to be a win for the Us and if we come up short we at least achieved a target, albeit one not openly talked about, and can say we've had a satisfactory season based on where we were last time around My worry is we will prove the statisticians right, get an unlucky draw, end up on 75 points and finish 7th or 8th. I hope this fate falls to Lincoln or Barnsley.

Come on you yellows!
Yes 77 points would be a very high total to not get into the play offs if that was to happen.
Ultimately all we can do is to win and see what happens.

We need a win and must hope that either Lincoln or Barnsley lose or draw.
If we draw, it will only be enough if Barnsley lose as we have a better GD, or if Lincoln lose.
I think?
If we draw we then need just one of either Barnsley or Lincoln to lose.... and Blackpool not to win!

If Blackpool win then we would need both of Barnsley and Lincoln to lose.

Not at all complicated :unsure:

If we draw we then need just one of either Barnsley or Lincoln to lose.... and Blackpool not to win!

If Blackpool win then we would need both of Barnsley and Lincoln to lose.

Not at all complicated :unsure:

And there is the option that we lose 1-0, Blackpool draw and Lincoln lose 7-0. Be nice if Pompey were 4-0 up at half-time.

Lincoln draw, Barnsley win, us a 2 - 1 loss. Very happy with prediction on the basis I thought Peterborough would hammer us a couple of weeks ago!

Impossible to predict. After Peterborough, I convinced myself we'd turned a corner. After the last two games, it look like the corner we took has lead into a cul-de-sac. Exeter are in a decent run of form - better than us whether you look at the last 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 games (https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3). Given that, in a regular game you might grudgingly accept an away draw, but ...

We obviously have more reason to be fired up, but then I am not convinced some of the team are good when put under pressure. All we can do is cross everything and keep chanting 'I believe' under our breaths, while trying to resist looking at the other scores every 30 seconds!

Impossible to predict. After Peterborough, I convinced myself we'd turned a corner. After the last two games, it look like the corner we took has lead into a cul-de-sac. Exeter are in a decent run of form - better than us whether you look at the last 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 games (https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3). Given that, in a regular game you might grudgingly accept an away draw, but ...

We obviously have more reason to be fired up, but then I am not convinced some of the team are good when put under pressure. All we can do is cross everything and keep chanting 'I believe' under our breaths, while trying to resist looking at the other scores every 30 seconds!
Yeah, the trouble is we cross everything and the goalie catches it!!!

I have an 18-23 ticket for this game. I’m sure it could be upgraded to an adult ticket if required. Please PM if interested. Selling at face value (£24)

Edit: sold

Last edited:
I think we will win but so will the other sides. Not certain I get the we are under big pressure thing, we are the outsiders as two sides are above us, also it’s only to get in the play offs where we have a 25% chance statistically but realistically probably less than that with a likely very tough semi final to Bolton to get through before even getting to the lottery of Wembley.

If the players can’t cope with this amount of pressure then they are never going to get us up anyway. We might lose because we don’t play well or we are not good enough but I can’t see us crumbling because of the situation.

Can't see us winning (or losing!) - a draw & Lincoln will draw with Pompey leaving the door open for Blackpool.

Ben or George made a good point on the Dub about Exeter. They are in good form but have nothing to play for. They will probably go out to entertain, play with freedom and go for the win. That suits us more (and opens up space for Josh and Owen to run in to) then a team playing defensive and compact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom