Away Match Day Thread 27/01/2024 L1: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well you know me and my posts. I think I will try writing in Hieroglyphics next time

Next time? Pmsl

I'm starting to get quite angry about it. It's an absolute necessity for almost every club yet we don't address it and constantly suffer the consequences.

Trying to be clever, we think we can get away with certain things (no holding midfielder, not enough forwards, no full back cover, wingers made out of already broken glass etc) but it always catches us out.

We have to accept that we are a league one football club, we are not the smartest person in the room and build from there, the gambles, the trying to be different will always come up short, certain rules you have to live by in this (and every league) before you get genuine success.

We didn’t get out of the conference till we accepted that, we won’t get out of league one till we accept it.

Would people have take paying a fee for a DM (Conteh, say) if it meant we couldn't have signed Goodwin? I think I'd probably be in favour, though it's not an easy one to answer, I confess, as we're also very light up top.
I would have been in favour of recruiting Eustace, not having to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds compensation and then having the finance to recruit in both positions

Leigh looks really rusty, understandable given he's only just back. Pretty dreadful half for everyone there.

Poor, poor, poor, no physicality no passion no fight, we dont appear to have a clue

Hoping for an old fashioned game of two halves, nick one back early in 2nd half and get at them and then grab another 2

I just don’t understand how we’re even trying to score here. Pass backwards and side to side, then a raking cross-field nothing ball to one of the full-backs that they get nowhere near. Or passes into Goodrham, Harris or Rodrigues with 3 around them.

They are absolutely physically dominating us. It’s clear how they are playing, how they want to attack us and how they work to nullify any ‘threat’ we might pose.

Not expecting much out of this game now. But I would like to see us come out and look like we at least have a vague plan to attack. I’m aware it’s not easy when we have almost no attacking options. But at least a shape, structure or semblance of a gameplan.

Utter pants first half. 1 shot off target, aimless long passes, no pressing, players looks like they just can't be fucked today and are just here to get paid.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom