Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/9/18 OUFC v Manchester City Match day thread+++

Ignoring off the pitch activities, on the pitch it was same old Oxford. Yeah I know it was City but the same problems were obvious. okay in defence , good in the middle 3rd and toothless in the final 3rd.
Enjoy it though

Hostile?? Christ, I've seen more hostility at scout camp!!

And no one is expecting a coached to be moved, but how close were any police to the coach and barriers? Were any deployed to oversee this area and manage any potential issues with a few thousand people leaving through this area? When you became aware of the problem did anything change to address the concerns of those in that area?

And please don't say things like "I can't divulge this" etc as some of us are far more knowledgeable about these situations than you think!

Then if you know you know I can’t divulge.

Then if you know you know I can’t divulge.

So why come on here at all? All you've done is show the police operation to be one that only looks for public disorder rather than public safety. Your description of it as a hostile situation is ridiculous. There was just shy if 12000 people there last night, and I would guess that less than 100 could have been seen as anywhere approaching hostile. But rather than respond to a situation that evidently put large numbers at risk you prioritised control the very small number of idiots. The fact that you can't accept that this was wrong leaves me questioning why bother even being here if you can't be honest.

Wha
Ignoring off the pitch activities, on the pitch it was same old Oxford. Yeah I know it was City but the same problems were obvious. okay in defence , good in the middle 3rd and toothless in the final 3rd.
Enjoy it though
Nothing can be compared to League 1 opposition and some of the best players in the league.
So no way can anybody try and judge a team on yesterday as compared to playing Fleetwood and Sunderland at al

So why come on here at all? All you've done is show the police operation to be one that only looks for public disorder rather than public safety. Your description of it as a hostile situation is ridiculous. There was just shy if 12000 people there last night, and I would guess that less than 100 could have been seen as anywhere approaching hostile. But rather than respond to a situation that evidently put large numbers at risk you prioritised control the very small number of idiots. The fact that you can't accept that this was wrong leaves me questioning why bother even being here if you can't be honest.
When have I lied/ been dishonest? Please tell me.
Resources were placed in strategic locations around the stadium splitting them up to assist where possible, hence only a small number by the south stand.

Luton next Tuesday should be a quiet affair then...

I hate to think what our resident copper will think of the atmosphere next Tuesday if he thinks last night was hostile!

I'd put games away to teams like Northwich, Droyslden and St Albans in the conference days as more hostile atmospheres than last nights!

Bazzer - there were 'lads' in the North Stand openly & loudly bragging about doing it. The group doing the bragging were complete idiots, with a couple of them loudly banging on about how they hardly ever came to games because we were so 'Sh*t' etc. I said to one of them that they should calm down a bit.

Myself and mate then moved seats so at least we could between a family and the loudest 'gob-shite' in the group. I know central-ish, back of the North Stand isn't the most logical place for a family to sit, but even so some of the things a couple were shouting were idiotic and thick. Nothing wrong with giving the away fans a bit of banter, and showing a bit of passion but there are ways to do it.

There aren’t any reports of this happening

I was in row P near the man city fans, there was some really bad language which was embarrassing around families. It is impossible to stop.

Off course it is I swear at football am I proud? No! It’s just passion has been for 50 years for me outside the ground I don’t and neither does my grandson but if he swears in the ground can’t really moan with the amount of swearing that goes on, but he had better not outside.
Wait until week Tuesday with Luton then even though the crowd will be a lot less a few plastics not returning before during and after the match it will be very feisty.

I hate to think what our resident copper will think of the atmosphere next Tuesday if he thinks last night was hostile!

I'd put games away to teams like Northwich, Droyslden and St Albans in the conference days as more hostile atmospheres than last nights!
I’ve been in the middle of riots in Belfast,London and violent disorder in various towns and cities across the country. I could go on but then I’ll be accused of starting it all or glorifying it. Think I know hostile. It was reported to the control room as pockets of hostile fans, not by me.

I was in row P near the man city fans, there was some really bad language which was embarrassing around families. It is impossible to stop.
Oh this is not bad language that I replied about, it was about the alleged criminal damage to a minibus belonging to Man City fans.

The Eastbourne and district WI crib nights are more hostile than last night..

TVP really need some training on handling crowds.

High visibility policing alongside the stewards to assist in egress. Can’t divu much more but that’s the backbone of it.
Need to sort the stewards out as they couldn’t orgamise a P*ss up on a brewery and they also act billy big bollox

Off course it is I swear at football am I proud? No! It’s just passion has been for 50 years for me outside the ground I don’t and neither does my grandson but if he swears in the ground can’t really moan with the amount of swearing that goes on, but he had better not outside.
Wait until week Tuesday with Luton then even though the crowd will be a lot less a few plastics not returning before during and after the match it will be very feisty.

Well the last time we played them at home “they” didn’t turn up...

There aren’t any reports of this happening

I’m telling you Bazzer I heard it myself, was standing next to the people that were saying it.

I’m not offended by what they were saying, just thought a couple of them were a bit over the top without being funny.

When have I lied/ been dishonest? Please tell me.
Resources were placed in strategic locations around the stadium splitting them up to assist where possible, hence only a small number by the south stand.
Which all takes me back to the first comment I made about responding to the situation as it developed, and to be fluid in your response. Once public safety was at risk resources should have been deployed or those that were already there should have intervened. Neither happened. You said this was because of the threat of disorder and it being a hostile situation. Neither are respective of the real situation. If you have seen the action you've described and had huge resources at your disposal then how the hell can this be undone by a bloody football coach? Accept that you (the club and Man City van man) got this wrong would be honest. The rest is just a load of hot air and excuses.

Back
Top Bottom